Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Texas man catches child rapist in the act, kills him.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Reading your posts tells me that you just don't understand.

Or your arrogance is getting the best of you.

There is no misrepresentation on my part here. I am simply holding a mirror to your face. PLEASE make a post focusing on what I and Reba and others are talking about... the child, the NEXT child that this creep would have targeted, and how that childs' life is now made better. Post about how THAT child's innocence is now going to be preserved.

Can't do it, can you?

Sad.
You have blatantly misrepresented me because you have presumed too much about what I have left unsaid. I have only been addressing one thing. And cut the personal attacks.

Come on Free, you started this, don't back down now.

Tell us where I am wrong, go ahead.

Or tell us what this really is about, your self-righteous attempt to elevate yourself above the crowd of pitch-fork carrying common folk who cant stand aside and do nothing (ok, ... do little) while evil destroys another life.

Face it, children are defenseless. The CHILD did not start this, the creep did.
He did this to himself, Free. And he can be forgiven, I am glad for that. I am only concentrating on the evil that would be done to another child later.

Ok, fine, and I am glad he got destroyed for what he did, too. What is wrong with that?

I am just a mirror here.

You have blatantly misrepresented me because you have presumed too much about what I have left unsaid. I have only been addressing one thing. And cut the personal attacks.
Obfuscation.

Address the issue I bring up: the next victim.

Did you notice my sigline?

"He is not here, but we are".

Well, He was not there, but Daddy was. Bless Daddy. And damn, damn to hell the perp (if that is God's will, of course).

Anyway, gotta run... back in a few hours.

so prison rape and or murder by inmates is mercy?

here they are labeled for life as a predator. doesnt matter how long ago they did it and the age of the victim.

Obfuscation.
What obfuscation?

Pizzaguy said:
Address the issue I bring up: the next victim.
Funny how everyone thinks their points are the ones that need addressing and not the other persons. :bigfrown

Regardless, that there will not be a next victim from this abuser does not justify killing the abuser. Now, I realize the father didn't mean it but my whole point this whole time has been that killing an abuser, much less celebrating or being glad that he is dead, is not a Christian response.

Or tell us what this really is about, your self-righteous attempt to elevate yourself above the crowd of pitch-fork carrying common folk who cant stand aside and do nothing (ok, ... do little) while evil destroys another life.
:bigfrown When you don't have an argument, attack the person....Please read what I write.

Pizzaguy said:
Ok, fine, and I am glad he got destroyed for what he did, too. What is wrong with that?
It is not an appropriate Christian response.

What obfuscation?

Funny how everyone thinks their points are the ones that need addressing and not the other persons. :bigfrown

Regardless, that there will not be a next victim from this abuser does not justify killing the abuser. Now, I realize the father didn't mean it but my whole point this whole time has been that killing an abuser, much less celebrating or being glad that he is dead, is not a Christian response.

Will Christians not celebrate when the LORD sends his wrath against those who belong to this world. Will not His wrath result in the death of millions.

Rev 6
<SUP>9</SUP> When the Lamb broke the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of all who had been martyred for the word of God and for being faithful in their testimony. <SUP id=en-NLT-30764 class=versenum>10</SUP> They shouted to the Lord and said, “O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before you judge the people who belong to this world and avenge our blood for what they have done to us?â€

Are these not Christians asking for vengeance? Doesn't David ask in Psalms for the Lord to destroy our enemies? Doesn't scripture talk about having feasts in the presence one's enemies.

Rev 18
<SUP>18</SUP> They will cry out as they watch the smoke ascend, and they will say, “Where is there another city as great as this?†<SUP id=en-NLT-30974 class=versenum>19</SUP> And they will weep and throw dust on their heads to show their grief. And they will cry out,

“How terrible, how terrible for that great city!
The shipowners became wealthy
by transporting her great wealth on the seas.
In a single moment it is all gone.â€<SUP id=en-NLT-30975 class=versenum>20</SUP> Rejoice over her fate, O heaven
and people of God and apostles and prophets!
For at last God has judged her
for your sakes.

Sounds like a celebration over evil to me.

Blessings,
Dee

i have pondered that verse a few times. i believe it to be a celebration of the lords "final solution" to sin and its full fruition rather then a rejoicing of the damnation of the sinners.

by this i mean we rejoice that he gets the glory over satan and his seed once and for all!

Will Christians not celebrate when the LORD sends his wrath against those who belong to this world. Will not His wrath result in the death of millions.

Rev 6

Are these not Christians asking for vengeance? Doesn't David ask in Psalms for the Lord to destroy our enemies? Doesn't scripture talk about having feasts in the presence one's enemies.

Rev 18

Sounds like a celebration over evil to me.

Blessings,
Dee

Dee,

In another thread I mentioned to you about the three greatest commandments. This thread is an extension of it. As Christians we are to be like Christ and to love others as Christ loves us. A few questions that should get you thinking okay? You do not have to answer them, but I ask them out of brotherly concern. I would like for you to avoid using Revelations since it is prophecy, but look at the historical section instead.

Would Christ celebrate the death of a sinner? The way that this father acted was it in accordance to what Christ did when confronted with sins just as equally bad as this one? Do you celebrate every time that you sin and fail in keeping God's commandments? Do you wish that you would be killed for your sin by another person? Would you celebrate your death if done in this manner? By celebrating this man's death are you showing and adhering to love your neighbor as Christ loves you?

People justify killing him to protect the next victim due to the failure of the courts to take this sort of thing seriously and keep these people locked up forever.

Hey Dark i agree ! Rape a 7 year old girl for 2 years scare her to silence and do 9 months with 3 months off for good behavior yeah your right... very right...

Dee,

In another thread I mentioned to you about the three greatest commandments. This thread is an extension of it. As Christians we are to be like Christ and to love others as Christ loves us. A few questions that should get you thinking okay? You do not have to answer them, but I ask them out of brotherly concern. I would like for you to avoid using Revelations since it is prophecy, but look at the historical section instead.

Would Christ celebrate the death of a sinner? The way that this father acted was it in accordance to what Christ did when confronted with sins just as equally bad as this one? Do you celebrate every time that you sin and fail in keeping God's commandments? Do you wish that you would be killed for your sin by another person? Would you celebrate your death if done in this manner? By celebrating this man's death are you showing and adhering to love your neighbor as Christ loves you?

I get what you are saying but I think you might be missing the sentiment behind some of the remarks of the outraged so to speak on this thread. It isn't about celebrating the death of a sinner...it's about the celebration over evil. Unfortunately evil is going to be represented by someone. But as we know, everyone does not belong to the Lord. So when one of the ones that belong to the devil fall, I don't feel real bad about it.

It this man was to have a change of heart and repent and turn to the Lord, do you suspect that God would have him caught in the act and killed, putting him in a position where he could not ask for repentance? I feel that if he was meant to repent and change he would have...even if it was from prision. Imho, this man died when he was fully consumed by Satan. One less predator to attack God's children. I think Christ would have surely called a spade a spade in this instance.

But I don't think people are celebrating...that's the word that has been used to express the relief that many of us here feel...relief that this man can no longer harm another child.

There are those who are celebrating that he is dead.

You miss my point intirely 'i' think? Every day we make judgements. In this case it was one that needed no jury trial, or one or two witnesses. And if the justified executioner is tried & he himself were executed for murder, instead of this being an justified execution??? (which might be?) Then the point is that his conscience will still be clear. Acts 5:29

--Elijah

PS: And you say... 'There are those who are celebrating that he is dead'. Even that is a judgement call. And surely you can not back that up with being able to read anothers motives.

I get what you are saying but I think you might be missing the sentiment behind some of the remarks of the outraged so to speak on this thread. It isn't about celebrating the death of a sinner...it's about the celebration over evil. Unfortunately evil is going to be represented by someone. But as we know, everyone does not belong to the Lord. So when one of the ones that belong to the devil fall, I don't feel real bad about it.

It this man was to have a change of heart and repent and turn to the Lord, do you suspect that God would have him caught in the act and killed, putting him in a position where he could not ask for repentance? I feel that if he was meant to repent and change he would have...even if it was from prision. Imho, this man died when he was fully consumed by Satan. One less predator to attack God's children. I think Christ would have surely called a spade a spade in this instance.

But I don't think people are celebrating...that's the word that has been used to express the relief that many of us here feel...relief that this man can no longer harm another child.

I understand the sentiment but I disapprove of it. I am a sexual abuse survivor and I know all too well what pedophiles are plus what they are capable of. However, I am able to put aside my personal feelings to be like Christ because that is what God demands of me and of all Christians.

One cannot celebrate the overcoming of evil through death and destruction. That is not what Christ taught. We can celebrate overcoming of evil by using love and being Christ-like. If this pedophile had lived he might have given his life to the Lord and overcome the evil that is in him. Now he does not have that chance. This is what I mean by celebrating the overcoming of evil through love. Now that this pedophile is dead he has no chance of being saved and so we should be saddened by this fact.

I don't rejoice in the death of the molester, I'm neither glad nor angry... I feel that his death is in God's hands.

As for the father, I don't believe in "justifiable homicide"... The police should always investigate cases like this, which they are and are handing all evidence over to the district attorney who will decide if it warrants investigating by a grand jury. If the police, district attorney and grand jury (if it gets that far) are all satisfied that the father acted out of defense of his little girl and the death was caused far more by the molester's actions... then I don't see a reason to take it any further. This is different than the Zimmerman case where there was no clear reason why someone was killed. The man wasn't just suspicious in someone's opinion... he was actively attacking a little girl.

The father certainly acted in defense of his helpless little girl and was justifiably angry. However, in his anger he did kill a man. We none of us can judge his heart that he wasn't out-of-control. God can, and if he did sin in his anger and did intend to kill the man, then God will judge that.

I say, as long as the authorities believe there is no reason to charge the father with anything, leave both the father and the molester in God's hand and He will judge rightly.

I don't rejoice in the death of the molester, I'm neither glad nor angry... I feel that his death is in God's hands.

As for the father, I don't believe in "justifiable homicide"... The police should always investigate cases like this, which they are and are handing all evidence over to the district attorney who will decide if it warrants investigating by a grand jury. If the police, district attorney and grand jury (if it gets that far) are all satisfied that the father acted out of defense of his little girl and the death was caused far more by the molester's actions... then I don't see a reason to take it any further. This is different than the Zimmerman case where there was no clear reason why someone was killed. The man wasn't just suspicious in someone's opinion... he was actively attacking a little girl.

The father certainly acted in defense of his helpless little girl and was justifiably angry. However, in his anger he did kill a man. We none of us can judge his heart that he wasn't out-of-control. God can, and if he did sin in his anger and did intend to kill the man, then God will judge that.

I say, as long as the authorities believe there is no reason to charge the father with anything, leave both the father and the molester in God's hand and He will judge rightly.

I agree wholeheartedly with what you've said. I have no contention with this stance. I just took exception that Christians were celebrating a sinner's death and claiming they were reveling in overcoming evil.

I too am a survivor of sexual abuse and molestation as a young girl. I can say something for the power of being able to actively forgive one's abuser and the healing that brings.

However, living here in Idaho and hearing what my nephew who worked the Joseph Duncan case had to put up with with that monster, I also know that child molester's get very little jail time and go out to molest and do far, far worse to children over and over and over and over.

I really do believe that anyone who is convicted of molesting a child should get a minimum of 25 years in prison... minimum. And, if they are released, they need to be monitored for life and have life long probation.

As for celebrating over evil..... I have a hard time with that if it comes down to a person...

For instance, Hitler's suicide. Frankly, it was just as well that he killed himself. However, should I actively "celebrate" it? I don't think so. I would have celebrated the end of the war, certainly... hanging out on the street corners and kissing the sailors and soldiers that were finally able to come home... yes, that's a good thing to celebrate... celebrate that fighting has stopped or that evil can no longer be perpetrated... yep, that can be celebrated. But a person's suicide? That's best left in God's hands.

It sounds as if the father was anything but "celebrating"... he was extremely remorseful. And, I can understand why. I don't condemn him for what he did... but, I wouldn't "celebrate" it either.

However, I also understand the relief that people feel knowing that there is one less predator out after our kids.

Frankly, this is a very complicated subject... Feelings are going to run wild and everyone will need to bring their own thought's captive. Actions however need to be correct... and I believe that the police, DA, even the father are acting correctly.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back