Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

That Tree of Life

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Classik

What if Adam and the wife had eaten of that Tree of Life in Eden (i.e after they had sinned)?
God had to drive them away. They couldn't eat the fruit of life.

1. What if they had eaten the fruit?
2. What if at least one of them had eaten of it?

edited reba

Last edited by a moderator:
The tree of life would have brought eternal life , Jesus is eternal life, Jesus is the tree of eternal life. Whoever believe in Him has eternal life, whoever eats of His flesh and drinks of His blood has eternal life.

They would look like us, Christians!!!

The tree of life would have brought eternal life , Jesus is eternal life, Jesus is the tree of eternal life. Whoever believe in Him has eternal life, whoever eats of His flesh and drinks of His blood has eternal life.

That is to say, being Christians we are perfect?

That is to say, being Christians we are perfect?

not most so-called on earth since the wolves got in after emissary Paul departed.

a few, yes, a few ---- pray that Yhwh will let you(pl,all/ any reader) see. then choose whom to serve.

What if Adam and the wife had eaten of that Tree of Life in Eden (i.e after they had sinned)?
God had to drive them away. They couldn't eat the fruit of life.

1. What if they had eaten the fruit?
2. What if at least one of them had eaten of it?

This is what would've happened.

Genesis 3
22 Then the Lord God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever”

This is what would've happened.

Genesis 3
22 Then the Lord God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever”
Gary, thank you so much for this amazing reply. However I think it pops up millions of possibilities.

Gary, thank you so much for this amazing reply. However I think it pops up millions of possibilities.

Absolutely.

Imagine what the world would be like today if Adam and everyone born after him were still alive.

Maybe it would still contain all of us or maybe not. An alternative being to travel to one of the other planets.

And Christ would still die for us?

What if???....there is alot of those in this world isn't there?God knew they would eat the forbidden fruit.Then why did He create them?

Last edited:
What if???....there is alot of those in this world isn't there?God knew they would eat the forbidden fruit.Then why did He create them?

i thnk in Scripture (Yhwh's Word), Yhwh might hint at why He created anything and everything and people too, even though He knew ahead of Creating all things that people would be blind and stupid.

I was just thinking about Living for ever. If they had eaten of that Tree of Life...

Does living for ever really mean eternal life, man can't die? Maybe it doesn't mean 'physical living'

I was just thinking about Living for ever. If they had eaten of that Tree of Life...

Does living for ever really mean eternal life, man can't die? Maybe it doesn't mean 'physical living'

Technically we all live forever. We don't cease to exist just because the body dies.

I believe the living forever is referring to our physical bodies.

We live forever? That is to say we would be indestructible, right?

I just keep thinking what would happen if such a person is ripped apart or dismembered by an axe. He will still live? Maybe the dismembered parts will have separate existence or reproduce or regenerate the missing parts?

That is why I keep wondering what is the actual meaning of "live forever".

Maybe it would still contain all of us or maybe not. An alternative being to travel to one of the other planets.

And Christ would still die for us?
We've had astronauts travel to the moon and back, and I believe Jesus died for them also. :shrug

I just keep thinking what would happen if such a person is ripped apart or dismembered by an axe. He will still live? Maybe the dismembered parts will have separate existence or reproduce or regenerate the missing parts?

To live forever is the equivalent of eternal life. Strong's interprets it as "Without beginning and end, that which always has been and always will be." That in effect is God's life which He gives us when we believe on Jesus everlasting from that moment.

Yeah, I was thinking of that too.

But I was also thinking. The consequences of Adam getting his hands on the fruit from the tree of life concerned the Lord so much that He drove Adam from the garden and placed guards around the tree.

Genesis 3
24 So He drove out the man; and He placed cherubim at the east of the garden of Eden, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life.

I don't know.

Maybe He'll clue us in someday.

Back