Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The 40 or more Gifts given to believers?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

gr8grace

Gal 4:1-2~~1 Now I say, as long as the heir is a child, he does not differ at all from a slave although he is owner of everything, 2 but he is under guardians and managers until the date set by the father.

We have 40 or more grace gifts that we receive at the moment we are born again.

But as Paul says in Galatians, if we stay a child and never leave the milk, we are no different then the Slave. We will not know these Gifts that are at our finger tips.

They are problem solving devices, eternal security,indwelling,faith rest,Access to divine power,Justification and the List goes on.

Growing in the Grace and the Knowledge of our Lord takes us to the realization of these Grace gifts and grows us into the heirs that we truly are as believers.

I am curious if any on this Forum have studied these 40 or more Gifts in detail.

I do realize that some are fundamental to the Christian Faith and are attacked by religion and the world. But have you had teachers that have taught these specifically?

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of them seem rather a stretch or just saying the same thing in a different way. Seems a bit flaky and forced to me.

Some of them seem rather a stretch or just saying the same thing in a different way. Seems a bit flaky and forced to me.

Some on the surface seem to be repetitious. but repetition is a great teacher. But there are layers and specific things going on with each Gift.

What did you consider to be a stretch?

What did you consider to be flaky?

What did you consider to be forced?

Hi Deb,

this is the link for the study. http://gracebiblechurchwichita.org/?page_id=1138

If you choose to take a look, it is a very Good site and has MANY doctrines in written form. and if you explore it some it has links to great exegesis, parsing and commentaries.

Thank you for the link. I did read most of this one page. I think if makes the simplicity of the Gospel of Grace much too complicated. However, as a person who was once taught of the mixture of grace and law for salvation I will agree that when we witness to an unbeliever we need to explain things much better than some do. :) We also need to remember that when one is taught a mixture of law and grace for salvation that they believe (in most cases) that the "works" in Eph. 2:9 is referring to righteous deeds. In other words, they believe that they are saved by grace, through faith, not by righteous doings that are of themselves, so they cannot boast in their good deeds, but that it does not include obeying the Law. Thus making it possible to lose salvation.

Thank you for the link. I did read most of this one page. I think if makes the simplicity of the Gospel of Grace much too complicated. However, as a person who was once taught of the mixture of grace and law for salvation I will agree that when we witness to an unbeliever we need to explain things much better than some do. :) We also need to remember that when one is taught a mixture of law and grace for salvation that they believe (in most cases) that the "works" in Eph. 2:9 is referring to righteous deeds. In other words, they believe that they are saved by grace, through faith, not by righteous doings that are of themselves, so they cannot boast in their good deeds, but that it does not include obeying the Law. Thus making it possible to lose salvation.

Hello Deb,

I can see where you are coming from, It is a LOT. I should have told you that we are still studying it and its been 3 years!

In my opinion Deb, it is more of the personal relationship that we have with Him and His Grace, and goes beyond the simplicity of grace for salvation and Into the relational grace that He has For His sons and daughters.(if that makes sense?)

That is why I was wondering If anybody has had experience in studying it.

God bless Deb

Some on the surface seem to be repetitious. but repetition is a great teacher. But there are layers and specific things going on with each Gift.

What did you consider to be a stretch?

What did you consider to be flaky?

What did you consider to be forced?

11. All scar tissue is removed from the soul.
-- depending on what is meant, it isn't the case.

13. We are related to God the Son by Biblical analogy.
-- "biblical analogy"? Is that really how we are related to Christ?

16. Recipients of Eternal Security.
1) The moment we believe in Jesus Christ, we have eternal security.
-- I simply do not believe this to be the case.

17. Guaranteed a Resurrection Body Forever.
-- redundant based on 16.

25. Beneficiaries of Problem Solving Devices
#1 THE REBOUND TECHNIQUE
#3 THE FAITH-REST DRILL
#5 DOCTRINAL ORIENTATION
-- flaky

27. Equal Privilege and Equal Opportunity to receive escrow blessings
There is only one thing in life that makes people equal, and that is what God does for all believers at the moment they believe in Christ.
-- simply not true. All are equal based on being created in the image of God.

28. An Eternal Inheritance
-- goes along with Eternal Security. I simply don't believe that that is automatically the case.

35. Deliverance from the Kingdom of Satan
2) At the moment we believe in Christ, salvation removes us from cosmic involvement.
-- what in the world does that mean? It can actually be untrue, depending on what is meant.

39. Escrow Blessings
--sounds very forced and some of which is closely akin to the false "Prosperity Gospel".

There is probably more I could say but the whole thing seems very forced. Not my kind of thing. People should be very careful in thinking that "The believer should be made aware of these forty things as soon as possible after salvation." Some of it is indoctrination that is not necessarily correct. May as well tell them "such-and-such a denomination is the only correct one."

I do see some of your points. the terminology is specific to a ministry, and needs a repertoire with that ministry to follow. Probably not a great idea on my part to post?

You bring up the ONE thing that dinks with them ALL though. Eternal Security. If one does not believe that sure Gift, all 40 gifts are now in Question and in my opinion cannot be taught to a believer until they believe they are secure in Christ.

I do see some of your points. the terminology is specific to a ministry, and needs a repertoire with that ministry to follow. Probably not a great idea on my part to post?

You bring up the ONE thing that dinks with them ALL though. Eternal Security. If one does not believe that sure Gift, all 40 gifts are now in Question and in my opinion cannot be taught to a believer until they believe they are secure in Christ.
There certainly would be no need to question all 40 gifts.

Hello Deb,

I can see where you are coming from, It is a LOT. I should have told you that we are still studying it and its been 3 years!

In my opinion Deb, it is more of the personal relationship that we have with Him and His Grace, and goes beyond the simplicity of grace for salvation and Into the relational grace that He has For His sons and daughters.(if that makes sense?)

That is why I was wondering If anybody has had experience in studying it.

God bless Deb

I did see a lot of what you are saying. It teaches in great detail, which is not a bad thing at all and it backs up everything with scripture. I thought I'd take one or two at a time. But you have started something now so I may be asking questions of you. :)

I did see a lot of what you are saying. It teaches in great detail, which is not a bad thing at all and it backs up everything with scripture. I thought I'd take one or two at a time. But you have started something now so I may be asking questions of you. :)

Any questions would be welcome. And if I cannot answer, I will just tell ya.(that I dont know!)

There certainly would be no need to question all 40 gifts.

So you agree there ARE 40? Scripture is presented to back up all of them. And I see no scripture to back up the denial. A denial is just a denial. A denial does not refute a lie and a denial does not refute the truth.

So you agree there ARE 40? Scripture is presented to back up all of them. And I see no scripture to back up the denial. A denial is just a denial. A denial does not refute a lie and a denial does not refute the truth.
No, I do not agree that there are 40. I think that someone forced 40 as it is somewhat of a significant biblical number, as though that would lend support for their view and perhaps make it look more legitimate. As per the context of my answer, I'm simply saying that denying OSAS/Eternal Security in no way means that all the rest are in question. Some simply are in question regardless but that's beside the point.

I looked at some more on your link. First who is the author? I can't find out anything about him online. What Bible churches he has established or is this just classes online? But I'd really want some idea who this person is. He's done alot of work putting this together.

If you read those Scripture passages in context I think you'll see that they may not give the support you believe they do.

I looked at some more on your link. First who is the author? I can't find out anything about him online. What Bible churches he has established or is this just classes online? But I'd really want some idea who this person is. He's done alot of work putting this together.

Hi Deb,

It is a collective of many ministries, and it is not new stuff. the page that Thisnumbersdis put up is a site i have never heard of.

*** Joe Sugrue *** Streaming Audio Bible Classes
*** Ron Snider *** Streaming Audio Bible Classes
*** John Farley *** Streaming Audio Bible Classes
*** Robert McLaughlin *** Streaming Audio Bible Classes
*** Don Hargrove *** Streaming Audio Bible Classes
*** Bill Wenstrom *** Streaming Audio Bible Classes
*** Bob Bolender *** Streaming Audio Bible Classes
*** Ed Collins *** Streaming Audio Bible Classes
*** Gene Cunningham *** Streaming Audio Bible Classes
*** Joe Griffin *** Streaming Audio Bible Classes
*** Mike Lemmon *** Streaming Audio Bible Classes
*** Ron Adema *** Streaming Audio Bible Classes
*** Rory Clark *** Streaming Audio Bible Classes
*** Robbie Dean *** Streaming Audio Bible Classes

Robert McLaughlin, Joe Sugrue,Rory Clark Are the Men that I am very familiar with.

Hi Deborah13,

Just be careful as many people take passages of Scripture out of context to make their point.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back