Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The 7th-Day Sabbath?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Re: What is your belief about the 7th. Day Sabbath?

Who is right but a immortal God, who spoke His Word and fulfilled His Word on the Cross.

Col 2:6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
13 ¶ And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Do you not know where these handwriting of ORDINANCES came from??? (from God until...) Read Deuteronomy 31:9-10 & then verses 24-26 friend. Note that Moses penned THIS law, & that it was carried about in the SIDE (beside) the contents of the Ark of God. These are the laws that were finished when Gal. 3:19 came. Galatians 3:19 says...

[19] Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

--Elijah
Ga 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.
16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
19 ¶ Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.
20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.
21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

I am not sure of the point you are attempting to make? The clear reading of these scriptures in their context, are without challenge. We who have come to Christ are justified with Abraham, by promise apart from the law of Moses and the only purpose of the law, was to bring man to Christ.
There is only ONE SEED and that is Christ Jesus.

If you check this out??? There TWO laws. One that Moses [wrote in a book] (this was done as God directed) and it was these laws that are seen as finished in Gal. 3:19. These were separated as to where they were kept. Inside of the Ark of God are the Eternal Table of ten. (if one is broken, ALL of then are broken James 2:8-12)

And the others were finished when Christ died. You remember that the dividing 'Vail' was rent from top to bottom by an unseen hand?? It was because all of the first were shadows of Christ to come.

A COMPLETE division! One beside (not inside) & the Eternal Covenant inside the Ark of Gods.

--Elijah

PS: And it is the 7th Day Sabbath which IS the forth of the Table of stone ten which satan tries to destroy. (again reread Matt. 24:35-40 for our WHOLE duty, with the forth being of the Highest DUTY!)

Anywho, would rather not get into intense debate.

Good, because this is the GENERAL TALK forum. If this thread turns into that direction Moderator Action will be considered. No threat implied there. Just saying that I've already thought about "Splitting" certain posts out of this and into Apologetics and Theology.

Doesn't matter to me and I won't put a "stop" to the conversation, but will redirect if need be. Checking back later... gots ta go now. Dentist is calling. *smile*

Moderator: marks place for return; Flags for potential action(s). No warning given, no problem noticed. Only FLOW is being considered. Note to self: Continue thought and seek to distinguish "thoughts and beliefs" from "teachings and doctrines".

Last edited by a moderator:

Where did Sunday worship and Sabbath worship begin, anyway? And does it make any
difference in God’s sight what day we keep, if any?

[MENTION=94557]WalterandDebbie[/MENTION], May I ask why you have started this thread? It appears to me that you have not participate in the thread other than to ask some of the same questions over again. Do you have any thoughts on this matter that you care to share with us? :)

After reading the above statement i may add that we have chosen to pertain to each question until they are answered to their context, but i also say that if you would try to have a little more patience it would be better that it might not appear the way that you have said.

Where did Sunday worship and Sabbath worship begin, anyway? And does it make any

@WalterandDebbie , May I ask why you have started this thread? It appears to me that you have not participate in the thread other than to ask some of the same questions over again. Do you have any thoughts on this matter that you care to share with us? :)

After reading the above statement i may add that we have chosen to pertain to each question until they are answered to their context, but i also say that if you would try to have a little more patience it would be better that it might not appear the way that you have said.

I agree with Deborah.

It seems as though you are using this forum for research.

I don't see a problem with that but you should reveal your motives when asked.

@WalterandDebbie , May I ask why you have started this thread? It appears to me that you have not participate in the thread other than to ask some of the same questions over again. Do you have any thoughts on this matter that you care to share with us? :)

I agree with Deborah.

It seems as though you are using this forum for research.

I don't see a problem with that but you should reveal your motives when asked.

What's going on, here? Why all the double-talk and confusion over words? The apostle Paul warns us:

"If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an UNHEALTHY INTEREST IN CONTROVERSIES AND QUARRELS ABOUT WORDS that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions and constant friction between men of corrupt minds, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain" (I Tim. 6:3-5).

What It Really Means To Be "Born Again"!

"'Born Again NOW' a False Teaching

"Because Jesus made the new birth the essential to entering the kingdom of God, SATAN has his churches and his ministers preaching COUNTERFEIT 'new births' to deceive the people, and to make the true way appear false (II Cor. 11:14,15).

"Some make it a little more involved by working up an emotional ecstasy which is interpreted to mean 'regeneration,' 'sanctification,' 'baptism of the Holy Ghost,' and a 'new birth'!

These statements have been taken from an article, but they are clear to us as said in the holy scriptures.

Who is right but a immortal God, who spoke His Word and fulfilled His Word on the Cross.

Col 2:6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
13 ¶ And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Do you not know where these handwriting of ORDINANCES came from??? (from God until...) Read Deuteronomy 31:9-10 & then verses 24-26 friend. Note that Moses penned THIS law, & that it was carried about in the SIDE (beside) the contents of the Ark of God. These are the laws that were finished when Gal. 3:19 came. Galatians 3:19 says...

[19] Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

--Elijah
Ga 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.
16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
19 ¶ Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.
20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.
21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

I am not sure of the point you are attempting to make? The clear reading of these scriptures in their context, are without challenge. We who have come to Christ are justified with Abraham, by promise apart from the law of Moses and the only purpose of the law, was to bring man to Christ.
There is only ONE SEED and that is Christ Jesus.

If you check this out??? There TWO laws. One that Moses [wrote in a book] (this was done as God directed) and it was these laws that are seen as finished in Gal. 3:19. These were separated as to where they were kept. Inside of the Ark of God are the Eternal Table of ten. (if one is broken, ALL of then are broken James 2:8-12)

And the others were finished when Christ died. You remember that the dividing 'Vail' was rent from top to bottom by an unseen hand?? It was because all of the first were shadows of Christ to come.

A COMPLETE division! One beside (not inside) & the Eternal Covenant inside the Ark of Gods.

--Elijah

PS: And it is the 7th Day Sabbath which IS the forth of the Table of stone ten which satan tries to destroy. (again reread Matt. 24:35-40 for our WHOLE duty, with the forth being of the Highest DUTY!)
I would be glad to respond, but I just dont know how to appart from biblical text? I think the Moderator has made it clear that this is not a forum that one can debate the truth of scripture as one would in one of the other forum settings.

"Because Jesus made the new birth the essential to entering the kingdom of God,SATAN has his churches and his ministers preaching COUNTERFEIT 'new births' to deceive the people, and to make the true way appear false (II Cor. 11:14,15).

Yes, one must be born again. The Gospel speaks to the heart.

I don't believe satan has Christian churches. In the church there are people in all stages of growth including the ministers and it would appear that some were not called or they have lost their first love. We need to pray for them, lift them up.

Why would it surprise anyone that satan can be found working in the church, the church is where he can find food. Dried up bones are not very tasty.
The world does just fine in the area of corruption, it's been passed down for ages. But the church, that's where he can do the most damage if it is allowed.
If he can beguile and deceive in the church and spoil the church's witness in a world consumed by darkness.....where is the Light?

Jesus said when we give a cup of water to a thirsty man, we have given to Him. What was this water we were to give? Where does it come from?

Jesus and the disciples gleaned on the Sabbath and Jesus healed on the Sabbath. Both were against the law of the Sabbath. Well, what did Jesus say about that? Which was more important? Just my interpretation of what he was saying.

Words....Words created the universe and all that is in it. Words contain life and death. Let words be carefully chosen to give life not death. With the mouth one can choose to confess the Lord and His works.

Open the eyes of my heart, Lord.
Open the eyes of my heart.
I want to see you, I want to see you.

To see You high and lifted up
Shining in the light of Your glory
Lord pour out Your power and love
As we sing,
Holy, Holy, Holy
You are Holy

Michael W. Smith

You said;
"Hi!
God has said that He never changes! Mal. 3:6
And God Christ say's the same thing! ETERNALLY! Heb. 13:8

And what do we see?? A LIAR from the start saying... 'O yes he does!' Gen. 3:4

It seems like everyone but me understood this. I'll go ahead and ask, "What does this mean; it has left me scratching my head. Is it code? Is it a cypher? Is it abstract poetry? The are scriptures cited so there is truth. Maybe I am looking for meaning or relevance. I hope it is something simple."

--Elijah

"'Born Again NOW' a False Teaching
"23 for you have been born again not of seed which is perishable but imperishable" (1 Peter 1:23 NIV)

"18 He chose to give us birth through the word of truth..." (James 1:18 NIV)

"17 Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come." (2 Corinthians 5:17 NASB)

What is your belief about the 7th. Day Sabbath? Isaiah 56:1-8.:)

the sabbath in the Bible is the time during which God is in a state of somnolence/drowse, because He has fallen into a state of millennial somnolence/drowse from the seventh day on, that is why there is a Commandment for sanctification, because He must be awoken which can be done only by "prayer"(i.e. intercession) and "fasting"(i.e. concern) before Him for the perishing/perished people - and all process of (spiritual) ministry in the true God and Jesus as a whole is called "sanctification", so the spiritual servants/workers must sanctify the creature/creation while He (still) snoozes

Genesis 2:2-3 "And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested(i.e. and He fell into a state of millennial somnolence/drowse) on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested(i.e. because in it He has fallen into a state of millennial somnolence/drowse) from all his work which God created and made.",

Revelation 17:10 "there are seven kings(i.e. seven times): five are fallen(i.e. reckoned from the seventh day on 5 millennia will pass), and one is(i.e. and the end of God's somnolence/drowse will occur in the 6th millennium), and the other is not yet come(i.e. and the time during which the "darkness" will continue to reign (before God to wake fully up) in the sixth millennium will occur at last); and when he cometh, he must continue a short space(i.e. but it will continue a very short time).",

Exodus 20:8-11 "Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy(i.e. always bear in mind the precarious situation while God the Father (still) is in state of millennial somnolence in order to keep His creature/creation Holy). Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work(i.e. in principle you are absolutely free to do everything whereby you do not cause (a) hurt/harm to any human): But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God(i.e. but while God the Father still snoozes): in it thou shalt not do any work(i.e. do not omit to keep/restore the: Peace, Purity, Sanctity, Good, Virtue, Benediction, and Welfare of all humans, which things God from the beginning laid to be for all of them), thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle(i.e. nor in your work(-s)), nor thy stranger that is within thy gates(i.e. that are in the faith): For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day(i.e. and has fallen into a state of millennial somnolence/drowse from the seventh day on): wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day(viz. the time during which He will be in somnolence), and hallowed it(viz. with a view the spiritual servants to sanctify the Creature/Creation while He snoozes)."

and here's the same Commandment in the books of the New Testament:

1 Timothy 2:1-10 "I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks(i.e. blessings), be made for all men(i.e. for all humans); For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty(i.e. in all goodness and earnestness). For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men(i.e. all humans/souls) to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth(i.e. and to become good/righteous). For there is one God, and one mediator(also: and one Lord) between God and men, the man(i.e. the ensouled being) Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time. Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not; ) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity. I will therefore that men(i.e. that the male believers) pray every where, lifting up holy hands(i.e. entirely showing/manifesting love/goodness), without wrath(i.e. without hostility/aggression) and doubting(i.e. and dramatization/stir/intrigues/strife). In like manner also, that women(i.e. that female believers) adorn themselves in modest apparel(i.e. in humility), with shamefacedness(i.e. with meekness) and sobriety(i.e. and sedation/sanity); not with broided hair(i.e. not with pride), or gold(i.e. or vainglory), or pearls(i.e. or wisdom), or costly array(i.e. or elevation); But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.",

1 Timothy 4:1-11 "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith(i.e. some may deviate from the right faith toward wrong), giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines(i.e. creeds) of devils; Speaking(i.e. preaching/testifying/prophesying) lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron(i.e. with strong satanic spirituality); Forbidding to marry(i.e. disconcerting and forbidding the sex life), and commanding to abstain from meats(i.e. from natural consumptions), which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving(i.e. which the true God has made/given to be used for good purposes) of them which believe and know the truth(i.e. of those who believe right(-ly) as well as of those who do not do spiritual/religious iniquity). For every creature(i.e. for each creation) of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving(i.e. if it is used for good purposes): For it is sanctified by the word of God(i.e. of the God's work) and prayer(i.e. and by the prayers of (the) true Saints). If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith(i.e. of right faith) and of good doctrine(i.e. and of the good creed), whereunto thou hast attained. But refuse profane and old wives' fables(i.e. but avoid the traditions of defiling and misleading creeds), and exercise thyself rather unto godliness(or: unto love/goodness). For bodily(or: for overweening/self-interested) exercise profiteth little: but godliness(or: love/goodness) is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come. This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe(i.e. that do not commit spiritual/religious iniquity). These things command and teach."

Blessings

The 7th. Day Sabbath?

I think the Moderator has made it clear that this is not a forum that one can debate the truth of scripture as one would in one of the other forum settings.

Thank you for your patience with my "internal debate". But of course you're free to speak, as trying to gag somebody was not my intent at all. I do appreciate the desire to be "slow to speak" and consider it evidence of wisdom. Having said that though, it's clear to me that this thread should rightly reside in the Apologetics and Theology forum.

Moving to A&T now... Do remember to keep all comments addressed to-the-subject under discussion and not "to the man" --fancy talk to say, "No Trolling, please".

I'll signal the Assigned Moderators ( [MENTION=47381]reba[/MENTION] [MENTION=45432]WIP[/MENTION] [MENTION=22286]Danus[/MENTION] ) of the thread arrival.

~Sparrow

JCitoL said:
the sabbath in the Bible is the time during which God is in a state of somnolence/drowse, because He has fallen into a state of millennial somnolence/drowse from the seventh day on, that is why there is a Commandment for sanctification, because He must be awaken which can be done only by "prayer"(i.e. intercession) and "fasting"(i.e. concern) before Him for the perishing/perished people - and all process of (spiritual) ministry in the true God and Jesus as a whole is called "sanctification", so the spiritual servants/workers must sanctify the creature/creation while He (still) snoozes

Genesis 2:2-3 "And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested(i.e. and He fell into a state of millennial somnolence/drowse) on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested(i.e. because in it He has fallen into a state of millennial somnolence/drowse) from all his work which God created and made.",

Revelation 17:10 "there are seven kings(i.e. seven times): five are fallen(i.e. reckoned from the seventh day on 5 millennia will pass), and one is(i.e. and the end of God's somnolence/drowse will occur in the 6th millennium), and the other is not yet come(i.e. and the time during which the "darkness" will continue to reign (before God to wake fully up) in the sixth millennium will occur at last); and when he cometh, he must continue a short space(i.e. but it will continue a very short time).",

Exodus 20:8-11 "Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy(i.e. always bear in mind the precarious situation while God the Father (still) is in state of millennial somnolence in order to keep His creature/creation Holy). Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work(i.e. in principle you are absolutely free to do everything whereby you do not cause (a) hurt/harm to any human): But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God(i.e. but while God the Father still snoozes): in it thou shalt not do any work(i.e. do not omit to keep/restore the: Peace, Purity, Sanctity, Good, Virtue, Benediction, and Welfare of all humans, which things God from the beginning laid to be for all of them), thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle(i.e. nor in your work(-s)), nor thy stranger that is within thy gates(i.e. that are in the faith): For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day(i.e. and has fallen into a state of millennial somnolence/drowse from the seventh day on): wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day(viz. the time during which He will be in somnolence), and hallowed it(viz. with a view the spiritual servants to sanctify the Creature/Creation while He snoozes)."

Wow. That is about the most detailed explanation I've seen in quite awhile.

It's actually pretty interesting. Having spent a little time on the Sabbath matters with various camps the above is very similar to a Christian/Kabbalistic mystic blend that carries the general connotation that the Sabbath as it pertains to GODS RESTING is, for all intents and purposes, 'The GOD WHO LOST HIMSELF' on that 'Day.'

I find such depictions, shall we say, interesting, primarily because the handlers have put some thought to the matters. Not that I would accept that other than as it may particular apply to this dimension of creation or some other possibility, that God is tied up doing something else in some other arena. Maybe visiting with His Eternal Buddies somewhere in the great undefined? ;)

and here's the same Commandment in the books of the New Testament:

1 Timothy 2:1-10 "I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks(i.e. blessings), be made for all men(i.e. for all humans); For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty(i.e. in all goodness and earnestness). For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men(i.e. all humans/souls) to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth(i.e. and to become good/righteous). For there is one God, and one mediator(also: and one Lord) between God and men, the man(i.e. the ensouled being) Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time. Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not; ) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity. I will therefore that men(i.e. that the male believers) pray every where, lifting up holy hands(i.e. entirely showing/manifesting love/goodness), without wrath(i.e. without hostility/aggression) and doubting(i.e. and dramatization/stir/intrigues/strife). In like manner also, that women(i.e. that female believers) adorn themselves in modest apparel(i.e. in humility), with shamefacedness(i.e. with meekness) and sobriety(i.e. and sedation/sanity); not with broided hair(i.e. not with pride), or gold(i.e. or vainglory), or pearls(i.e. or wisdom), or costly array(i.e. or elevation); But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.",

1 Timothy 4:1-11 "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith(i.e. some may deviate from the right faith toward wrong), giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines(i.e. creeds) of devils; Speaking(i.e. preaching/testifying/prophesying) lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron(i.e. with strong satanic spirituality); Forbidding to marry(i.e. disconcerting and forbidding the sex life), and commanding to abstain from meats(i.e. from natural consumptions), which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving(i.e. which the true God has made/given to be used for good purposes) of them which believe and know the truth(i.e. of those who believe right(-ly) as well as of those who do not do spiritual/religious iniquity). For every creature(i.e. for each creation) of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving(i.e. if it is used for good purposes): For it is sanctified by the word of God(i.e. of the God's work) and prayer(i.e. and by the prayers of (the) true Saints). If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith(i.e. of right faith) and of good doctrine(i.e. and of the good creed), whereunto thou hast attained. But refuse profane and old wives' fables(i.e. but avoid the traditions of defiling and misleading creeds), and exercise thyself rather unto godliness(or: unto love/goodness). For bodily(or: for overweening/self-interested) exercise profiteth little: but godliness(or: love/goodness) is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come. This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe(i.e. that do not commit spiritual/religious iniquity). These things command and teach."

Blessings

Meaning 'perpetual Sabbath' above or what? Not clear on how you are trying to tie those matters together to the ones prior.

s

the sabbath in the Bible is the time during which God is in a state of somnolence/drowse, because He has fallen into a state of millennial somnolence/drowse from the seventh day on, that is why there is a Commandment for sanctification, because He must be awaken which can be done only by "prayer"(i.e. intercession) and "fasting"(i.e. concern) before Him for the perishing/perished people - and all process of (spiritual) ministry in the true God and Jesus as a whole is called "sanctification", so the spiritual servants/workers must sanctify the creature/creation while He (still) snoozes
Wow, that's one long sentence. I need an 8th Day's rest, and a long breath, after that:)

Who "awakened" God to send Jesus while he was "snoozing"?

I liken this conversation to those on Mars Hill who Paul encountered - it's really just a bunch of babbling.

I will add my thoughts however ...

You say you are Christian, you say you love the Lord, you say you are free, you say you are under grace, and yet ...

You will not cheat on your wife or husband, you will not steal from you next door neighbor, you will not murder your boss at work, you will not curse God and forsake him, you will not disrespect your parents and you wont lie to the IRS, and you do these things because it is the good Christian thing to do. You live your lives like this as best as you can from day to day while you are serving the Lord Jesus Christ.

All the while, as you do these things, you keep the Commandments. So long as you behave this way, you keep the commandments. In order to not keep the commandments, you must break them, which means you must do the opposite of what I wrote. You must murder, you must steal, you must commit adultery, you must lie, you must curse God and your parents, in order to not be under the Commandments.

Which one is it? Are you abiding by the commandments or not?

How can you get away with having such a forked tongue?

This isn't rocket science or some real heavy and deep allegorical, metaphorical stuff. This is simple 1 plus 1 is 2.

You either do not live by the commandments or you do.

You either love your wife or you don't. You either love your mother or you don't. You either live honest or you don't. How is it that you can do both?

You either Love God or you don't.

Same thought process, you either abide by the commandments or you don't.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with salvation. Salvation comes from the shed blood of Jesus Christ period.

Commandments apply to behavior. It is how you behave specifically towards God and Man.

Please stop mixing moral behavior with salvation.

The Sabbath is a part of the commandments, not salvation.

If God told me. Joe, if you will not tell a Lie from here till the day you die, you will go to Heaven. Well guess what yall, I'm going to Hell. Because I know I will not be able to do it. I'm 45! What if I had another 40 years to go? You better believe I will tell at least one lie between here to there. And yet, I will strive everyday to let this mind be in me which was also in Christ Jesus.

Do any of you believe that Jesus was a liar? And so if I have the mind of Christ, which can only come through obedience to the Holy Spirit dwelling in me, then I will be able to avoid a lie. Nevertheless I may fall still. Just one wrong move is all it takes. Yet, I will get back up and do it again!

But what is it that the Holy Spirit is doing in me? Is it not helping me to not tell another Lie? So then, is not the Holy Spirit helping me to not break God's Law?

So then with the mind I serve the Law of God, and with flesh I serve the Law of Sin and Death.

So then how is it that so many of you can understand this and yet when it comes to that one commandment, that one which speaks of God's rest, you do not receive it? How is it that you create so many caveats, so many myriad allegorical, metaphysical, metaphorical reasons why you resist what is so easily explained?

Ezekiel 20:12
Also I gave them My sabbaths to be a sign between Me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD who sanctifies them.

Ezekiel comes into the scene long after Moses my friends. And Israel was not all loins of Jacob my friends. The Word of God says that many other people came out of Egypt also with them. This sign was given to all of them.

Someone had asked me on another thread - how do I observe the Sabbath?

My answer to that question comes in the form of a question - How do you commit adultery in your Heart?

Heb 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
11 ¶ Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Here is the fulfillment of the commandment.

Ro 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
(KJV)

2Co 3:6 ¶ Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

Heb 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
11 ¶ Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Ro 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
(KJV)

2Co 3:6 ¶ Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

George I see you quoting this a lot. But again I say, behavior.

Commandments deal with behavior, which works from the inside out. Hence why Jesus said, "But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart." (Mathew 5:28) Hence why James said this, "But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death" (James 1:14).

So you see James is able to very eloquently expand on what his Master has taught. That the reality of a thing begins in the Heart and then manifests itself in the Flesh.

This rule applies vice versa as well. Hence the Faith without works is dead teaching.

So yes we enter into his Rest, but we must show it as well. And not only that George but I really feel you have not made a good enough point to counter my previous post, unless George, you agree that you willfully and continuously break the commandments - thereby qualifying you as not being under them.

(KJV)

George I see you quoting this a lot. But again I say, behavior.

Commandments deal with behavior, which works from the inside out. Hence why Jesus said, "But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart." (Mathew 5:28) Hence why James said this, "But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death" (James 1:14).

So you see James is able to very eloquently expand on what his Master has taught. That the reality of a thing begins in the Heart and then manifests itself in the Flesh.

This rule applies vice versa as well. Hence the Faith without works is dead teaching.

So yes we enter into his Rest, but we must show it as well. And not only that George but I really feel you have not made a good enough point to counter my previous post, unless George, you agree that you willfully and continuously break the commandments - thereby qualifying you as not being under them.

(KJV)

Well I will let the scriptures speak for themself, I think most Christians can understand the point of these scriptures?

Ro 6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Its called the New Testament.

Well I will let the scriptures speak for themself, I think most
Christians can understand the point of these scriptures?

George - those scriptures do not contradict with anything that I have said in my post? They agree with all that I have said.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back