Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The All New "Great Quotes" Thread!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
"We were like pit bulls, ready to get out of the cage."

DeSean Jackson, describing how Michael Vick, who has served prison time for running a dogfighting operation, steered his team's anger into motivation for a great game.

I love quotes. I keep a list of them in a document and add new ones to the list whenever I think of it.

Survival is fifty percent attitude, twenty percent perspective, and thirty percent mind-set - a wise man

There is nothing worse than being ordinary - Unknown

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything - Aparajito Sen

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new - Einstein

If you've never done anything worth getting spanked for, you haven't lived - Ron Snell

If one returns and stands again upon the same ground, is it he who stands there or a stranger? - Louis L'Amour in The Walking Drum

He is a fool who will descend into a well on another man's rope - Unknown

Sleep is for the weak - Veronica Smith

When in doubt, look intelligent - Garrison Keillor

He is no fool who gives what he can not keep to gain what he can not lose - Jim Elliot

Those who fail to remember the past don't get good grades in history - Chuck Burley

New places always make you look at life differently - Harrison Beckworth-McCoy

If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world - C. S. Lewis

Only a fool is sure of anything; a wise man keeps on guessing - MacGyver

Always do what you are afraid to do - Ralph Waldo Emerson

We are not retreating; we are advancing in another direction - General Douglas McArthur

Tough times don't last; tough people do - Selena Gomez

Life is not about finding Mr. Right; it's about becoming Mrs. Right - Danny Butters

To have a right to do something is not at all the same thing as being right in doing it - G. K. Chesterton

The ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic was built by professionals - Mark Lowry

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life - Winston Churchill

Have an open mind, but no so open that your brain falls out - Unknown

Failure isn't falling down, it's staying down - Renee Yohe

Whenever you are frustrated with life, start writing - C. S. Lewis

If you're going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Walk away from the situation before you're enemies and you'll remain friends - my dad

Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword never encountered automatic weapons - General McArthur

If the enemy is in range, so are you

Tact is what a person has when he won't change his mind but can change the subject

I think I'll try defying gravity and you won't bring me down - Defying Gravity (song)

T-Bag for president - Jake

Never confuse motion with action - Ernest Hemingway

The only real training for leadership is leadership - Anthony Jay

Never ignore a gut feeling, but never believe that it's enough - Robert Heller

If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, you're right - Mary Kay Ash

Now, gentlemen, let us do something today which the world may talk of hereafter - Cuthbert Collingwood

Whatever you are, be a good one - Abraham Lincoln

The busier you are, the easier it is - NaNoWriMo maxim (I swear by this)

If the world says you are not good enough, get a second opinion - Nick Vuijicic

It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all - in which case, you fail by default - J.K. Rowling

The five most powerful things in the universe: magnetism, gravity, nuclear reaction, electricity, and duct tape

There isn't a problem on the earth that can't be solved with either duct tape or twelve sticks of dynamite

It is amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do - Garfield

It's (music) about heart, it's about feelings, moving people, and something beautiful, and it's not about notes on a page. I can teach you notes on a page, I can't teach you that other stuff - Glenn Holland

Don't lose track of who you are just because it might be easier to be somebody else - Mr. Schuester

Who cares what happens when we get there when the getting there has been so much fun - Mr. Schuester

"If they packed your brains inside of a mustard seed, they'd rattle like beans in a boxcar."

Doc Adams, from Gunsmoke

"You can lead a horse to water, but before you do, you better stop and think about what a wet horse smells like."

Grandpaw Hawg Haggen, from Gunsmoke

David and Sarah are names straight out of the Bible. The Jews don't have anything to do with it.

Archie Bunker

"Don't let her sweetness fool you. She works for Al Qaeda."

The orphanage director, introducing me to a four-year-old who has him wrapped around her little finger.

From All in the Family

Mike Stivic: "You know, you are totally incomprehensible."
Archie Bunker: "Maybe so, but I make a lot of sense."

From All in the Family

Archie Bunker: " All over the world they celebrate the birth of that baby, and everybody gets time off from work. Now if that ain't proof that he's the Son of God, then nothing is."

From All in the Family

Archie Bunker: Don't go blaming nothing on God that youse women brung on yourselves.
Gloria Stivic: What?
Archie Bunker: Yes, that's right. You don't believe me, read your Bible. Read the story about Adam and Eve there. Adam and Eve, they had it pretty soft out in paradise. They had no problems, they didn't even know they was naked. But Eve, she wasn't satisfied with all that, see? And one day against a direct order, she made poor Adam eat that apple. God got sore. He told them, "Get your clothes on and get the hell out of here".

Which is a better quote?

"They were in Los Angeles on account of they lived in California." Edith Bunker

"You're breaking about eighteen laws; maybe even a dozen." Archie Bunker

Which is a better quote?

"They were in Los Angeles on account of they lived in California." Edith Bunker

"You're breaking about eighteen laws; maybe even a dozen." Archie Bunker

I can't choose. I am an All in the Family fanatic. I love just about everything that comes out ouf Archie's mouth...even the way harsh stuff that I should find offensive but don't. Remember the sock and a sock and a shoe and a shoe routine?

(Archie traced Edith's signature) Edith: that's forgery! Archie: No, that's tracery!

Dee

Mike: "There's something rotten in the state of Denmark."
Archie: "That shows how much you know. Denmark isn't a state. It's the capital of Colorado."

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back