Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The arguement that women are not called to be pastors!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Classik

so what exactly prevents a Holy Ghost filled woman from mounting the stage and preaching to a congregation, or what is really wrong with a woman being a pastor?

if women should't be allowed to become pastors and lead everyone, then they also shouldnt be allowed to become presidents and governors of countries etc...because whatever position a woman of God holds in the church or office...she also represents Christianity and serves God too

so what exactly prevents a Holy Ghost filled woman from mounting the stage and preaching to a congregation, or what is really wrong with a woman being a pastor?

if women should't be allowed to become pastors and lead everyone, then they also shouldnt be allowed to become presidents and governors of countries etc...because whatever position a woman of God holds in the church or office...she also represents Christianity and serves God too

The Methodist Church has women pastors, even women bishops.

Paul is very specific about women in leadership in the church.

Sure, there are roles women may fill within the church, but it is unbiblical for a woman to be in a place of authority over men.

The reason we have gotten away from this doctrine in many denominations is that the men who should be called are not answering, therefore, women feel compelled to fill in the gaps. So, ultimately it is because of the sin of the men in a congregation that women find themselves filling roles that were meant for men.

My cousin is a female youth minister in a Baptist church. Not the same as pastor, but still there are not many Baptist churches accepting female youth ministers that I know of.

Hmmmmm
Judges 4:4
And Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, she judged Israel at that time.

Acts 2:17
And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of My Spirit upon all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy.

Acts 21:9
And the same man had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy.

1Cor.11:5
But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head.

The whole chapter of Romans 16:

2Kings 22:14
Went to Huldah the prophetess.

Its guaranteed that any time we hear a shalt not or a suffer not..

Genesis 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

I Timothy 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Your going to hear this immediately or shortly thereafter..

Genesis 3:Yea, hath God said

tob

so what exactly prevents a Holy Ghost filled woman from mounting the stage and preaching to a congregation...
Nothing.
It's the position of leadership that she is prevented from having.

...or what is really wrong with a woman being a pastor?
A pastor is a leader. The order of headship is outlined here:

"3 But I want you to understand that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of a woman, and God is the head of Christ." (1 Corinthians 11:3 NASB)

By the nature of things, men are to be over women in matters of leadership. We all know how unfitting it is to see a woman barking commands while grown men scramble in obedient fear to her. That's the castration complex that turns strong men into wimpy, effeminate followers. It's a horrible sight. Even women who insist on being in control think less of the man who has submitted to such a humbling. They lose all respect for him.

"4 No one serving as a soldier gets involved in civilian affairs..." (2 Timothy 2:4 NASB)

The point being, don't get involved in the affairs of the world. The world can do what it wants.....and will.

I remember a discussion similar to this- therefore, I will repeat my response:
"In the book of Judges, there was one female Judge named Deborah. God sometimes uses women as well. We are not counted out. I believe that it is because God sending in a woman to do a man's job is a strong rebuke to men in times when few men stand up for what is right and righteous. However, when the world is once again filled with righteous men, it is our duty as ladies to support them."

In any successful system there is always a chain of command. God has ordained that the chain of command be Men then Women. This does not mean women are inferior- God could have just as easily made Women the first in command- but He did this because He knows which gender typically is best suited for their roles. (Men shoot the guns, women pass them the ammunition.) However, like in any chain of command, if the leadership is unable to fulfill their duties, it is up to the second in command to take charge. And as I said, it should be seen as a shameful thing for men- that they have abandoned their roles as leaders and now leave it up to the women to pick up the pieces.
As a woman, it is not only my duty to encourage the men in my life to be the leaders God intended them to be, but also stand up and fight when they can't. Finally, when men once again get their heads screwed on straight, it is the duty of a woman to help them keep it that way!

There I am, screwing my head on straight. :woot3

SCREWHEAD-3.jpg

I think men are naturally inclined more towards leadership and such. I mean, I think a lot of the rules in the NT that govern gender relations--women in the church, the roles of women and men in marriage, etc.--are really just there to protect women from abuse in a patriarchy. Plus...and I'm just learning to accept this..."God said so."

I used to be big on female pastors, because I didn't see the big deal, but...then I read some Barna Group and other studies that showed that female pastors tend to be even less likely than male pastors (in more liberal denominations) to hold a Biblical worldview. That's disturbing.

Its really not my job to critique The Bible or "re-envision" or "re-create" Christ...I think its just my job to learn what the text is saying and apply it as best I can, with The Holy Spirit's help. To that end...even though if *I* were running the world, we'd all be perfectly equal, shiny happy people, like a Christian Commune or something...I don't run the world, lol. For whatever reason, God created us male and female, and there are some definite differences between men and women, so I think its better to work with those differences--and God's outlines--than to work against them.

Nothing.
It's the position of leadership that she is prevented from having.

A pastor is a leader. The order of headship is outlined here:

"3 But I want you to understand that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of a woman, and God is the head of Christ." (1 Corinthians 11:3 NASB)

By the nature of things, men are to be over women in matters of leadership. We all know how unfitting it is to see a woman barking commands while grown men scramble in obedient fear to her. That's the castration complex that turns strong men into wimpy, effeminate followers. It's a horrible sight. Even women who insist on being in control think less of the man who has submitted to such a humbling. They lose all respect for him.

"4 No one serving as a soldier gets involved in civilian affairs..." (2 Timothy 2:4 NASB)

The point being, don't get involved in the affairs of the world. The world can do what it wants.....and will.
I dont think a woman's interest for presidency or governorship etc stuff is a worldly affair.

And thanks to my tubular bells friend, Jethro, for trying to address the issue about women presidency, and such stuff.

but u need to clarify how and what makes such worlds - unless I didnt understand your intent

And also should women be moderators and admins in CF.net? Can you help, Jethro?

Granny is the one that brings all the right-on-the-head-of-the-hammer bible verses: flawless verses

...I read some Barna Group and other studies that showed that female pastors tend to be even less likely than male pastors (in more liberal denominations) to hold a Biblical worldview. That's disturbing.
This is why I will not attend a church that has a female pastor, or a church that calls the pastor's wife a 'co-pastor'. It's a sign of liberality that shouts to me loud and clear that you're not going to get accurate truth from that church. If they can't get the simple and plain teaching in the Bible that women are not to be in leadership over men in the church than I can't trust they're not misunderstanding and/or ignoring other truth in the scriptures.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back