Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Battle for Breakfast!

Sausage or Bacon

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Hey, Ya know some people eat scramble cow brains, how come there ain't no scrambled cow brains on the list?

My mom made them like you make scrambled eggs for breakfast, but it was only one time that she did that, and it was when I was a kid... FREAKY!!!!! Back in the old day, the Europeans use to conserve everything! Waste not want not! I tasted it but didn't eat a whole meal of it! It was too freaky!!!!! :eggface: :smt078

But some people just love them! :o
I think a variety of ethnicties eat them in a variety of ways.

Excerpt from an old article I found:
" ... They are traced back to a time when southern Indiana newcomers from Germany and Holland wasted little. Some families have their own recipes passed down over the generations. ...

The local delicacy is served at area German-heritage restaurants like the Hilltop Inn, a former stagecoach stop in the Ohio River city that opened in 1837. They're also popular at annual festivities like Evansville's fall festival, where they typically sell out early at church booths. ...
... Although some people consider eating cow brain an area novelty, it is not just limited to Indiana, Dewig said.

In California, in cities such as Stockton, cow brain is commonly sold as taco filling and sold from trucks. They are referred to by their Spanish name, "sesos."

In Texas border towns, barbacoa, made from the cow's head and brain, is served during the holidays.

Across the Ohio River in Kentucky, eating squirrel brain served with fried eggs was once considered a rural delicacy in some parts. Its popularity declined, however, after researchers in 1997 found a possible link between eating squirrel brains and contracting mad cow. ..."

http://www.hpj.com/archives/2004/feb04/ ... brains.CFM

Cajun Cow brain
http://www.realcajunrecipes.com/recipes ... in/799.rcr

storybrain2apxk8.th.jpg

Nick Morrow adds pickles to his brain sandwich before digging in to the delicacy in Indiana.
http://www.cnn.com/2004/HEALTH/01/16/br ... index.html

Pakistani Brain Marsala
http://www.angelfire.com/country/fauzia ... asala.html

Sheesh! I did a search and there are a whole bunch of brain recipes! Too many to mention! :crazyeyes:

OKAY! I LIKE SAUSAGE AND BACON! I KNOW THEY ARE BAD FOR THE BODY! So I only eat them maybe two or three times a year at most. And yes! I love the taste of bacon and sausage!!! :sad

Hash is good too! :-D

I don't eat pork so bacon and sausage are both unappealing. My reasons are complex, rational and irrational. Irrational: I was brought up Seventh Day Adventist, so I guess it is ingrained in me. Rational: Pigs will eat anything. I don't like eating animals that eat other animals, only ones that eat vegetable matter.

I was a vegetarian for much of my early life so eating meat at all is a bit of a concession. Old prejudices die hard. This was confirmed to me a couple of years ago in British Columbia where a pig farmer killed 49 women and fed their remains to pigs. I won't eat shark for the same reason. The thought just grosses me out.

Sorry,
Dunamite
:sad

I don't understand your logic Dunamite ;)

If an animal that eats other animals is too gross to eat, what does that say about you when you eat beef. You are eating animal.... :)

BTW, you have made some good posts to http://www.nonconforums.com and I like your insights.

Cow brains Relic? I guess for the same reason I didn't put in ham or steak or chicken or spam. They can all be ate with breakfast, but the two kings of breakfast (true king being sausage) are sausage and bacon.

vic C. said:
handy said:
... Come on, nobody is going to convince me that bacon can be better than that! Bacon, if it's crisp it's over done. If it's not crisp, it's greasy.

[attachment=0:biggrind155]bacon!.jpg[/attachment:biggrind155]

:-D

Vic, thank you for proving that sausage is by far the more biblical of the two!! The stats prove it, for as we all know:

Mat 7:13 Enter in at the narrow gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leads to destruction, and many there be which go in.

handy said:
... Vic, thank you for proving that sausage is by far the more biblical of the two!! The stats prove it, for as we all know:

Mat 7:13 Enter in at the narrow gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leads to destruction, and many there be which go in.
Bah!

Rev 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

:-D

I go with wide is the gate that leads to destruction. It's sausage all the way.

Try sausage with fried cabbage, potato and egg. (You need good quality sausage though.) (Not just any old bag of fat and sawdust masquerading under the meat counter as a sausage.)

Just use Jimmy Dean! I can't do the cabbage. Cabbage makes me go :smt078 . Not because I don't like it, it just does that to me.

BUT, have I fried up Jimmy Dean sausage, potatoes and eggs?

You bet I have, and I've also put some white onion and shredded cheese with it. Mmmmmmmm!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back