Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The beast

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
If a little horn came up on the heads of the beast and called itself Israel, would any recognize it as a beast ?Would you understand if it were antichrist or would you believe it is God's chosen people as it claims?

Shilohsfoal said:
If a little horn came up on the heads of the beast and called itself Israel, would any recognize it as a beast ?Would you understand if it were antichrist or would you believe it is God's chosen people as it claims?
The four heads were Alexanders generals. The little horn that grew in power is the Vatican, and the beast/nation she rides is Italy. The Vatican is the smallest nation in the world. The Romans were Anti Christian. For more than 2000 years Rome has been known as the city of the seven hills. The hills around the Vatican were called gods, and had temples dedicated to them upon those hills.

Shilohsfoal said:
the little horn is a spirit from the bottomless pit, not a whole nation. beasts in the bible are kingdoms and in the end times the beasts are a spiritual kingdom and a physical governmental kingdom.

WE Christians, jew or gentile are Gods chosen people, Everyone who is chosen will come to faith in Christ Jesus and be saved and added to the body of Christ. WE are the Israel of God.- Unbelievers of " israel" are antichrist until they come to faith, they are only israel after the flesh and are united with the rest of the world under antichrist spirits.

GodspromisesRyes said:
Shilohsfoal said:
the little horn is a spirit from the bottomless pit, not a whole nation. beasts in the bible are kingdoms and in the end times the beasts are a spiritual kingdom and a physical governmental kingdom.

WE Christians, jew or gentile are Gods chosen people, Everyone who is chosen will come to faith in Christ Jesus and be saved and added to the body of Christ. WE are the Israel of God.- Unbelievers of " israel" are antichrist until they come to faith, they are only israel after the flesh and are united with the rest of the world under antichrist spirits.
The beasts being spoken of are nations. That whore is a single nation/beast that sits among the waters/nations.
Revelation 17:15
Then the angel said to me, "The waters you saw, where the Whore/prostitute sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations and languages.

Daniel 7:8
"While I was thinking about the horns, there before me was another horn, a little one, which came up among them; and three of the first horns were uprooted before it. This horn had eyes like the eyes of a man and a mouth that spoke boastfully.

Daniel 7:20
I also wanted to know about the ten horns on its head and about the other horn that came up, before which three of them fell—the horn that looked more imposing than the others and that had eyes and a mouth that spoke boastfully.

Daniel 7:21
As I watched, this horn was waging war against the saints and defeating them,
The Romans and the Roman Catholic Church won the war against the other Christians.

mdo757 said:
The beasts being spoken of are nations. That whore is a single nation/beast that sits among the waters/nations.
Revelation 17:15
Then the angel said to me, "The waters you saw, where the Whore/prostitute sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations and languages.
I believe this is showing that the whore covers the whole earth, she sits on peoples multitudes nations languages. She is not one nation or beast, she is over all the nations over the whole beast. Personally I believe the beast that she sits on is the NWO government which is the nations of the world united as one government like at babel where they try to have peace and unity without the real God, in their own, and demonic power.

Rev 17:3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

I believe that while that beast is an actual governmental body and is comprised of ALL PEOPLE who are not saints from the pouper to the king there is no one left who is not united under this government and this government will be ruled over, and every one in it, possessed by the spirit called the beast who is the little horn but we are shown this here-
Rev 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Earlier in revelation we are told WHO this " beast" is and clearly this spirit from the bottomless pit goeth into perdition(2 thess 2 and heb 10) and rules this government that has seven heads and ten horns.
Rev 9:11 And they had a king over them, [which is] the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue [is] Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath [his] name Apollyon.

Rev 17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
Rev 17:13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

mdo757 said:
Daniel 7:8
"While I was thinking about the horns, there before me was another horn, a little one, which came up among them; and three of the first horns were uprooted before it. This horn had eyes like the eyes of a man and a mouth that spoke boastfully.

Daniel 7:20
I also wanted to know about the ten horns on its head and about the other horn that came up, before which three of them fell—the horn that looked more imposing than the others and that had eyes and a mouth that spoke boastfully.

Daniel 7:21
As I watched, this horn was waging war against the saints and defeating them,
The Romans and the Roman Catholic Church won the war against the other Christians.
I see where many people believe that this is the catholic church but i dont agree with that, although i agree that the catholic church is 100% part of the whore, i do not believe that the whore is just an entity like that church. Here is why, The same spirits of wickedness have been at work since the beginning and were hating and killing the saints since able. There was no catholic church then. Jesus and peter and paul said that the jews were responsible for the blood of the saints from able to zacharias who was slain between the porch and the altar
Mat 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and [some] of them ye shall kill and crucify; and [some] of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute [them] from city to city:
Mat 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
Mat 23:37 ¶ O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, [thou] that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under [her] wings, and ye would not!
1Th 2:14 For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they [have] of the Jews:
1Th 2:15 Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men:

Now before there was ever a catholic church the jews were killing those sent to them. And even now if it came down to lives, many christians would turn on other christians to save themselves, and we can tell that because they already do this often with back biting and hating in their hearts now to comfort their flesh.

I truly believe that what scripture tells us is that it is not about a physical body of people soley like the catholic church, but that it is the way that all hisotry has been is that those who love and obey and walk in faith of God, are hated and persecuted and killed all the day long by those who want to be called Gods people but who walk in their flesh, after things of this world, in the lusts of their bellies. When people walk holy in God, the light of the Lord shines holiness iout of us upon them and it convicts them of their sins and they hate us for it and desire to kill us and they believe that they do God a favor!which they do but not in the way they think.

In the end times, the unclean spirit of harlotry will unite the world spiritually against Christ and the saints just as the beast spirit and government will unite them as a world government system against the saints because WE are a spiritual house AND a HOLY NATION! a KINGDOM of GOD AMEN!

the harlot is much MUCH larger then the catholic church and there is NO ONE ( except the true saints) who will resist being part of her.

During the days that John wrote Revelation, the Roman soldiers would paint red dragons on their shields. If the word angel was translated into English it would read "messenger." The word Abyss translated also as bottomless pit means "unknown."

Sounds like you two dont realize what the little horn that came up is.Would you consider it if it were diverse from the first ten horns that came up?Would you consider it if it defeated three of those first horns?Would you consider it if its look was stouter than its fellows though it be a little horn?

Shilohsfoal said:
Sounds like you two dont realize what the little horn that came up is.Would you consider it if it were diverse from the first ten horns that came up?Would you consider it if it defeated three of those first horns?Would you consider it if its look was stouter than its fellows though it be a little horn?
it sounds as if you believe the little horn to be the nation of israel? while i dont agree, simply because i believe the little horn is a spirit king, i would like to hear what you have to say further on this if you will go into detail

Five kings from the west.
Daniel 8;8
Macedinia,Roman,Byzantine,Ottoman and Great Britian
Therefore the he goat waxed great; and when he was strong,the great horn was broken;and for it came up four notable ones toward the four winds of heaven
------------
Out of Great Britian came the country that calls itself Israel.
Daniel 8;9
And out of one of them came forth a little horn,which waxed exeedingly great,toward the south,and toward the east,and toward the pleasant land.
Independence </wiki/Independence> from British Mandate of Palestine </wiki/British_Mandate_of_Palestine> - Declaration </wiki/Declaration_of_the_Establishment_of_the_State_of_Israel> May 14, 1948 (05 Iyar </wiki/Iyar> 5708)
--------------------
.Beasts of the east.
Babylon
Daniel 7;4
The first was like a lion,and had eagle's wings;I beheld till the wings therof were plucked,and it was lifted up from the earth,and made to stand upon the feet as a man,and a man's heart was given to it.
------------------------
Daniel 7;5
Persia
And behold another beast,a second,like to a bear,and it raised up itself on one side,and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it;and they said thus unto it,Arise,devour much flesh.

-----------
Sassanid,Caliphate,Seljuk and Salidin
Daniel 7;6
After this I beheld,and lo another,like a leopard,which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl;the beast had also four heads;and dominion was given to it.
---------------
Daniel 7;7
Independent muslim states.
After this I saw in the night visions,and behold a forth beast,dreadful and terrible and strong exeedingly;and it had great iron teeth;it devoured and brake in pieces,and stamped the residue with the feet of it;and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it;and it had ten horns.
---------------
Daniel 7;8
Israel
I considerd the horns,and behold,there came up amoung them another little horn,before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots;and,behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of a man,and a mouth speaking great things.
---------------
Daniel 7;20
And of the ten horns that were in his head,and of the other which came up,and before whom three fell;even of that horn that had eyes,and a mouth that spake very great things,whose look was more stout than his fellows.
1967 Arab-Israeli War, the Third Arab-Israeli War, Six Days' War, an-Naksah (The Setback), or the June War, was fought between Israel </wiki/Israel> and the neighboring states of Egypt </wiki/Egypt>, Jordan </wiki/Jordan>, and Syria </wiki/Syria>.
----------------
They renderd thier dominion(Palistine) to the country that calls itself Israel.
Daniel 7;12
As conserning the rest of the beasts,they had thier dominion taken away;yet thier lives were prolonged for a season and a time.
Rev 17;17
For God hath put it in thier hearts to forfill his will,and to agree,and give thier kingdom unto the beast,until the Words of God shall be forfilled.

-----------
Rev17;10-11
And there are seven kings;five are fallen, and one is,and the other is not yet come;and when he cometh,he must continue a short space.And the beast that was,and is not,even he is the eighth ,and is of the seven,and goeth into perdition.

The seven kings that have reigned over Israel
Five that were fallen.
Egypt,Assyrian,Babylon,Persia,and Macedonia.
One that was at the time John wrote this-Rome.
Then came the Dispora
The one who would come and continue a short space,who the people of Israel were gatherd under-
Great britian.
The eighth is that kingdom that once was,then was not when John wrote this,but now is again today.
The kingdom that calls itself by the name of Israel.

A picture is worth a thousand words.
http://www.mapsofwar.com/ind/imperial-history.html

Are you guys being deliberately deceptive? 1 Peter 5:13
She who is in Babylon, chosen together with you, sends you her greetings, and so does my son Mark. Simon Peter (Greek: ??????, Pétros “Stone, Rockâ€, Kephas or sometimes Cephas in Hellenized Aramaic) (c.1 – 67 AD/CE) was a leader of the early Christian Church, who features prominently in the New Testament Gospels and the Acts of the Apostles. Peter was the son of John, and was from the village of Bethsaida in the province of Galilee. His brother Andrew was also an apostle.
After having been the Bishop of Antioch and having preached to the ones who were scattered (i.e., Jews and Hebrew Christians.), in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia, Peter went to Rome. In the second year of Claudius, he overthrew Simon Magus, and held the Sacerdotal Chair for 25 years. At the hand of Nero, he is said to have been put to death.
Peter's crucifixion.
According to the 1911 Catholic Encyclopedia, St. Peter labored in Rome during the last portion of his life, and there ended his life by martyrdom. The death of St. Peter is attested to by Tertullian at the end of the second century, and by Origen in Eusebius, Church History II.1. Origen says: "Peter was crucified at Rome with his head downwards, as he himself had desired to suffer".
The See of Rome is traditionally said to be founded by Peter and Paul, see also Primacy of Simon Peter, who had invested it with apostolic authority. The New Testament says nothing directly about Peter's connection to Rome, but an early Catholic tradition supports such a connection. St. Ignatius of Antioch implies that Peter and Paul had special authority over the Roman church. In his Letter to the Romans (Ch. 4) of c. 105-110, he tells the Roman Christians: "I do not command you, as Peter and Paul did."
Irenaeus of Lyons believed in the second century that Peter and Paul had been the founders of the Church in Rome and had appointed Linus as succeeding bishop.
Tertullian also writes: "But if you are near Italy, you have Rome, where authority is at hand for us too. What a happy church that is, on which the apostles poured out their whole doctrine with their blood; where Peter had a passion like that of the Lord, where Paul was crowned with the death of John (the Baptist, by being beheaded)." Dionysius of Corinth also serves as a witness to the tradition. He wrote: "You (Pope Soter) have also, by your very admonition, brought together the planting that was made by Peter and Paul at Rome and at Corinth; for both of them alike planted in our Corinth and taught us; and both alike, teaching similarly in Italy, suffered martyrdom at the same time". Later tradition, first found in Saint Jerome, attributes to Peter a 25-year episcopate (or apostolate) in Rome
F. C. Baur (1792–1860), professor of theology at Tübingen in Germany, the first scholar to critique Acts and the Pauline Epistles, and founder of the Tübingen School of theology, argued that Paul, as the "Apostle to the Gentiles", was in violent opposition to the original 12 Apostles. Baur considers the Acts of the Apostles were late and unreliable. This debate has continued ever since, with Adolf Deissmann (1866–1937) and Richard Reitzenstein (1861–1931) emphasising Paul's Greek inheritance and Albert Schweitzer stressing his dependence on Judaism.
Maccoby theorizes that Paul synthesized Judaism, Gnosticism, and mysticism to create Christianity as a cosmic savior religion. According to Maccoby, Paul's Pharisaism was his own invention, though actually he was probably associated with the Sadducees. Maccoby attributes the origins of Christian anti-Semitism to Paul and claims that Paul's view of women, though inconsistent, reflects his Gnosticism in its misogynist aspects.
Professor Robert Eisenman of California State University, Long Beach argues that Paul was a member of the family of Herod the Great. Professor Eisenman makes a connection between Paul and an individual identified by Josephus as "Saulus," a "kinsman of Agrippa." Another oft-cited element of the case for Paul as a member of Herod's family is found in Romans 16:11 where Paul writes, "Greet Herodion, my kinsman." This is a minority view in the academic community.
Perhaps the most speculative argument is made by British author Ralph Ellis, whose recent book King Jesus identifies Saul with Flavius Josephus, the first-century historian. In order to achieve this, Ellis has to make Saul very young (14 yrs) on his first evangelical tour of the Mediterranean.
Among the critics of Paul the Apostle was Thomas Jefferson who wrote that Paul was the "first corrupter of the doctrines of Jesus." Howard Brenton's 2005 play Paul takes a skeptical view of his conversion.

Paul of Tarsus, also called Paul the Apostle, the Apostle Paul, or Saint Paul, (Ancient Greek ????? (Saul), ?????? (Saulos), and ?????? (Paulos); Latin: Paulus or Paullus; Hebrew: ???? ?????? Å a?ul HaTarsi (Saul of Tarsus)[2] (c.5 BC - c.67 AD),[1] was a Hellenistic Jew who called himself the "Apostle to the Gentiles" and is considered the Founder of Modern Christianity. Together with Saint Peter and James the Just, he is also the most notable of early Christian missionaries.
F.F. Powell argues that Paul made use of many of the ideas of the Greek philosopher Plato in his epistles, sometimes even using the same metaphors and language. For example, in Phaedrus, Socrates says that the heavenly ideals are perceived as though "through a glass dimly." These words are echoed by Paul in 1 Corinthians 13:12.

MDO
If you are going to judge who babylon is by the death of the rightous then lets not forget this death.

Mt 27;24-25
When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing,but that rather a tumult was made,he took water,and washed his hands before the multitude,saying,I am innocent of the blood of this just person;see ye to it.

Then answerd all the people,and said,His blood be on us,and on our children.

Its not hard to overlook Jesus's words in the gospel but you will not have any knowledge if you do.

Rev 18;24
And in her was found the blood of prophets,and of saints,and of all that were slain upon the earth.
Mt 23;35
That upon you may come all the rightous blood shed upon the earth,from the blood of rightous Abel unto the blood of Zechariah son of Barachias,whom ye slew between the temple and the alter.

Please for once take note of the above verses.If you are correct and Rome is Babylon OF REV 18;24,then Jesus would be incorrect in MT 23;35.Now who would you have me believe ,you or Jesus?

Shilohsfoal said:
MDO
If you are going to judge who babylon is by the death of the rightous then lets not forget this death.

Mt 27;24-25
When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing,but that rather a tumult was made,he took water,and washed his hands before the multitude,saying,I am innocent of the blood of this just person;see ye to it.

Its not hard to overlook Jesus's words in the gospel but you will not have any knowledge if you do.

Rev 18;24
And in her was found the blood of prophets,and of saints,and of all that were slain upon the earth.
Mt 23;35
That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth,from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zechariah son of Barachias,whom ye slew between the temple and the alter.

Please for once take note of the above verses.If you are correct and Rome is Babylon OF REV 18;24,then Jesus would be incorrect in MT 23;35.Now who would you have me believe ,you or Jesus?
This is where you are in error: There are two dragons, and there are many beast/nations. The Jews get blamed because they did not accept the message of the Kingdom being preached; as a result chaos from the beast resulted.

Your not even paying attention to what is highlighted.All I can do is spell it out for you as I have done.
Its up to you to believe Jesus.

mdo757 said:
Shilohsfoal said:
MDO

Mt 27;24-25

Rev 18;24
Mt 23;35
That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth,from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zechariah son of Barachias,whom ye slew between the temple and the alter.

This is where you are in error: There are two dragons, and there are many beast/nations. The Jews get blamed because they did not accept the message of the Kingdom being preached; as a result chaos from the beast resulted.

Rev 18;24
Mt 23;35
That upon you may come all the rightous blood shed upon the earth,from the blood of rightous Abel unto the blood of Zechariah son of Barachias,whom ye slew between the temple and the alter.

Babylon the great = Jerusalem? yes.
Destroyed in 70AD? yes
Never to rise again? correct. lol

Mat 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
Mat 23:36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

:yes :tongue

Jerusalem was destroyed?LOL
Only a wound.It lived.

researcher said:
Rev 18;24
Mt 23;35

Destroyed in 70AD? yes

Mat 23:36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

The Jerusalem Jesus was referring to/looking at was destroyed, yes.

Mat 24:1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
Mat 24:2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Shilohsfoal said:
Jerusalem was destroyed?LOL
Only a wound.It lived.

researcher said:
Rev 18;24
Mt 23;35

Destroyed in 70AD? yes

researcher said:
Rev 18;24
Mt 23;35

Destroyed in 70AD? yes

When Napoleon removed the Pope from power in 1798, people thought the papacy would never rise to power again. When the Papacy was re-established the news papers read: "The Wound is Healed." And the peoples were astonished that it was re-established. Because of what is written in scripture people believed Israel would rise to power again. If Israel would not have rejected the message, the out come for the world would have been different.

mdo757 said:
F. C. Baur (1792–1860), professor of theology at Tübingen in Germany, the first scholar to critique Acts and the Pauline Epistles, and founder of the Tübingen School of theology, argued that Paul, as the "Apostle to the Gentiles", was in violent opposition to the original 12 Apostles. Baur considers the Acts of the Apostles were late and unreliable. This debate has continued ever since, with Adolf Deissmann (1866–1937) and Richard Reitzenstein (1861–1931) emphasising Paul's Greek inheritance and Albert Schweitzer stressing his dependence on Judaism.
Maccoby theorizes that Paul synthesized Judaism, Gnosticism, and mysticism to create Christianity as a cosmic savior religion. According to Maccoby, Paul's Pharisaism was his own invention, though actually he was probably associated with the Sadducees. Maccoby attributes the origins of Christian anti-Semitism to Paul and claims that Paul's view of women, though inconsistent, reflects his Gnosticism in its misogynist aspects.
Professor Robert Eisenman of California State University, Long Beach argues that Paul was a member of the family of Herod the Great. Professor Eisenman makes a connection between Paul and an individual identified by Josephus as "Saulus," a "kinsman of Agrippa." Another oft-cited element of the case for Paul as a member of Herod's family is found in Romans 16:11 where Paul writes, "Greet Herodion, my kinsman." This is a minority view in the academic community.
Perhaps the most speculative argument is made by British author Ralph Ellis, whose recent book King Jesus identifies Saul with Flavius Josephus, the first-century historian. In order to achieve this, Ellis has to make Saul very young (14 yrs) on his first evangelical tour of the Mediterranean.
Among the critics of Paul the Apostle was Thomas Jefferson who wrote that Paul was the "first corrupter of the doctrines of Jesus." Howard Brenton's 2005 play Paul takes a skeptical view of his conversion.

Those ideas above are clearly false, and point to Judaizer philosophy.

Paul of Tarsus, also called Paul the Apostle, the Apostle Paul, or Saint Paul, (Ancient Greek ????? (Saul), ?????? (Saulos), and ?????? (Paulos); Latin: Paulus or Paullus; Hebrew: ???? ?????? Å a?ul HaTarsi (Saul of Tarsus)[2] (c.5 BC - c.67 AD),[1] was a Hellenistic Jew who called himself the "Apostle to the Gentiles" and is considered the Founder of Modern Christianity. Together with Saint Peter and James the Just, he is also the most notable of early Christian missionaries.
F.F. Powell argues that Paul made use of many of the ideas of the Greek philosopher Plato in his epistles, sometimes even using the same metaphors and language. For example, in Phaedrus, Socrates says that the heavenly ideals are perceived as though "through a glass dimly." These words are echoed by Paul in 1 Corinthians 13:12.[/size]

Apostle Paul was fluent in the Greek language of the people. He also used ideas the Greeks were familiar with at Mars Hill in Acts 17. The reason? To preach The Gospel of Jesus Christ in contrast to the Greek spiritual philosophy the unbelievers there only knew of.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back