Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The beast

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
If the Jerusalem that Jesus spoke of was destroyed then there wouldnt be a Jerusalem sitting in Jerusalem.The beast that recieved a deadly wound lived and the proof that it lived can be seen today by anyone who can see it.

researcher said:
The Jerusalem Jesus was referring to/looking at was destroyed, yes.

]

Shilohsfoal said:
If the Jerusalem that Jesus spoke of was destroyed then there wouldnt be a Jerusalem sitting in Jerusalem.The beast that recieved a deadly wound lived and the proof that it lived can be seen today by anyone who can see it.

researcher said:

]

The city was destroyed. They built a new one on top of it. But that doesn't make the new one the old one that Jesus was looking at.

veteran said:
Those ideas above are clearly false, and point to Judaizer philosophy.

Apostle Paul was fluent in the Greek language of the people. He also used ideas the Greeks were familiar with at Mars Hill in Acts 17. The reason? To preach The Gospel of Jesus Christ in contrast to the Greek spiritual philosophy the unbelievers there only knew of.
Judaizers were not followers of Philo, they are commandment keepers. Death to the Judaizers for keeping the commandments huh? What is it that you think when the word Judaizer is used? Do you believe that the commandments have been done away with?

researcher said:
Shilohsfoal said:

researcher said:

]

The city was destroyed. They built a new one on top of it. But that doesn't make the new one the old one that Jesus was looking at.

A new Jerusalem?

A new Jerusalem?

Luk 21:5 And as some were speaking about the temple, that it had been adorned with beautiful stones and gifts, He said,
Luk 21:6 As to these things that you see, days will come in which a stone will not be left on a stone, which will not be thrown down.

Luk 21:20 And when you see Jerusalem being encircled by armies, then recognize that its destruction has come near.
Luk 21:21 Then let those in Judea flee into the mountains; and those in its midst, let them go out. And those in the open spaces, let them not go into her. (Literal version)

There is a new city, Jerusalem, standing on the old one. But it's not the one Jesus was looking at when he said "these things that you see."

researcher said:
[Luk 21:21 Then let those in Judea flee into the mountains; and those in its midst, let them go out. And those in the open spaces, let them not go into her. (Literal version)

Ah yes .I remember reading about this as well.

Rev 18;4
And I heard another voice from heaven,saying,Come out of her,my people,that ye be not partakers of her sins,and that ye recieve not of her plagues.

If youve ever noticed , those plagues in Rev are called the wrath of God.Same reason the people are told to flee in Luke 21;21.
Luke 21;23
But woe unto them that are with child,and to them that give suck,in those days!for there shall be great distress in the land,and wrath upon this people.

You know ,it doesnt surprise me that they would stay for most of the population in Judea are antichirct and wouldnt even read the new testiment.
What surprises me is the fact that almost all the population in Judea are antichrist and there are very few christians who even understand what an antichrist confesses.Or even if an antichrist blasphemes ,most people dont see the blasphemy in it.

Shilohsfoal said:
researcher said:
[Luk 21:21 Then let those in Judea flee into the mountains; and those in its midst, let them go out. And those in the open spaces, let them not go into her. (Literal version)

Ah yes .I remember reading about this as well.

Rev 18;4
And I heard another voice from heaven,saying,Come out of her,my people,that ye be not partakers of her sins,and that ye recieve not of her plagues.

If youve ever noticed , those plagues in Rev are called the wrath of God.Same reason the people are told to flee in Luke 21;21.
Luke 21;23
But woe unto them that are with child,and to them that give suck,in those days!for there shall be great distress in the land,and wrath upon this people.

You know ,it doesnt surprise me that they would stay for most of the population in Judea are antichirct and wouldnt even read the new testiment.
What surprises me is the fact that almost all the population in Judea are antichrist and there are very few christians who even understand what an antichrist confesses.Or even if an antichrist blasphemes ,most people dont see the blasphemy in it.

Lol. Yes, they did stay. Most of them were killed by the Romans because they stayed too. Lol.

The wrath of God was definitely on the Jews.

researcher said:
Babylon the great = Jerusalem? yes.
Destroyed in 70AD? yes
Never to rise again? correct. lol
We see that there is the city of Jerusalem today, and we also see in scripture where Jerusalem is also a city throughout the reign of Christ on earth. A stone from space will strike the foot of Mystery Babylon. And so what nation is shaped like a woman's boot?

mdo757 said:
We see that there is the city of Jerusalem today, and we also see in scripture where Jerusalem is also a city throughout the reign of Christ on earth. A stone from space will strike the foot of Mystery Babylon.

A stone from space...? :screwloose

mdo757 said:
And so what nation is shaped like a woman's boot?[/size]

Florida? Alaska? England? Spain? All of Africa? Korea? Vietnam? Is this a trick question??? I hadn't realized that the Bible was concerned with the shape of a country and whether it resembles a curly-haired dog or a sleeping cat or a woman's boot...

:biglaugh

francisdesales said:
mdo757 said:
We see that there is the city of Jerusalem today, and we also see in scripture where Jerusalem is also a city throughout the reign of Christ on earth. A stone from space will strike the foot of Mystery Babylon.

A stone from space...? :screwloose

mdo757 said:
And so what nation is shaped like a woman's boot?[/size]

Florida? Alaska? England? Spain? All of Africa? Korea? Vietnam? Is this a trick question??? I hadn't realized that the Bible was concerned with the shape of a country and whether it resembles a curly-haired dog or a sleeping cat or a woman's boot...

:biglaugh
mdo57 we know that you think that rc is the beast, i dont, even though i have issues with that church. It isnt the beast, the prophecies are too vague at this time to say what it is and what it isnt.

jasoncran said:
mdo57 we know that you think that rc is the beast, i dont, even though i have issues with that church. It isnt the beast, the prophecies are too vague at this time to say what it is and what it isnt.

I am sure that the people of 100 AD knew EXACTLY who the beast was.

The problem is trying to making something we don't like into the beast without considering what the AUTHOR intended it to mean...

francisdesales said:
The problem is trying to making something we don't like into the beast without considering what the AUTHOR intended it to mean...
I'm not one of those Christians who believes that the word of God is to mysterious to know what it means. Scripture and history is our witness. Why some Christians refuse to see it, is because they are in denial. Stop spending your time in playing the Devils advocate, and start taking the time to consider all of the possibilities of what the scripture could mean. Eyes open. Are you an honest enough of a person to say: I want to know what the truth is, even if it does not please me? :study

mdo757 said:
francisdesales said:

I'm not one of those Christians who believes that the word of God is to mysterious to know what it means. Scripture and history is our witness. Why some Christians refuse to see it, is because they are in denial. Stop spending your time in playing the Devils advocate, and start taking the time to consider all of the possibilities of what the scripture could mean. Eyes open. Are you an honest enough of a person to say: I want to know what the truth is, even if it does not please me?

I never said that the Bible is "mysterious" in that we cannot know what it means. Proof is my very last quote! Rather than thinking the world revolves around you and YOUR interpretation, perhaps we should examine what the first Christians thought of the Apocalypse. When examining literary material, we should consider that the author was attempting to communicate to an audience. So what would the AUDIENCE'S point of view had been??? I don't see the point in attempting to attach some symbols of the Apocalypse to OUR time, it merely breeds confusion.

St. Jerome said that attempting to attach carnal meanings to the mysterious metaphors of the Apocalypse leads one to also accept Jewish fables.

Rather than attacking others, attaching "beast" to those we do not care for, let's consider that the Beast refers to Satan himself. It is HE who came from the bottomless pit, to wage war against the "woman", the Church, while the whore is simply those in the service of the devil, attempting to also wage war on the Church (whose mission is to continue to make Christ visible through the ages). Quite simple. That's the historical truth.

But to continue the sensationalism and supermarket tabloidism, we must continue to worry about such things and applying these symbols to the modern-day US Supreme Court or the United States to the writing???

francisdesales said:
mdo757 said:
francisdesales said:

I'm not one of those Christians who believes that the word of God is to mysterious to know what it means. Scripture and history is our witness. Why some Christians refuse to see it, is because they are in denial. Stop spending your time in playing the Devils advocate, and start taking the time to consider all of the possibilities of what the scripture could mean. Eyes open. Are you an honest enough of a person to say: I want to know what the truth is, even if it does not please me?

I never said that the Bible is "mysterious" in that we cannot know what it means. Proof is my very last quote! Rather than thinking the world revolves around you and YOUR interpretation, perhaps we should examine what the first Christians thought of the Apocalypse. When examining literary material, we should consider that the author was attempting to communicate to an audience. So what would the AUDIENCE'S point of view had been??? I don't see the point in attempting to attach some symbols of the Apocalypse to OUR time, it merely breeds confusion.

St. Jerome said that attempting to attach carnal meanings to the mysterious metaphors of the Apocalypse leads one to also accept Jewish fables.

Rather than attacking others, attaching "beast" to those we do not care for, let's consider that the Beast refers to Satan himself. It is HE who came from the bottomless pit, to wage war against the "woman", the Church, while the whore is simply those in the service of the devil, attempting to also wage war on the Church (whose mission is to continue to make Christ visible through the ages). Quite simple. That's the historical truth.

But to continue the sensationalism and supermarket tabloidism, we must continue to worry about such things and applying these symbols to the modern-day US Supreme Court or the United States to the writing???
1 Peter 5:13
She who is in Babylon, chosen together with you, sends you her greetings, and so does my son Mark.
Where did Peter die?

mdo757 said:
She who is in Babylon, chosen together with you, sends you her greetings, and so does my son Mark.
Where did Peter die?

"Babylon" is a code name for Rome, the capital of the Roman Empire. Peter wasn't writing to pagans, but Christians in Rome. John wasn't calling "the Great Babylon" the Christian community in Rome.

francisdesales said:
mdo757 said:
Where did Peter die?

"Babylon" is a code name for Rome, the capital of the Roman Empire. Peter wasn't writing to pagans, but Christians in Rome. John wasn't calling "the Great Babylon" the Christian community in Rome.
Huh? Hasn't this conversation been about mystery Babylon and who the disciples in that day thought it was? Obviously he was speaking of the Roman kingdom.

mdo757 said:
francisdesales said:

Huh? Hasn't this conversation been about mystery Babylon and who the disciples in that day thought it was? Obviously he was speaking of the Roman kingdom.

What do you mean, Huh?

Isn't that what I said??? Peter wasn't calling Christians in Rome "Babylon", but the Roman Empire, most esp. Imperial Rome itself... They were residing IN "Babylon". Rome. They were not PART of Babylon... Paul has a special place in his heart for the Roman church...

francisdesales said:
mdo757 said:
francisdesales said:

What do you mean, Huh?

Isn't that what I said??? Peter wasn't calling Christians in Rome "Babylon", but the Roman Empire, most esp. Imperial Rome itself... They were residing IN "Babylon". Rome. They were not PART of Babylon... Paul has a special place in his heart for the Roman church...
Since you understand that part of scripture, how come you do not connect the Roman Church with the rest?

If I may? There are two beasts in Revelations, 1st beast is the antichrist.
Rev 13:1 Then I saw a beast coming up out of the sea. It had ten horns and seven heads, and on its horns were ten diadem crowns, and on its heads a blasphemous name

The second beast the false prophet is there for the first beast, to make people worship him the 1st beast.
Rev 13:11 Then I saw another beast coming up from the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, but was speaking like a dragon. 13:12 He exercised all the ruling authority of the first beast on his behalf, and made the earth and those who inhabit it worship the first beast, the one whose lethal wound had been healed.

Then there is the Dragon who has given power to the 1st beast
Rev 13:4 they worshiped the dragon because he had given ruling authority to the beast, and they worshiped the beast too, saying: “Who is like the beast?†and “Who is able to make war

What is going on here is Satan trying to copy the Holy Trinity. Satan has been trying to copy God before the creation of the world. God is going to finally end Satan influence on the earth before the thousand year reign of Christ and he knows it. Satan has been since the garden to destroy God greatest creation “manâ€
As for the ten horns that appear. The little horn is non other than the antichrist. The ten nations are in fact ten regions that the world will be divided into, and as of right now being divided into.
http://ec.europa.eu/world/where/index_en.htm

The antichrist comes out of the revived Roman Empire. The legs in Daniels dream is the Romans they where never defeated but just slipped away but when Israel became a nation in 1948 that same year the EU began forming, Rome Empire. Also the one world government began its push along with talk of a one world bank.
The antichrist takes over three of these regions by force, or they are made unwilling to follow him at first.
As far as the whore that is drunk on the blood of the saints. Well she is a one whole religion (not Catholicism) I believe it will be worship of the earth as this is starting to happen now and not it’s Creator. Then in the middle of the tribulation the antichrist desecrates the temple of the Jews and demands the world to worship him.
This is all future events..

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back