Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Bible according to science Christians

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Rollo Tamasi

Warrior for Christ
This subject is often heavily debated, but it not need to be that way.
The Bible is not a science book and the science Christians will be the first to admit that.
However, there are statements in the Bible that can be considered of a science nature.

The problem arises when one takes their beliefs of accuracy of science and says the Bible does not agree, therefore the bible must be saying something else.

It's real simple folks.
Your faith is in God and not science.
Believe what God says in his Holy Word, the Bible, and don't let contradicting statements bother you.

The enemy is always attacking us, anyway he can.
Be on your guard, stay true to the Word of God, and your blessing will always be there.
Amen.

This subject is often heavily debated,
Hi Allen, does this mean you are asking for a debate?

Only kidding!

There is that saying: "Fire is a good servant but a bad master." Same could be said about science I believe. And I think it is what you are saying. Science is a useful tool. But science was never meant to be lord over us. The Bible was not meant to be lord over us either but it certainly tells us who is meant to be. As you said, Allen, our faith is in God as described in the Bible, not in science.

Watching Thomas

Occasionally I hear the "bible according to _______," kind of statements. Not that they say according to so and so, but it's what they mean. According to modern theology. According to new archeological finds. According to a lack of evidence the bible must be saying....

I think you've got it right Allen Wayne. Read what the bible says. Know what God has said and done. Put faith in that first.

The problem arises when one takes their beliefs of accuracy of science and says the Bible does not agree, therefore the bible must be saying something else.

It's real simple folks.
Your faith is in God and not science.
Believe what God says in his Holy Word, the Bible, and don't let contradicting statements bother you.

Be on your guard, stay true to the Word of God, and your blessing will always be there.
Amen.
The other problem is that people assume their understanding of Scripture is correct and will defend it even when science shows they are likely wrong.

Just because one may find disagreement between "what the Bible says" and what science says, doesn't automatically mean that science is wrong. It could well be that one's understanding of the Bible is incorrect.

The other problem is that people assume their understanding of Scripture is correct and will defend it even when science shows they are likely wrong.

Just because one may find disagreement between "what the Bible says" and what science says, doesn't automatically mean that science is wrong. It could well be that one's understanding of the Bible is incorrect.
sorry-we-missed-you.jpg

If we are in the lounge? LOL

Hebrews 11:3 KJV
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Romans 1:19 KJV
Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

I saw the moon tonight and thought (as you saw him go so shall you see him come again). Each lunar month reminds me of Jesus.

The four stomachs of an ox / preacher direct my thoughts (just get the husk off and do not prepare a pre processed meal).

The desperately wicked heart needs the crucified Christ. The natural pacemaker looking like a crucified man reminds me.

Mabe rednecks watch solar eclipses without protection.
eddif

II Timothy 2:17 KJV
And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;
18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some

.Very slippery creek bank here. Very tough to discuss without running into problems. Experts spread heresy.

eddif

INFIDEL!!!

OBVIOUSLY YOU DON"T BELIEVE GOD!!!

OTHER REALLY STUPID COMMENTS THAT INDICATE I DO NOT HAVE A 3 DIGIT IQ!!!!

:lol :lol2 Just kidding!!

Remember folks,
Don't let worldly beliefs interfere with your trust and belief in God.
Amen.

John 1:14 KJV
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Just as the Word made creation / science exist, the Word about the coming Messiah also became true / fact.

Then that man changed ( he went away).

I Corinthians 15:45 KJV
And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

Romans 2:14 KJV
For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

All these transitions from:
Word to light
Word to creation
Word to Adam imagery

Holy Spirit making Adam a living soul
Holy Spirit involved in Quickening spiritual life.

Hebrews 4:12 KJV
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Word - Jesus - Quickening spirit.

eddif

Science is nothing more than the set of rules God gave the physical world on how it generally and naturally functions/interacts with itself. Its always fun to read about in the Word or hear testimony of when God chooses to override those rules. I find its best to not treat what the world knows as science as some sort of covenant.

Science is nothing more than the set of rules God gave the physical world on how it generally and naturally functions/interacts with itself. Its always fun to read about in the Word or hear testimony of when God chooses to override those rules. I find its best to not treat what the world knows as science as some sort of covenant.
Scientist are struggling to understand the most basic facts about the universe.
And, after so many giant steps have been taken in the last couple of centuries, it must be a bit dismaying to discover that 96% of the universe is beyond their ability to measure or observe.
Dark energy and dark matter may be God's way of saying, "Bugga! Bugga!".

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back