Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study The Bible Is The Story Of God And His Plan To Fix The World

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

JAG ..

"I am making everything new"__The Lord Jesus Rev.21:5

Nothing on this earth has the power to defeat the finished work of the
Lord Jesus. "It is finished" said Jesus while on The Cross. Here are
the most powerful finished events in all of human history. No power
n the Universe can defeat these:

{1} The Cross -- the power of reconciliation, forgiveness, and restoration -- "being
justified by faith we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" Romans 5:1

{2} The Resurrection -- the power of that Empty Tomb. He lives. He is alive.
He has conquered Death for us -- we now have eternal life.

{3} The Ascension -- the power of "I go to my Father" , , , "all authority in
Heaven and on earth has been give to me" Matthew 28:18

{4} The Exaltation -- the power of being now seated at the right hand of the
Almighty Sovereign God

The Bible is the true story of God and His Plan to set the world right again.

Yes , , ,
The Bible tells the true story of how God will Christianize the world and
successfully carry out His Son's Great Commission -- to go and make disciples
of all nations -- commanded at the very end of Matthew's gospel.

God is going to fix the world. The world is now broken -- but God is going to
fix it. Hope lives. Love conquers. Victory. The Cross wins the war for the world.
Evil is defeated. The Good wins. The world will be Christianized before the Lord
Jesus returns. The yeast of the gospel will make disciples of all the nations through
the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit who uses the plain simple gospel message
to regenerate the hearts of men and to enable them to believe in Jesus as their
Savior and then to understand the Bible, as the Holy Spirit begins the process
of creating the fruits of the Holy Spirit in their lives , , ,

Step one is John 3:3 -- you must be born again {regenerated}
Step two is John 3:16 -- you must believe in Jesus as your Savior
Step three is Galatians 5:22-23 -- you must allow the Holy Spirit
o produce these 8 qualities within your heart , , ,

Love
Joy
Forbearance
Kindness
Goodness
Faithfulness
Gentleness
Self-control

The Holy Spirit produces these 8 qualities in the hearts of humans.
This process is what finally fixes the world.

"I am making everything new"__The Lord Jesus

"And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling
place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be
his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. ‘He will
wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning
or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” Rev. 21:3-4

JAG

Rev Chapter 21 & 22

I combined these two chapters into one as 22 continues where 21 left off in the descriptions of the New Jerusalem and we being in the kingdom of God called the New Jerusalem. I am not listing the verses in this chapter as you can read through them as I give explaination between the literal and symbolic of the descriptions given.

Revelation Chapter 21-22 is very symbolic in the character and quality of the holy city "New Jerusalem" as no one could could even fathom what it will look like. The description is that of the nature of this glorious kingdom of God where His true church, being the Bride of Christ, will dwell with Her Bridegroom for eternity basking in the glory of the Lord.

What is described in the literal description is that of the spiritual as with God all things are spiritual in nature. The literal description shows us the splendor of the magnificent of what has been prepared for those who are Christ own.

What God was promising in that of the literal land of Canaan given to the Israelites was symbolic of the promise of a new heaven and new earth as this present will pass away and be made Spiritually new again in the characteristics of God's nature, not for Israel, but for the church being the Bride of Christ as we are then united to Him for all eternity. All things of God and the prophecies will be fulfilled in the new kingdom, "New Jerusalem". The height and the length is given in the literal, but yet symbolically could never be measured. It's all beyond our comprehension.

A thousand year kingdom in the millennium where Christ will reign here on this present earth is not an everlasting kingdom, but for a specific time, which is God's timing. It could not possibly be a literal 1000 years that we will have to wait for Satan and his army to be cast into the Lake of fire. What would even be the purpose of another literal thousand years when Christ returns.

2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2 Peter 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
2 Peter 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2 Peter 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

God's promise was not the literal land of Canaan, but that of a new Spiritual heaven and earth as all things will be made new again. This is what we hope for, Romans 8:19-23. In my minds eye I see it all as being like the garden of Eden where we will dwell in peace and harmony with each other as God and His Son Christ Jesus are the temple of the New Jerusalem and the light as there will be no more darkness, tears, sorrow or pain.

The "holy city", New Jerusalem, does not make up nations or continents on the new earth, but is the community of God's people who are caught up to Christ when He returns. It's not a new earth with a city in the midst of it, but that of the new earth being the holy city called New Jerusalem.

The height, the breathed and the length of the holy city written in the scripture being a literal 1,377 miles is symbolic in its measuring as all from the begining of time until Christ returns that are God's children could never fit within this literal perimeter. The literal description of this city can not describe the physical features, but only the quality and character of it.

The true church being the Bride of Christ is New Israel/New Jerusalem neither Jew nor Greek making up the holy city of God that is ushered down from heaven after this present world and heaven will be made new again. Our Spiritual rebirth is from up above and as we are caught up to Christ as we are gathered in the clouds to meet Him in the air when He returns, 1 Thessalonians 4:17, we will ever be with Him until will are ushered down to live in the new earth/New Jerusalem. Notice in Rev 21:2 John describes the holy city new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

There is no plan of God for the nation of Israel that is separate from the Church as we read in scripture there is no Jew nor Greek there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise, Galatians 3:24-29, Revelation 21:3, 4.

The physical literal description of the holy city like the wall's foundation being precious stones and the streets being pure gold is symbolic of the purity of the true Church of God that reflects the glory of the Lord who brought us through the refiners fire and made pure in order to enter that which has been made holy unto us.

Revelation 22:6-21 concludes with an epilogue which reassures the readers that Christ is coming quickly and invites all who wish to take the water of life freely to come to the alpha and Omega, the bright and Morning star.

John concludes with a warning from God, For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book. And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. Revelation 22:18, 19.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back