Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Bible - The tv-series

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Deshong

I’ve already watched some of it on tv but I missed the beginning/middle. I’ve already pointed out inconsistencies like in the tv series when Joseph finds out Mary is pregnant, he breaks off the engagement and later he is visited by an angel of God in the town who tells him the child that Mary carries is of the Holy Spirit, etc. and to marry Mary. So when Joseph went to find her, she was being persecuted by the residents because they found her pregnant and back in the biblical days they would forever shame the persons. So Joseph said to them he will marry Mary and then the residents left them alone as they walked away.

However that is not what it says in the bible. It says Joseph is a just man so he broke off the engagement secretly with Mary because he didn’t want to make a public example of her. Therefore only Joseph knew, besides the angel, of Mary being pregnant before she got married to Joseph. So no one could have known at that time and came to persecute her. And in the Bible, it says when Joseph was thinking about those things, an angel came to him in a dream. So once he was awakened from the sleep, he went to Mary to marry her immediately.

So isn't that saying while Joseph was pondering the events, he fell asleep and had a dream, or does that mean he had a vision while he was still up and alert? But of course the tv-series will not be accurate since only God's Word was, is and forever will be.

I forgot to mention. Matthew 1:18-25/Christ Born of Mary is what I'm referring to.

Last edited by a moderator:
The ninja turtle angels? No thanks. The pretty stud Jesus...aaaa not so much. 'He had no form or comeliness that we should desire Him'.

I saw some of it and I think we did order it on DVD. Yeah, there are quite a few inaccuracies in there. But then, that's also the case with the Bible story cartoons I used to watch as a kid...Superbook, Greatest Stories of the Bible by HannahBarbara, and that cartoon with Charlton Heston as the host and one of the voice actors...I think there were some others, too, but they don't come to mind at the moment. Anyway, my dad used to point all the mistakes out.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back