Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Body of Jesus is not the Body of God, is it?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
bodhitharta said:
3.James 2:26
For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

How is the title of your thread related to this scripture ? ...... :confused

What exactly is your question ?

:chin

If you are asking what I think you are you should look up the false doctrine of patripassionism which states that basically when Jesus suffered bodily so did God the Father. I don't feel like getting into arguing against it though because it requires a discussion on the Trinity and there are plenty of threads about that here already.

Orion said:
Is patripassionism the "God punishing himself, to appease himself" thing?

I'm a little fuzzy on all the details. Wikipedia is probably not the best source but it could explain it better than I could (here).

However, I also found a brief definition of it from allwords.com which has the following entry:

patripassionism noun

(Christianity) A term for a heresy associated with sabellianism and, to a degree montanism, coined by those who opposed it, purportedly being the belief that as the first two Persons of the Trinity were actually one Person, that God the Father suffered on the Cross.

Source: http://www.allwords.com/word-patripassionism.html

1 Tim 3:9
9 Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience. KJV

First the conscience must sprinkled from its evil by the blood of Jesus.

Then the body must be washed from its filthiness.

Then God transforms our minds revealing the mystery to us ( giving us to hear the 7 thunders ) but tells us to not write it down.

Joe

bodhitharta said:
If the Body without the Spirit is dead and God is a Spirit then wouldn't that mean the Body of Jesus is not God?

Well Jesus himself is God, but he is distinct from the Father in personality. Though Christ has a body he clearly is portrayed has having a spirit, thus the following Scriptures:

"after they came to Mysia, they were trying to go into Bithynia, and the Spirit of Jesus did not permit them" (Acts 16:7)

"But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him" (Romans 8:9)

"Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, 'Abba! Father!'" (Galatians 4:6)

"for I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayers and the provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ" (Philippians 1:19)

I hope that addresses your question.

God Bless,

~Josh

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back