Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Book of Daniel and 2012

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Wow ! I feel like a bomb ready to explode , so I might as well make a BOOM ! I love the smell of napalm in the morning . Go to Daniel 12 : 11 - 12 . These verses refer to the time just before the Great Tribulation . When Christs disciples will be blessed and do great things for God . 1290 and 1335 refer to dates . First , subtract 1290 from 1335 , we get 45 . Now , replace 1290 with 1967 and add 45 we get 2012 .Daniel 12 : 12 and Matthew 24 : 13 refer to this . This was the end of the age . Now , subtract 1290 from 1967 , we get 677 . The approximate date of the building of the Dome of the Rock Shrine This Shrine supposedly sits on top of the Most Holy Place in Gods Temple . With this Shrine in place it ended the possibility of any physical sacrifice then and now . There is much more to this , I'll save it for when the flames die down . What do you think

Last edited:
God's temple?
Mar_14:58 We heard him say, I will destroy this temple that is made with hands, and within three days I will build another made without hands.
Act 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
Act 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
Act 7:50 Hath not my hand made all these things?

In Ezra 3:2 we read, "Then stood up Jeshua the son of Jozadak, and his brethren the priests, and Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, and his brethren, and builded the altar of the God of Israel, to offer burnt offerings thereon, as it is written in the law of Moses the man of God.

My friend Gene Hawkins gave the following thought on this verse.
""Now I want us to notice a little bit concerning this daily sacrifice because there have been those down through the years that have looked at where they shall take away the daily sacrifice in the book of Daniel and they say well, we know that's not going to be for a long time because " We find out here that Israel does not have to have a temple in order to offer the sacrifices, and I really do believe they are going to offer some kind of sacrifice that is going to be visible or at least meaningful to them because it has to be taken away. And so when they give up it simply means that they really have given up God's way of redemption and Jesus will simply say no more, that's it and so it's equivalent to what we have here of departing out of the temple."

Daniel 12:11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.
:wave2

can i just give book , chapter and verse no. , or do i need the whole scripture ? i got a bunch . i apologize if i violated the TOS . if so please explain.

Last edited:
You have not broken TOS ... My views are going to be different then yours and i wanted you to understand it is ok to not agree or to have different views..even with staff when staff is posting as a member. part of the discussion.. .. . :)
In the ET end times forum we are a bit 'looser' then some of the others.. A&T Apologetics and Theology has some stronger guidelines ...
Posting reference numbers or post the verse your call .. You are new to computers do you have or know there are on free Bibles you can copy and paste from... i use eSword...

Yes, E-sword is wonderful. A friend introduced me to it a while back. I installed it and downloaded all the free modules. Hardly a day goes by that I don't use it!

This was the end of the age .

Jesus plainly said: The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage.

34 And Jesus answered and said to them, "The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage.
35 But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage;
36 nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.
Luke 20:34-36

The age to come, will see no more dying nor will people marry.

If people are still dying and marrying, then it is still "this age".

JLB

Wow ! I feel like a bomb ready to explode , so I might as well make a BOOM ! I love the smell of napalm in the morning . Go to Daniel 12 : 11 - 12 . These verses refer to the time just before the Great Tribulation . When Christs disciples will be blessed and do great things for God . 1290 and 1335 refer to dates . First , subtract 1290 from 1335 , we get 45 . Now , replace 1290 with 1967 and add 45 we get 2012 .Daniel 12 : 12 and Matthew 24 : 13 refer to this . This was the end of the age . Now , subtract 1290 from 1967 , we get 677 . The approximate date of the building of the Dome of the Rock Shrine This Shrine supposedly sits on top of the Most Holy Place in Gods Temple . With this Shrine in place it ended the possibility of any physical sacrifice then and now . There is much more to this , I'll save it for when the flames die down . What do you think

I know what you are getting at. We've did a similar thing and came up with the years 2018 or 2019. The thing is that 1967 is one of 3 apparent dates in the nation of Israel. There's also 1948, and any future date regarding the temple, which some believed the lunar tetrad may signify. Indeed, the time of the end is getting closer, but I do believe there has to be some things fulfilled yet one of which is more temple activity. But I can definitely see the pieces falling into place.

I always get a bit leary when useing numbers to come to biblical conclusions. Folks have used numbers to prove all kinds of things. Not saying it's all wrong, but my experience is God does not use the Number systems we like to come up with.

Yes, E-sword is wonderful. A friend introduced me to it a while back. I installed it and downloaded all the free modules. Hardly a day goes by that I don't use it!

I have had very expensive bible programs like from Bible soft and Logos............ e-sword blows them all out of the water in speed and the ability to look things up very quickly. E-sword is the best.

I use MySword for Android. It is close to e-sword, Not e-sword though.

You have not broken TOS ... My views are going to be different then yours and i wanted you to understand it is ok to not agree or to have different views..even with staff when staff is posting as a member. part of the discussion.. .. . :)
In the ET end times forum we are a bit 'looser' then some of the others.. A&T Apologetics and Theology has some stronger guidelines ...
Posting reference numbers or post the verse your call .. You are new to computers do you have or know there are on free Bibles you can copy and paste from... i use eSword...

I seem to be pretty good at messing up the TOS and apologetics and theology have gotten me baned the most over the years. I try to stay out of there, but I sometimes don't pay attention to what board I am posting on. Not until it's to late.

Those boards should be marked with big red letters and a warning buzzer sound whenever you click on them. I might make that a suggestion........ I just amaze myself at times. :)

Jesus plainly said: The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage.

34 And Jesus answered and said to them, "The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage.
But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage;
36 nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.
Luke 20:34-36

The age to come, will see no more dying nor will people marry.

If people are still dying and marrying, then it is still "this age".

JLB
folks are opting not to marry these days :tongue

I use esword too, every day. Reba I think told me about it. Great program.

I seem to be pretty good at messing up the TOS and apologetics and theology have gotten me baned the most over the years. I try to stay out of there, but I sometimes don't pay attention to what board I am posting on. Not until it's to late.

Those boards should be marked with big red letters and a warning buzzer sound whenever you click on them. I might make that a suggestion........ I just amaze myself at times. :)
:lol
You remind me of a big kid that just hasn't learn how to not be quite so blunt. I have a daughter just like that.
Gotta' love ya, Michael. :hug

I think Colonel Mustard did it in the study with a candle stick.
:biggrin

I think God already put and end to sacrifice and offering when He gave Himself as the last sacrifice, ended the first covenant, and soon after destroyed the second temple.

In the end times , they will attempt to rebuild the Temple , but according to Daniel 9 : 25 only " The street ( open square ) shall be rebuilt again and the wall ( moat ) .Even in troubled times . " Nothing says the complete temple .
Things have passed from the physical to the spiritual . We no longer need a physical temple , alter ,sacrifice , or baptism . Jesus Christ fulfilled all these . The Temple is the UNITED body of Christ , ALL believers coming together as a church . This is a spiritual temple in the end times , on earth until the return of Jesus Christ .
In Matthew 24 : 1 - 2 , Christ is not referring to the physical temple , but the spiritual temple . The stones are the Apostles , together they became the temple and eventually were thrown down . This is also a prophesy of the end times , when the Antichrist kills all the saints for not taking his mark , the saints ( stones ) are thrown down , except for a chosen few . This gives him free reign for awhile .
Concerning the Temple . Mark 14 : 58 ,Christ speaking of himself , Luke 21 : 5 , John 2 : 19 - 21 , 1 Cor 3 : 16 -17 , 1 Cor 6 :19 -20 , 2 Cor 6 : 16 - 18,
Acts 7 : 48 - 50 , Act 17: 24 -29 , 1 Peter 2 : 4 - 10 , Rev 3 : 16 - Rev 18 21 :22 .
The giving of our hearts to the Lord , daily through prayer and supplication , the giving of our lives , become our daily sacrifice . The martyrdom
of believers by the Antichrist will bring an end to the daily sacrifice and the destruction of the temple ( all believers ,saints ) , and open the door for the final three and one half years of the tribulation .
Right now the church ( temple ) is fractured . We need to come together in Christ ,alone , and rebuild the temple , forgetting denominational differences and minor points of doctrine not relating to salvation ( The Testimony of Jesus Christ is all that matters ) .
We as a united body , a united church , a temple of living stones , become representatives of God and Christ to all people ,a living witness , until God and Jesus Christ become our temple . Rev . 21 : 22 .
With a physical temple the people had no direct access to God , it was through a priest . Through Christ now we become the temple , housing
the Holy Spirit until Christ returns . Now we have direct access to God .
Concerning sacrifice . Matthew 9 : 13 , Mt 12 : 6 - 7 , Mark 12 : 33 , Romans 12 : 1 - 2 , Ephesians 5 : 2 , Hebrews 7 : 26 - 27 , Heb 8 : 3 - 6 , Heb 9 : 23 - 28 , Heb 10 : 1 - 18 , Heb 13 : 15 - 16 , 1 Peter 2 : 4 - 10 .
1 Samuel 15 : 22 , Psalm 4 : 4 - 5 , Ps 27 : 6 , Ps 50 : 8 - 15 , Ps 51 : 16 - 16 , Proverbs 21 : 3 , Jeremiah 6 : 21 - 20 , Jer 7 : 21 - 24 , Daniel 8 : 11 , Dan 9 : 27 , Dan 11 : 31 - 32 , Hosea 6 : 6 . Please pay particular attention to Jeremiah 7 : 21 - 24 , " For I did not speak to to your fathers , or command them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt , concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices . But this is what I commanded them , saying " Obey My voice , and I will be your God and you shall be my people . "
Sacrifice was never ordered by God ,but the people wanted to do it so God dictated the way . The same thing happened when they wanted a king . God said okay , but you will do it my way .

Last edited by a moderator:
According to Daniel 9 : 25 only " The street ( open square ) shall be rebuilt again and the wall ( moat ) . Even in troubled times . " Nothing says the complete temple .
Good morning Brother burning heart. I would like to address this first part of your post. I’ve got a different view of the time period referred to in Dan 9:25 as being 490 years prior to Christ. This would be the time Nehemiah went to Antaxerxas the king asking for permission to go to Jerusalem and rebuild the wall of Jerusalem.

Neh 1:3 And they said unto me, The remnant that are left of the captivity there in the province are in great affliction and reproach: the wall of Jerusalem also is broken down, and the gates thereof are burned with fire.
Neh 2:5 And I said unto the king, If it please the king, and if thy servant have found favour in thy sight, that thou wouldest send me unto Judah, unto the city of my fathers' sepulchres, that I may build it.

As to counting the time from the time of permission for Nehemiah to return to Jerusalem was 69 weeks figured as Ezekiel 4:6 tells us . . . I have appointed thee each day for a year. This leaves us from beginning in 444 BC to Jesus entering Jerusalem 483 years. After Jesus died there were 7 years left until the stoning of Stephen. If you decide to count this all out, please also be aware that Israel counted 360 days to the year instead to our 365.

No argument here, but just giving something to consider. Blessings in Christ Jesus. :wave2

:lol
You remind me of a big kid that just hasn't learn how to not be quite so blunt. I have a daughter just like that.
Gotta' love ya, Michael. :hug

I love you to sister....... Sniff... snifff. bawhahahaha

Sorry , got the passages wrong for Rev . , should have been Rev . 3 : 12 , and 21 : 22 . I really , truly didn't mean 3 : 16 . :thud
Hey Bro Eugene , may Gods love rain down on you my friend . I've never tried to figure times or dates this way , seems to confusing to me .
All of Daniel 9 : 24 - 27 seems to me to be an end time prophesy .
Ecc . 1 : 9 , " That which has been is what will be , that which is done is what will be done , and there is nothing new under the sun . "
This is telling us that God has a pattern to everything . Look at the heavens and the laws and patterns they work by . The way all life comes from the dust of the earth and returns to it , the same every time . The way of man and history . Man rises and falls by the same patterns every time . History repeats itself over and over again . Different people , different ingredients , same patterns .
Israel is a prime example . Israel followed God , defied God , faced tribulation , called out to God , and He delivered them . Now repeat the same pattern all through history up to this present day .
The way I see it , Neh 1 : 3 , 2 : 5 and Dan . 9 : 25 show us a pattern for the end times . Especially since Dan . 9 : 24 - 27 seems to be a specific prophesy of the end times .

Last edited:
Back