Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Call of Christ

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Maedchen

Hello to all of you.

God doesn't want us to isolate ourselves. For His disciples Jesus prayed, "As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world" (John 17:18).
If we isolate ourselves from others, we have no impact and demonstrate a lack of love. - I read this in a book of Billy Graham.

So I came here, out of my isolation, in order to share some thoughts with you.
I am thankful to God that He has provided this forum.

May God bless all of you.
Maedchen

Hi dear Sister Maedchen and welcome. I do hope we provide the fellowship we all need, and that you find this a place to share what God would have you give to us in Jesus' name. :wave

Thank you so much, dear Edward and dear Eugene, for your welcome.
Yes, I will want to share my testimony with you one day. But I do not yet know how to explain it.
As Eugene writes, I need to find out "what God would have me give to you in Jesus' name". Sometimes it is not easy to share the truth. But I am learning with the help of Jesus.

May God bless both of you.
Maedchen

Hello, dear Deborah and dear farouk. Thank you so much for your greetings. I am very happy to be able to be on this forum.

Dear Edward,
your kind reply above makes me once again feel the presence of the Lord's Spirit here on this forum.
And yes, all work is done unto The Lord. Trying to live that way can transform sadness into joy. I understand why you loved it when you learned that.

Thank you for your prayers, since you pray for all here 'on the board'; I definitely need your prayers.
And I'll try to pray for you, too.

I liked your avatar all the time I saw it. Is it your dog? What kind of dog? (Maybe German shepherd?)

May God bless you, dear Edward.
Maedchen

Welcome, Maedche. I'm glad you joined. I joined for fellowship. I enjoy reading the forums. I might not type much, and I don't have much free time to be here, but I really enjoy it. I hope to see you around the forums. :) God bless you.

Bless your heart sister...I know where you're coming from.

Don't be afraid to let your light shine, but also remember that we all need time to ourselves...time with God so that he can prepare us.

Graham is right when he says that if we isolate ourselves we have no impact, but is doesn't mean that we lack love. You come out and play when you're good and ready...don't feel pressured.

It's similar to the quote about giving:
2 Corinthians 9:7 Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

You'll know when the time is right...

God bless...

:adore

Welcome to CFnet! :wave

You project a beautiful heart for the Lord, and such a voice is wonderful to welcome to our community. Thanks be to God that He called you to find us. We will be blessed in having you, and I pray you are blessed as well. He is Good. :)

[MENTION=90700]Edward[/MENTION]:

Thank you, dear Edward, for answering my question.
I like your dog from what you told about him. He really seems to be like a gentleman. And I hope that no one was hurt by this coffee-table-accident. :)

I always wanted to have a dog, too. Maybe a smaller one than Thor. But I never was allowed to have one.

May God bless you and your faithful companion.
Maedchen

[MENTION=96762]God's_child[/MENTION]:

Thank you very much for your friendly welcome, dear God's_child.
I am glad that you enjoy reading the forum just like I do. I found that the various themes often help to divert my thoughts, and the kind way in which the posts are written is uplifting.
It's so nice to hear that you are here for fellowship, too.
Hoping to meet you on this site, and may God bless you, too. :wave
Maedchen

[MENTION=92785]CORE[/MENTION]:

Thank you for your nice reply, dear brother. Your post was like balm for my heart.
Yes, we all need some time to ourselves and to the quiet and gentle relationship with our dear Lord.

Only I am not so sure if isolating ourselves might yet mean that we lack love. At least if it is achieved by running away from the circumstances of life that are not bearable any longer, and thus leaving behind persons who might have needed us a bit longer. This kind of isolation could be viewed as very selfish, don't you think so?
That question is on my mind a lot.

May God bless you also, dear brother.
Maedchen

[MENTION=24785]Mike[/MENTION]:

Dear Mike, I am truly blessed by your kind welcome. Actually I feel that I do not deserve it.
Your words were written with the love of Christ, far beyond what I would be worth of having been told.

I am already blessed by being part of your wonderful community here on this forum. And yes, our dear Lord is so Good.
He never forsakes us, even when we do not feel His presence sometimes. - I just have been in Billy Graham's Library in NC, where old crusade speeches of him were shown. One statement was very helpful for me. He said that in those times when we do not feel anything of God's presence, He might be closer to us than ever.

May God be always close to you and bless your work as an administrator of this site with His rewards.
Maedchen

Only I am not so sure if isolating ourselves might yet mean that we lack love. At least if it is achieved by running away from the circumstances of life that are not bearable any longer, and thus leaving behind persons who might have needed us a bit longer. This kind of isolation could be viewed as very selfish, don't you think so? That question is on my mind a lot.

Ya, lately that question has also been on my mind a lot...

I'm sure there are cases where it would be selfish and cases where it wouldn't be...and I'm sure we could find scripture that justifies both - either leaving or staying...

Some decisions can be hard, maybe even a bit confusing...but a former pastor of mine taught that any decision we make is satisfying to God when we are consistently living by His Will for us...

So what is God's Will for us?

1 - That we be saved

1 Timothy 2:3-4
This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

2 - To be Spirit-filled

Ephesians 5:17-18
Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is. Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit

3 - to be Sanctified

1 Thessalonians 4:3-7
For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality; that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor, not in the passion of lust like the Gentiles who do not know God; that no one transgress and wrong his brother in this matter, because the Lord is an avenger in all these things, as we told you beforehand and solemnly warned you. For God has not called us for impurity, but in holiness.

4 - To be Submissive

1 Peter 2:13-15
Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human authority: whether to the emperor, as the supreme authority, or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right. For it is God’s will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish people.

5 - Suffering
Philippians 1:29
For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe in him, but also to suffer for him

2 Timothy 3:12
In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted

psalm 37:4 says, "Delight yourself in the Lord; and He will give you the desires of your heart."

If we are continuously living by the five ways listed above, I believe God will put desires in us that reflect His Will...Therefore, we can be confident that in whatever we do, it pleases God.

So I guess the hard part really isn't making the decision to either run away or stay, but rather to continuously live by the Will of God so that you can do whatever you want without guilt or regret.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only I am not so sure if isolating ourselves might yet mean that we lack love. At least if it is achieved by running away from the circumstances of life that are not bearable any longer, and thus leaving behind persons who might have needed us a bit longer. This kind of isolation could be viewed as very selfish, don't you think so?
That question is on my mind a lot.
Dear Sister Maedchen, I do not know if you can relate to Abram's situation but we read in Gen 12:1 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee. God directs our steps as He leads us in paths of righteousness. I do believe you will know the time. God bless you in Jesus' name.

Ya, lately that question has also been on my mind a lot...

I'm sure there are cases where it would be selfish and cases where it wouldn't be...and I'm sure we could find scripture that justifies both - either leaving or staying...

Some decisions can be hard, maybe even a bit confusing...but a former pastor of mine taught that any decision we make is satisfying to God when we are consistently living by His Will for us...

So what is God's Will for us?

1 - That we be saved

1 Timothy 2:3-4
This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

2 - To be Spirit-filled

Ephesians 5:17-18
Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is. Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit

3 - to be Sanctified

1 Thessalonians 4:3-7
For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality; that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor, not in the passion of lust like the Gentiles who do not know God; that no one transgress and wrong his brother in this matter, because the Lord is an avenger in all these things, as we told you beforehand and solemnly warned you. For God has not called us for impurity, but in holiness.

4 - To be Submissive

1 Peter 2:13-15
Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human authority: whether to the emperor, as the supreme authority, or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right. For it is God’s will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish people.

5 - Suffering
Philippians 1:29
For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe in him, but also to suffer for him

2 Timothy 3:12
In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted

psalm 37:4 says, "Delight yourself in the Lord; and He will give you the desires of your heart."

If we are continuously living by the five ways listed above, I believe God will put desires in us that reflect His Will...Therefore, we can be confident that in whatever we do, it pleases God.

So I guess the hard part really isn't making the decision to either run away or stay, but rather to continuously live by the Will of God so that you can do whatever you want without guilt or regret.
Dear brother CORE,

thank you. Your former pastor gave you a good framework for living in God's Will. Thank you for sharing it here.
So in conclusion, points 4 and 5 ("To be submissive" and "Suffering") direct a decision rather to staying than to run away. Because both points can be more accomplished by staying, than by breaking chains.

Also that might be the very essence of the verse you quoted from Phil. 1:29. Believing in Christ might be too superficial, whereas suffering for Him might manifest our faith.

May God bless you.
Maedchen

Dear Sister Maedchen, I do not know if you can relate to Abram's situation but we read in Gen 12:1 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee. God directs our steps as He leads us in paths of righteousness. I do believe you will know the time. God bless you in Jesus' name.
Dear brother Eugene,

thank you. Yes, Abram was a perfect example of a "friend of God" as he was called. He trusted in God's providence.
I thank you for this reminder.

May God bless you, too, in Jesus' name.
Maedchen

I just read another statement from Billy Graham:
"The opposite of love isn't hate. It's selfishness."
He established that thesis on John 15:12, where Jesus said, "Love one another as I have loved you."

So maybe the attitude of Saint Francis of Assisi's prayer might be the answer to the question whether to stay or to run away:
"O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
To be consoled as to console,
To be understood as to understand,
To be loved as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
It is in dying that we are born to eternal life!"

Back