Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Cost of a Soul - Mathew 16:26

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Classik

What does a soul cost? Mathew 16:26 makes it clear that the human sould is important to HIM and is priceless.

I wonder how often we try to protect such treasure, mine or even my friend's.

It is also true that although the soul is priceless...some trade it for something totally worthless.

What does a soul cost? Mathew 16:26 makes it clear that the human sould is important to HIM and is priceless.
I wonder how often we try to protect such treasure, mine or even my friend's.
It is also true that although the soul is priceless...some trade it for something totally worthless.

Peter had just tried to save Yeshua's Life --- and people by the 3rd century were being told they didn't have to lose their life to follow Yeshua..... but His Word never changed __>>

"Matthew 16:23-26Expanded Bible (EXB)
23 Then Jesus turned and said to Peter, “·Go away from [Get behind] me, Satan! You are ·not helping [an obstacle/stumbling block to] me! You ·don’t care about [are not setting your mind on/thinking about] the things of God, but only ·about the things people think are important [on/about human concerns].”

24 Then Jesus said to his ·followers [disciples], “If ·people want [L anyone wants] to follow me, they must ·give up the things they want [deny themselves; turn from selfishness; set aside their own interests]. They must ·be willing even to give up their lives to [L take up their cross and] follow me. 25 Those who want to save their lives will ·give up true life [L lose their life/soul; C Greek psychē can mean “life” or “soul,” producing this play on words], and those who ·give up [lose; sacrifice] their lives for ·me [my sake] will ·have true life [find life]. 26 ·It is worthless [What good/profit/benefit is it…?] to ·have [gain] the whole world if they ·lose [forfeit] their souls. ·They could never pay enough [L Or what could they give…?] ·to buy back [in exchange for] their souls.

Expanded Bible (EXB)
The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved."

k9 safe search "soul" -ish
"Acts 2:42-47 ESV - The Fellowship of the Believers - And ...
And awe came upon every soul, ... being done through the apostles. 44 And all who believed were together and had all things in common...."

"Ezekiel 18:4 ESV - Behold, all souls are mine; the soul of ...
Behold, all souls are mine; the soul of the father as well as the soul of the son is mine: the soul who sins shall die. .... "

Ezekiel 13:18 - Bible Gateway - BibleGateway.com
18 and say, ‘Thus saith the Lord God: Woe to the women who sew pillows to all armholes and make kerchiefs upon the head of those of every stature to hunt souls!

buy and sell men's souls >
Revelation 18:11-13Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
11 The world’s businessmen weep and mourn over her, because no one is buying their merchandise any more — 12 stocks of gold and silver, gems and pearls, fine linen and purple, silk and scarlet, all rare woods, all ivory goods, all kinds of things made of scented wood, brass, iron and marble; 13 cinnamon, cardamom, incense, myrrh, frankincense, wine, oil, flour, grain, cattle, sheep, horses, chariots — and bodies — and people’s souls.

Back