Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

the CS Lewis quote, "He's either a lunatic, liar, or Lord."

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I'm hoping someone can help me. It's about knowing something you don't know. How do you do it? In particular, C.S. Lewis posed the problem of deciding who Jesus is, he's either 1. a madman, 2. a liar (demonic) or 3. who he says he is (true). I know what wanting to be true is about, and so I want to believe in what is true. I don't want to be on the side of a madman or a liar. I want someone who is holy and true.

For some reason, I struggle with this. I struggle with putting my faith in someone who you can't know if they're demonic or truthful inside their most inner being. The terrible thing about demons is that they can appear as an angel of light. They can produce miracles, raise the dead, act nice and good.. they mix truth with lies so that you don't know where they stand while they are putting on a "light" show. In other words, while they are acting good and promoting their truthful part, hiding the demonic part, you can't tell the difference between them and someone who is truthful through and through. And I haven't come to peace yet with this struggle about Jesus.

I know Jesus fulfilled all prophecy about himself, that he did miracles, that he raised himself to life after his death. But my enemy wants to say that Jesus played the whole part in order to trick us in the end, and laugh at our worship of holiness and truth. I hate this, and it really bothers me.

Part of me wonders if that's what faith is for.. that I actively put my faith in Jesus willingly, my trust in him wholly, letting myself be vulnerable to Jesus. I'm very confused about my feelings, my faith, and my logical sense of thinking and reasoning truth out. Does anyone have a similar struggle???

I've thought about the possible fact that there may be no definitive answer for me, and then my enemy comes in to say I'm eternally lost, having somehow blasphemed the Spirit of God. I have not declared Jesus is demonic, or concluded it. I only struggle with the fact that I can't rest my mind and prove that he isn't. I hold onto him as best I can, trying to believe the principle that Jesus is true.

Can anyone help me??

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back