Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The CURSE OF THE LAW

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
M

Mitspa

Gal 3:10-13
For as many as are under the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written "CURSED IS EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT CONTINUE IN ALL THINGS WHICH ARE WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF THE LAW, TO DO THEM"

This is the main subject of the book of Galatians. That those who had been freely justified by the grace of God, and given the free gift of righteousness. Had now turned back into the written code, and to attempts to justify themselves by parts of the law.
Pauls point was that if you try to keep any part of the written code, you are subject to keep it all. And in this effort to earn, what God only gives by faith, a man has turned from the blessing of Abraham unto the curse of the law.
Take notice that it is ALL THAT IS WRITTEN- EVERY JOT AND TITTLE!
So this is Pauls point from the begining of this epistle. If any man preach another gospel other than His Gospel, they are ANATHEMA
Those who teach the law and legalism are in fact "anathema" They are the "cursed" children of 2 Pet 2:14

For as many as are under the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written "CURSED IS EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT CONTINUE IN ALL THINGS WHICH ARE WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF THE LAW, TO DO THEM"

This is the main subject of the book of Galatians. That those who had been freely justified by the grace of God, and given the free gift of righteousness. Had now turned back into the written code, and to attempts to justify themselves by parts of the law.
Pauls point was that if you try to keep any part of the written code, you are subject to keep it all. And in this effort to earn, what God only gives by faith, a man has turned from the blessing of Abraham unto the curse of the law.
So this is Pauls point from the begining of this epistle. If any man preach another gospel other than His Gospel, they are ANATHEMA
Those who teach the law and legalism are in fact "anathema" They are the "cursed" children of 2 Pet 2:14

Well, that's good news because I've been eyeing up my neighbor's wife, or is the seventh commandment still in effect? :lol

Yashua became a curse for us. We are obligated to follow the mandates of the Law as a standard of righteousness, but when we fail, his death covers us instead of our being stoned to death. Then we pick ourselves up, whether seven times or seventy times seven, and with Yahweh's help try again. It does not add righteousness, I'm aware, but if we take the attitude that "it no longer matters what we do" then we're headed for a shipwreck.

Well if one a "believer" is looking to another mans wife? They not breaking the law of moses but the law of Christ.
No man can be in faith and honor the Lord Jesus and have eyes full of adultry.
This most likely is from the sinful passions aroused by those who are under the law. For the strength of sin is the law.
One who is walking free from the law of sin and death, has entered into the law of the Spirit of life in Christ.
For sin will not have dominon over you because you are not under law but under grace.
It could be the curse of the law has caused these sinful passions and desires?

Well if one a "believer" is looking to another mans wife? They not breaking the law of moses but the law of Christ.
This most likely is from the sinful passions aroused by those who are under the law. For the strength of sin is the law.
One who is walking free from the law of sin and death, has entered into the law of the Spirit of life in Christ.
For sin will not have dominon over you because you are not under law but under grace.

So, where did the Law of Christ come from? He expanded on the Law of Moses,i.e. one was not only to refrain form the act of adultery, but even the thoughts. I think Paul makes it clear in Romans that the Law is spiritual, he was carnal. So, no, it's not done away with as the standard. It's that it's powerless to save one since the the keeping of it depends on one's self power.

We are often told to please Christ and live righteously. But one cannot do that unless they have a frame of reference to define what is good and bad. And then, with the Spirit in addition, we also understand the motivation and essence behind the rules the Law lays down.

It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and such sexual immorality as is not even named among the Gentiles--that a man has his father's wife! 2 And you are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he who has done this deed might be taken away from among you. 3 For I indeed, as absent in body but present in spirit, have already judged (as though I were present) him who has so done this deed. 4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when you are gathered together, along with my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5 deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus. 1 Corinthians 5:1-5

The Law of Moses says to stone such a one to death.

I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. 10 Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. 11 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner--not even to eat with such a person. 1 Corinthians 5:9-11

Moses Law makes no provision such as what Paul writes to the Church.

We are governed by the Eternal Commandments of God's Kingdom.

Which in many cases are more strict than the Law of Moses.

However people act and conduct themselves in Heaven, is what God expects from us on Earth.

JLB

Pauls point was that if you try to keep any part of the written code...
Law keeping for the purpose of trying to justified...

(Just magnifying the point so no one misunderstands.)

This is the main subject of the book of Galatians. That those who had been freely justified by the grace of God, and given the free gift of righteousness. Had now turned back into the written code...
Someone who has been justified by faith in Christ really can walk away from that faith they had in Christ and be lost.

And then, with the Spirit in addition, we also understand the motivation and essence behind the (keeping of the) rules the Law lays down.
I took the liberty of adding the parenthetical to make more clear what you're trying to say.

The motivation and essence you speak of for keeping and upholding the requirements of the law is the love, joy, peace, patience, self-control, forgiveness, etc., at work in us by the Holy Spirit. When we choose to submit to these impulses the requirements of the law get met.

The scriptures are clear that those who look to the written code are in fact producing sinful desires within there own flesh. The strength of sin is the law. So the answer to sin is not the written code. For sin will not have dominion over you because you are not under law but under grace.

So it is a rejection of the gospel and the grace of God, that causes these sinful desires.
If the fact that Christ came to redeem us from a law we could not keep, makes some want to sin? Then they very well may not understand what it means that through the law we die to the law.
If some see the gospel as a excuse to walk in their flesh? They probably have been taught a false gospel? Or have been taught a mixed gospel of law and grace.

Law keeping for the purpose of trying to justified...

(Just magnifying the point so no one misunderstands.)

Someone who has been justified by faith in Christ really can walk away from that faith they had in Christ and be lost.
According to Paul those who turn back to the written code have done this very thing.
Gal 5:4
You have been cut off from Christ, you who seek to be justified by the law, you have fallen from grace.

So at one point they were "justified freely by His Grace" now they are seeking to be justified by the written code.

They have rejected Gods Righteousness and are going about to esatblish their own.

As 2 Pet 2:21-22 says? They have turn from the WAY OF RIGHTEOUSNESS! Having been washed by the water of the gospel, they have turned to wallow in their own sins.

I took the liberty of adding the parenthetical to make more clear what you're trying to say.

The motivation and essence you speak of for keeping and upholding the requirements of the law is the love, joy, peace, patience, self-control, forgiveness, etc., at work in us by the Holy Spirit. When we choose to submit to these impulses the requirements of the law get met.

Exactly! :yes

Some Christian leaders teach the flock to observ and practice some rules of the Law inmersing them in curse, in sin, in a poor spiritual life, a life in the flesh and a powerless pray. And they teach to observ and practice those rules of the Law promising blessings from God and menacing them in case of not practicing.

Well it is biblically impossible to use the written code to judge and also be in the Spirit.
For the scriptures make it very clear that those who are under the written code are in fact in the flesh. That only by faith can one walk in the spirit, and the law is not of faith.

Some Christian leaders teach the flock to observ and practice some rules of the Law inmersing them in curse, in sin, in a poor spiritual life, a life in the flesh and a powerless pray. And they teach to observ and practice those rules of the Law promising blessings from God and menacing them in case of not practicing.
This is exacly what 2 Pet 2:14-19 is speaking of. Those who curse Gods people for their own gain and bring Gods people into a spirit of bonage again to fear.
The tithe is a perfect example of those who promote the law and bondage in order to reap the fruits of unrighteousness.

Paul makes this point YOU WHO DESIRE TO BE UNDER THE LAW, DO YOU NOT HEAR THE LAW?

The law is a whole it cannot be broken it parts and one just gets to pick out what part one desires. It is every jot and tittle or nothing. Now if one looks to any part of the law, to keep it, then one is required to keep it all.
This is the Lords point when He says not one jot or tittle would pass until it is ALL FULFILLED.
Those who claim they are upholding the law, yet do not uphold all the law? Are in fact deceiving themselves and others.

No only those of us, who have died to the law, uphold its standard and have been set free from sin.
Now any man that teaches that a "believer" is under any part of the written code is in fact putting the believer under the curse of the law.
Read Duet. 28 and see the curse of the law. Its sentence is so harsh that I decided not to post it. For I do not desire that any should be cursed, nor does the Lord. But those who live by the sword (of the letter) will perish by the same sword.

I take it you mean tithing.

Granted, tithing was given in the old testament.

However, we see giving to support those whom God has raised up to shepherd His people as a New Testament practice.

We also see Abraham tithe as well.

If you are not referring to tithing, then please forgive me.

JLB

However, we see giving to support those whom God has raised up to shepherd His people as a New Testament practice.

JLB

I find I usally agree with you JLB, but you can not find one scripture in the NT that agrees with your post.
In fact what you find is that God does not desire that one would give from the motives of that which the law demanded.
2 Cor 9:7

All those who teach the tithe of the law, are in fact teaching and laying to yoke and curse of the law upon others.

Now I believe in giving and even would use Abrahams example of the tithe as that of giving in faith. But anytime the condition of given according to law is laid upon believers, this is error and this is NOT GIVING IN FAITH.

JLB

I find I usally agree with you JLB, but you can not find one scripture in the NT that agrees with your post.
In fact what you find is that God does not desire that one would give from the motives of that which the law demanded.

All those who teach the tithe of the law, are in fact teaching and laying to yoke and curse of the law upon others.

Now I believe in giving and even would use Abrahams example of the tithe as that of giving in faith. But anytime the condition of given according to law is laid upon believers, this is error and this is NOT GIVING IN FAITH.

Please show me in my post where I said one should give from the motives of that which the law demanded or where I teach the tithe of the law.

I gave Abraham as an example of tithing.

My emphasis is in giving
as a New Testament practice.

Again, Abraham and a New Testament way of giving.

JLB

JLB

Please show me in my post where I said one should give from the motives of that which the law demanded or where I teach the tithe of the law.

My emphasis is in giving

JLB

Oops! please forgive me brother? I read your post wrong!

Very sorry, have a blessed day!

My emphasis is in giving

JLB

Oops! please forgive me brother? I read your post wrong!

Very sorry, have a blessed day!

Keep up the good work!

JLB

the biblical word "law" indicates two things:

- the Holy Law of (the) faith,
and
- the human religion

the Holy Law of (the) faith is not a curse of itself, but every spiritual/religious human who does spiritual/religious iniquity can thus incur a curse (to itself) because the Holy Law has "said": "Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain(i.e. you must not use the faith against the Will of the true Lord God i.e. for unrighteous purpose(s)); for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain(i.e. because God will not regard as sinless any spiritual/religious person who does spiritual/religious iniquity)."(Exodus 20:7), and this curse lies exactly in the human religion which is the other side of the so-called "law" in the Bible, because the spiritual administration(i.e. the "tree of the knowledge of good and evil") has from the beginning been forbidden to the humans, for it can only be a sin to the humans, since the human capacity is infinitesimal/evanescent as opposed to the true God, because the human has been made to be only user, not a spiritual administrator(God), for there can be only a single God in the boundless universe

Matthew 6:24 "No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other."

that is why the right faith comes from the true God, while there could be also a human(666) spirituality/religion which is not of the true God, the right faith is the entirely good, and the wrong is more or less bad

James 3:1-18 "My brethren, be not many masters(i.e. don't be gods/spiritual masters), knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation(viz. in case we become/are proud in the faith). For in many things we offend all(viz. if we should be spiritual administrators/operators/rulers). If any man offend not in word(i.e. in the faith), the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body. Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body. Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth. Even so the tongue(i.e. the human faith) is a little member, and boasteth great things(i.e. but could bring great ills). Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth(i.e. how a little fire could kindle a large amount of wood)! And the tongue(i.e. and the human faith) is a fire(i.e. is a power), a world of iniquity(i.e. a whole world of spiritual/religious iniquity): so is the tongue(i.e. the human faith) among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature(i.e. and turns/reverses the course of nature/life into vitiation/death); and it is set on fire of hell(i.e. on power/spirit of the "darkness"). For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind: But the tongue(i.e. but the human faith/spirituality/religion) can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison(i.e. contamination). Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude(i.e. after the Will) of God. Out of the same mouth(i.e. out of the same source) proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be. Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter? Can the fig tree(viz. the forbidden "tree"), my brethren, bear olive berries(viz. fruits of life)? either a vine(viz. a normal/good human), figs(viz. fruits of evil)? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh. Who is a wise(i.e. a religious) man and endued with knowledge(i.e. with sanity) among you? let him shew out of a good conversation(also: good attitude/treatment) his works with meekness of wisdom(i.e. with the good side of faith). But if ye have bitter envying(also: pride/wrath) and strife(also: intrigue) in your hearts(i.e. in your faith/spirituality/religion), glory not, and lie not against the truth. This wisdom(i.e. because such a faith/spirituality/religion) descendeth not from above, but is earthly(i.e. but is human(666)), sensual(i.e. occult), devilish(also: foul). For where envying and strife is(viz. in the faith), there is confusion and every evil work. But the wisdom(i.e. the faith) that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated(i.e. easy to be brought), full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality(i.e. without unrighteousness/inequality/iniquity), and without hypocrisy(i.e. and without judgment after the flesh/evil/looks/face). And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace."

Blessings

Last edited by a moderator:
Back