Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Da Vinci Code

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Thanks relic and others....

Here is another comprehensive review and critique by J. P. Holding of The DaVinci Code

http://www.tektonics.org/davincicrude.htm
and
http://answers.org/issues/davincicode.html

Concluding remarks:

JP Holding said:
Brown is not the first to propose that Christianity is a vast conspiracy by the Vatican and/or others to hoodwink the world about the true Jesus. He will not be the last. What is surprising is not that he would boldly label “FACT†what has been so totally refuted by the evidence. What is surprising is that our culture is so ill-equipped so as not to be able to discern fact from fiction, misinformed about Christianity, woefully ignorant of history, and clueless about the Bible – its origin, composition, preservation, and translation. This novel is based on such flimsy fabrication that if it used any other setting – an ethnic neighborhood, a police investigation, an environmental conservation movement, for example – no one would be able to suspend disbelief long enough to enjoy the story. That millions of people are not turned off by the lack of authenticity in The DaVinci Code is more than surprisingâ€â€it is sad. That critics and even news media are so gullible is more than revealing about the state of our cultureâ€â€it reveals the tragic truth that our culture is in need of rediscovering Truth.

:-?

I was at the dentist awhile back and I overheard one of the dental assistants talking about the book. From what I heard, she is very anti-Christian and in conclusion she said she liked the book. That's really all I know about it or have heard. It sort of left me disinterested to say the least.

Back