Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Death Penalty

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
let me see cheaper yes but you decide. life in solitary confiment as you are convicted rapist , pedophile and or child killer.

I spent some time in a max, and I can't say that spending life there would be something to look forward to. If you do the crime though, then as they say be willing to do the time. If you want to take your own life, then some meet hell just a bit faster. If you give your life to Jesus, then believe God to get put in a Medium security prison where you can witness and share the Word more. No matter how you slice it though, committing crimes worth Life or the death penalty is going to cost you big time, even your own life on earth.

I would like to see the Death penalty taken off the table though. It's very costly, It is not what Jesus said about an eye for a eye, and you can execute someone innocent. The death penalty is no deterrent to any crime, or life in prison, so best to go the cheap route which would be life.

Another reason is that Romans 13 says for Conscience sake.

Dragging family's in year, after year, then a decade later at all the motions to dismiss, appeals, and what not, brings no closer. A person is executed 20 years later, and some of the victim family members have already died without that final verdict. You also have family members have a change of heart and want to forgive, but it's to late. The state don't care. Often times the death 20 years later of the convict is just empty and it brings back what the family lost.

The only down side I see is that the Death penalty is a bargain chip in some rare cases. Show us where the bodies are and help the family bury their loved one, then we take the death penalty off the table.

Mike.

life in solitary confimen . .
no rec time as well they riot a lot . .
I choose death, as quick as possible.
Are you and Jodi Arias related? Before changing her mind she recently said:

"The worst outcome for me would be natural life. I would much rather die sooner than later," "I don't want to spend the rest of my natural life in one place. I am pretty healthy. I don't smoke, and I would probably live a long time."

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/05/31/arias-faq-will-new-jury-see-her-post-verdict-interview

It amazes me how many endure death row for years; must be the good food and entertainment.

in my case and argument there wouldn't be that long of a wait. one appeal and execution upon conviction.No I know something about correction facilities. its not Christ like to say this but they are well animals. yes god saves them too and died for them but until they are saved they act as such.

in my case and argument there wouldn't be that long of a wait. one appeal and execution upon conviction.No I know something about correction facilities. its not Christ like to say this but they are well animals. yes god saves them too and died for them but until they are saved they act as such.
Maybe people act like animals because society removes them from their lives, takes their self control away, monitors them constantly, strips them down to little to any possessions, and them confines all these people that have already shown to have sociopathic problems in the same location where due to human psychology and sociology makes them create a new social order/ society?

Just saying, expecting prison culture to be the same as every day culture is kind of short cited.

let me see cheaper yes but you decide. life in solitary confiment as you are convicted rapist , pedophile and or child killer.

I spent some time in a max, and I can't say that spending life there would be something to look forward to. If you do the crime though, then as they say be willing to do the time. If you want to take your own life, then some meet hell just a bit faster. If you give your life to Jesus, then believe God to get put in a Medium security prison where you can witness and share the Word more. No matter how you slice it though, committing crimes worth Life or the death penalty is going to cost you big time, even your own life on earth.

I would like to see the Death penalty taken off the table though. It's very costly, It is not what Jesus said about an eye for a eye, and you can execute someone innocent. The death penalty is no deterrent to any crime, or life in prison, so best to go the cheap route which would be life.

Another reason is that Romans 13 says for Conscience sake.

Dragging family's in year, after year, then a decade later at all the motions to dismiss, appeals, and what not, brings no closer. A person is executed 20 years later, and some of the victim family members have already died without that final verdict. You also have family members have a change of heart and want to forgive, but it's to late. The state don't care. Often times the death 20 years later of the convict is just empty and it brings back what the family lost.

The only down side I see is that the Death penalty is a bargain chip in some rare cases. Show us where the bodies are and help the family bury their loved one, then we take the death penalty off the table.

Mike.
so cops shouldn't carry guns? and detain and restrain with force? if guy with a knife wants to kill you and you are a cop stop him with lethal force.? is that not in violation of that eye for eye teaching? then if no. then what is the difference tween execution and well the above aka summary execution?
and well you take that out of context with the eye for eye. the jews were doing the torah wrong. the context was a judgement tween two jews in the isreal and they took that idea and were using it on the romans who treated them wrong.i should do a thread in the focus on scriptures on eye for an eye . I have myriads of reason why I think our justice system Is a joke. ever wonder why during elections the judges jail everyone and then once they win the don't jail as much?its so that they look good!

no, mbs. my state pays for those"animals" education if they want to and show themselves willing to listen to the guards. this includes serial rapists. pedophiles and also other heinous criminals who are or are NOT on life. I know. as my soldier a CAPTIAN in the florida correctional system told me of this and his boss also spoke about it. they try to rehab all those who will be realeased first.
while I understand that and don't mind it. I do see that this may encourage a crime.most of your violent crime victims in the state of florida are excons who are victims of another criminal.

no, mbs. my state pays for those"animals" education if they want to and show themselves willing to listen to the guards. this includes serial rapists. pedophiles and also other heinous criminals

I did not mention it the first time, but that is the second time you mentioned Rapists, and pedophiles. I assume those sins are things you consider the blood not able to cover? and those animals you mentioned are actually people that the Lord died for. God never made people to be animals, right?

Mike.

read my posts again. I said they are animals if they aren't saved. I know I also broke the law , used and abused my parents. does that mean im not a devil because god love me and I haven't repented? yes, I was a devil unto the day I repented. that is the context.

post 23

note the last sentence!

Maybe people act like animals because society removes them from their lives, takes their self control away, monitors them constantly, strips them down to little to any possessions, and them confines all these people that have already shown to have sociopathic problems in the same location where due to human psychology and sociology makes them create a new social order/ society?

Just saying, expecting prison culture to be the same as every day culture is kind of short cited.

Thinking murderers,rapist and other violent criminals should keep the right to live in the everyday culture is kind of stupid...they lived in it before and obviously had no appreciation for it

Thinking murderers,rapist and other violent criminals should keep the right to live in the everyday culture is kind of stupid...they lived in it before and obviously had no appreciation for it
Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers.

Romans 13:2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. Are we to speed even once? Don't you have appreciation of our everyday culture? What should be done with you? ;)

Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers.

Romans 13:2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. Are we to speed even once? Don't you have appreciation of our everyday culture? What should be done with you? ;)

Foolish questions I have time or answers for....off topic,irrelevant and pointless....one would think that on a "Christian" forum justice for those who take innocent lives would receive a bit more respect.

Once again, you are trying to portray something I never said. I only mentioned a variable that would constitute Jason's point of prisoners acting like wild animals.

There is actually a very famous sociology experiment where normal people where taken off the street or volunteered to be imprisoned or made prison guards. The same type of society formed amongst normal people who where imprisoned. The variable that changed was that society was removed. You remove the very thing that makes us civilized, and control of major aspects of life, then people resort to barbarism.

Once again, you are trying to portray something I never said. I only mentioned a variable that would constitute Jason's point of prisoners acting like wild animals.

There is actually a very famous sociology experiment where normal people where taken off the street or volunteered to be imprisoned or made prison guards. The same type of society formed amongst normal people who where imprisoned. The variable that changed was that society was removed. You remove the very thing that makes us civilized, and control of major aspects of life, then people resort to barbarism.

So the penalty for violating the laws of society should be having society welcome you with open arms...sociology experiments have nothing to do with people burying their loved ones...you have simply repeated yourself.

I used to be for it all the way. Still am a bit. But now, that has changed due to the fact, that everybody was made from God. Even people who are not law abiding citizens. As we are to love our enemies regardless. But also feel they need to have a death penalty. And like one poster post, they would support it for serial killers like Gacy, Bundy, or Dahmer. But it also will save society from having murderers murder again.

I don't even have to go to prison to see men act like animals.in the poorest section of my county theres a lot of dog fighting, crime and pot use and also prostitution. it is human to enslave to traffic humans? we have had to two rings busted in my county. one ring was smuggling people into America the other was doing the same but had them carry drugs. either way its still trafficking humans as in slavery! yup real humane and un animal like.

So the penalty for violating the laws of society should be having society welcome you with open arms...
:screwloose yeah that is totaly what I said and definately not you projecting some extreme position onto me.
sociology experiments have nothing to do with people burying their loved ones...you have simply repeated yourself.
Burying loved one had nothing to do with what Jason or I was talking about. Whatever you'll manipulate this as well. :biggrin

So the penalty for violating the laws of society should be having society welcome you with open arms...
:screwloose yeah that is totaly what I said and definately not you projecting some extreme position onto me.
sociology experiments have nothing to do with people burying their loved ones...you have simply repeated yourself.
Burying loved one had nothing to do with what Jason or I was talking about. Whatever you'll manipulate this as well. :biggrin

The subject of the thread is the death penalty,people receive it for committing murder and chances are the one murdered was loved by somebody.....simple enough for you.The subject of the thread is not about egg heads and their idiotic "studies" that result in the so called "justice" system we have today where someone can kill your whole family and you wind up paying for their food,clothing,shelter,amusements and free medical care for life.

Just a general note: Let's keep comments directed to the issue at hand (the death penalty) and not to other members. Keep comments respectful.

:topictotopic

There is nothing unbiblical about the death penalty. Any nation's government has the authority, given to them by God, to wield the sword. Both the OT and the NT support the right of governments to put to death people who commit serious crimes.

That said, I don't support the death penalty any longer... at least not how it goes down here in America. Generally, it's a matter of whether or not the accused can get a decent lawyer. If so, rarely is the dp handed down. When not, often times innocent people can be convicted. As for it being swift, I'm rather glad it's not. It blows the mind away, how many people have been released from prision now that DNA has been able to prove beyond doubt that they were not guilty of the crimes they committed. I don't have a problem putting to death someone who clearly has committed the crime, admits to it (brags about it even), or their DNA is all over the scene, or they have the audacity to film themselves doing it... but other than that, no. Life in prison protects society and always gives the opportunity to release someone wrongly accused.

[MENTION=89648]Meatballsub[/MENTION] I remember the experiment you referred to. The Stanford Prison experiment. It's pretty chilling to think that any one of us, ordinary, decent people, can quickly devolve into something not quite so decent, when we strip humanity away from others.

I don't have a problem putting to death someone who clearly has committed the crime, admits to it (brags about it even), or their DNA is all over the scene, or they have the audacity to film themselves doing it... but other than that, no. Life in prison protects society and always gives the opportunity to release someone wrongly accused.

Point I have been trying to make. To murder just one, just one that is innocent should be enough to remove the Death Penalty and not make that final mistake where we put to death someone innocent.
Someone that finds Jesus in Prison (Like I did right before going) is innocent!!! No matter the crime committed and they don't deserve death.

There are secular reasons for not having the Death Penalty. Like the extreme cost, Family's of victims having to wait, and wait, and wait, then have the law over turned, then reinstated again for the death penalty. It is not fair to the family's of the victims and it does not bring any finality like a life sentence would with but one appeal.

read my posts again. I said they are animals if they aren't saved.

Jas_3:9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.

So your saying God is like the likeness of an animal? I hope your not in any type of ministry to the lost (animals). Might want to be a vet or something. Just say'in. When I Prison I looked at the worse, and I mean stories that would most just sick. Against children, the amounts of blood, and I won't go on. I looked at each one as someone My Lord died for, and not some animal.

Mike.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back