Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The decline of Subway... What happened?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
We up town in bama now , got a Publix about 30 min from me :biggrin2.
Tuesday is sushi special day , or is it Wednesday :chin .
They are from Lakeland,Florida and until about the mid 90s were only in Florida .I gave shopped at one in Thomasville, Moultrie

Not like they used to be .the baggers would load your car .
They will if you ask them to , at least they have helped us . My wife will sometimes ride one of their electric scooters and they follower us to the car to bring back the scooter .

What I have found about workers in a store their attitude toward customers is affected by how much the management cares about this . If the managers don't care , LOOK OUT the workers will be awful too ,in most cases .

Around where I live, all of the Subways are run by immigrant folk who remove all employees not like them and then begin to take a...casual view of cleanliness and stint on product. In these overtaken Subways, I have watched flies swarming around the sandwich-prep area as the "sandwich artists" slopped soggy tomatoes and lettuce onto bread customers didn't want because they had "run out" of the other kinds, with cold disinterest shoving the "food" they were preparing along a prep board that looked about as sanitary as the floor. The last time I entered a Subway, I walked right out, sandwich-less, after the Pakistani girl making the subs couldn't understand why flies crawling all over the food product was an issue for me. Yikes.

Around where I live, all of the Subways are run by immigrant folk who remove all employees not like them and then begin to take a...casual view of cleanliness and stint on product. In these overtaken Subways, I have watched flies swarming around the sandwich-prep area as the "sandwich artists" slopped soggy tomatoes and lettuce onto bread customers didn't want because they had "run out" of the other kinds, with cold disinterest shoving the "food" they were preparing along a prep board that looked about as sanitary as the floor. The last time I entered a Subway, I walked right out, sandwich-less, after the Pakistani girl making the subs couldn't understand why flies crawling all over the food product was an issue for me. Yikes.
Video and report to health authorities , maybe ? I mean if it would do any good , I know nothing of how things operate where you are at . You could forget you were even hungry after the experience you had , YIKES ! For Sure .

I dunno 🤷‍♂️

Competition. Changing tastes. Changing market dynamics. Survival of the fittest…

It’s the nature of our version of capitalism. How capitalism plays out varies based on all sorts of factors…
But yeah…in general I’m not a subway fan. Too many alternatives that are better in my area in my opinion to be bothered…

They will if you ask them to , at least they have helped us . My wife will sometimes ride one of their electric scooters and they follower us to the car to bring back the scooter .

What I have found about workers in a store their attitude toward customers is affected by how much the management cares about this . If the managers don't care , LOOK OUT the workers will be awful too ,in most cases .
It was mandatory in all Publix at no request they would unless it was one or two bags of you tell them .

There were three Publix I had to go to for utility before the sale and now it was one .

Some Publix have self checkouts .

The sign flashed ,that's a 50s store front . Let me see .the only store front that was a Publix that still stands is on the old Publix route that was built in the 60s. 636 21st Vero beach. You can't see it from the front but the rear you can tell.its still there just buried .

The sign flashed ,that's a 50s store front . Let me see .the only store front that was a Publix that still stands is on the old Publix route that was built in the 60s. 636 21st Vero beach. You can't see it from the front but the rear you can tell.its still there just buried .

I used to get Subway all the time. Now I go to Publix or Jersey Mike's.
They haven't declined here, around Phoenix Az.
I know covid hurt a lot of businesses that were NOT drive-thrus.
But the one I went to survived quite nicely.
If you regularly tip, you may even get a "special deal" once in a while.
I have developed a rapport with "my" crew.

They haven't declined here, around Phoenix Az.
I know covid hurt a lot of businesses that were NOT drive-thrus.
But the one I went to survived quite nicely.
If you regularly tip, you may even get a "special deal" once in a while.
I have developed a rapport with "my" crew.
Is the owner of that Subway in there most of the time ?

Back