Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Demise of the Christian Religion

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Adullam

The kingdom equation has always been a loss first, followed by a gain; a death before life; a strength arising from weakness. However, carnal men have latched onto the supposed benefits of adding biblical promises to our lives....without any loss whatsoever! This of course is the modern gospel that megachurches are built around. This is the populist Christian religion that exists to give the middle class a sense of immortality; an eternal insurance plan. It asks...do you have your eternal assurance????

But the kingdom of God is a paradox. It is an upside down order. It is backwards (or we are backwards)! We only become strong when we are weak. The lust for political power is of the devil (so is voting in my viewpoint). The temporal triumphalism so sought after by evangelicals of today is the very undoing of a Christian witness to the truth. Did I say an upside down kingdom?

Christianity only works from a position of weakness. Christianity needs to be marginalized in order to succeed. The very undoing of that man made golden calf of Christian religion will be the renewal of the divine witness in the earth. Man has just not learned to get out of the Way.

The church used to follow the Way. Now it just gets in the way.

<><

John

my parents and I talked about that-how it used to be a thing when you prayed for strength in bad times-now people just pray for stuff (so I have seen)
its a materialistic world and no one wants to suffer-they want to get to the top and have nothing to do with religion or anything until they need it then it should be there for them
people are greedy

The apostasy is here, brothers and sisters. The transition continues to be very gradual. Like the frog in steadily boiling water. Get out of religious formalism before you're cooked! :yes

Does anybody not see that a radical change must take place?

John

Well, the Bible does claim an apostasy before the end times (depending on how you read the text).

God bless.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back