Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

the devil's reprieve

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

randy2844

We know the lake of fire was created for satan and his rebellious angels (Matt 25:41). Why wasn't he there, instead of in the garden, instigating the events that produced the corruption and fall of the human race?

randy2844 said:
We know the lake of fire was created for satan and his rebellious angels (Matt 25:41). Why wasn't he there, instead of in the garden, instigating the events that produced the corruption and fall of the human race?

Maybe we should address the lake of fire first.....(what do you believe this is??????

It is not a fire thats a literaling burning fire that burns forever that will turture people forever.....

NIGHTMARE said:
randy2844 said:

Maybe we should address the lake of fire first.....(what do you believe this is??????

It is not a fire thats a literaling burning fire that burns forever that will turture people forever.....

Actually, we know very little about the lake of fire. We know it was created as punishment for the rebel angels, that man, having engaged in the same sin of rebellion against God, is--apart from Salavation--destined for the same punishment, which is referred to as the second death.
We know it is not a literal fire because it is eternal. Even suns eventually burn out.

My personal belief is that the lake of fire is a spiritual state of being. I believe man is a spiritual creature that will exist for eternity, just like the angels. And that we will either dwell with God or apart from Him--those are the only 2 choices. And the only alternative to being with God is the lake of fire.

I believe the second death is complete and total separation from God forever. I think those in the lake of fire will suffer a spiritual torment far worse than eternal fire could inflict. It sounds like those therein will exist in blackness, with neither form nor substance, yet feeling that eternal damnation, the hopelessness and despair of their plight, and the torment of knowing they could have avoided it.

But my question is, why did the Lord not cast the rebels into the lake of fire--created expressly for that purpose--instead of allowing satan the freedom and opportunity to deceive man? The Lord had a very good reason, as He does for everything. I just wanted some feedback.

randy2844 said:
NIGHTMARE said:
randy2844 said:

Actually, we know very little about the lake of fire. We know it was created as punishment for the rebel angels, that man, having engaged in the same sin of rebellion against God, is--apart from Salavation--destined for the same punishment, which is referred to as the second death.
We know it is not a literal fire because it is eternal. Even suns eventually burn out.

My personal belief is that the lake of fire is a spiritual state of being. I believe man is a spiritual creature that will exist for eternity, just like the angels. And that we will either dwell with God or apart from Him--those are the only 2 choices. And the only alternative to being with God is the lake of fire.

I believe the second death is complete and total separation from God forever. I think those in the lake of fire will suffer a spiritual torment far worse than eternal fire could inflict. It sounds like those therein will exist in blackness without form or substance, yet retain perception of that eternal damnation, the hopelessness and despair of their plight, and the torment of knowing they could have avoided it.

But my question is, why did the Lord not cast the rebels into the lake of fire--created expressly for that purpose--instead of allowing satan the freedom and opportunity to deceive man?

Its the ultimate test.....

I pretty much agree,,,Remember GOd is a consuming fire Hebrews 12:29

When satan rebeled,,,,,It wasnt just the fallen angels who God was wroth with,,,it was pretty much all the souls except for the elect.....From my studys (and im still studying this) it seems that people (souls) didnt know who to follow Most didnt care about the war between God and satan,,,,some actually believed satan and there were a few who stood with God.....

GOd could have destroyed them and eveyone except the election,,,but instead decided to have souls be born thru woman into the world to see who they would serve satan or GOd with the influence of the Holy spirit and those evil spirits....

Thats why when you pick up the bible and start reading,,,The war has already happened and Lucifer is now satan trying to stop the Christ from being born.......

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back