Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The easily influenced

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Classik

Who are the easily influenced? Remmber what happened back there at the Garden of Eden?

Take for instance, you have a crowd of 100 people where 50% are males. Go there and preach to them and you will realise that majority of the guys won't listen to you. Only very few, say 3 or 4 may receive Christ and turn a new live. Some others may be undecided on the issue.

However majority of women present would automatically become converted. Very few are undecided and and a lot fewer don't care at all.

Funny thing is, these few guys who got converted remain faithful. They may survive and conquer the tempests of this life. Men rarely lose their faith.

However majority of this women that got converted easily backslide or could be made to do the wrong thing by the entrance of whatever false teachings that come their way. It's just like the sower thing of the bible account.

So, majority of men don't care about such stuff. The little that do remain more faithful the reverse for the women.:biggrinunno :shrug :confused

that was the summary of the teacher's talk - one of those days we had a class with him. Some believe this to be valid.

your teacher is a nut

It took satan to influence eve and only little ol her to influence the spineless adam

your teacher is a nut

It took satan to influence eve and only little ol her to influence the spineless adam

A big nut, maybe.

And then he asked a question. Why is it that during altar call majority of men stay behind.

nice reply, Edward. Ever witnessed a Holy Spirit atmosphere during worship/deliverance etc service...and noted how diferrent sexes responded?

So, majority of men don't care about such stuff. The little that do remain more faithful the reverse for the women.
Dude, Gods word is in your heart, quit reading in to it, your interpretation of Bible passages...

I think it really depends. In the church I grew up in (PCUSA--liberal side of Presbyterian Church), there were plenty of "pew widows," women whose husbands were on the church rolls, but never in attendance. Then I got saved by The Pentecostals, and found lots of men from the Southern Baptist and Pentecostal churches who were (and are) dedicated to Christ.

As a whole, I'd say women are easier to convert. Maybe not a whole lot easier, but a little bit. Men tend to be more hard headed, we're taught to be independent, we're taught to be leaders and doers, not followers and certainly not "sheep." Christianity has always been counter-cultural, so the first converts were largely slaves, women, and the poor. Rich women helped fund a lot of Paul's activities, for instance. Wealthier men, then as now, are probably harder to convert. So I guess its hard to say "all men are harder to convert" than it is to say "men who don't feel they need or want Jesus" are harder to convert, and that's probably a lot of men because of the way society teaches men to behave and think.

Back