Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The elect are without Sin before God

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
S

savedbygrace57

The elect are without Sin before God ! -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eph 1:4

According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love

Those of us today who belong to Jesus Christ are without Sin before God.

Now what do I mean by this in light of scriptures like 1 jn 1:

8If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

But John here is saying that those deceive themselves who deny indwelling sin and its reality rom 7:

17Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

But the Truth is still this, those of us who are in Christ, that is are true believers in Him, all of our sins have been taken away, we have no sin, past, present or future, that God will lay to our charge and condemned us for.

Through the redemption we have through His blood, we have been forgiven all transgressions forever and eternity, for such rich grace is really difficult for the natural mind to receive.., but what saith the scriptures ?

eph 1:

7In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

col 1:

14In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

col 2:

13And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

isa 38:

17Behold, for peace I had great bitterness: but thou hast in love to my soul delivered it from the pit of corruption: for thou hast cast all my sins behind thy back.

mic 7:

19He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.

ps 103:

12As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

isa 44:

22I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins: return unto me; for I have redeemed thee.

jn 1:

29The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

3:

5And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

dan 9:

24Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

The elects sins are not anymore, they have no being or notice to God, for He will not remember them in the day of Judgment..

Isa 43:

25 I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

Jer 31:

34And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

heb 10:

17And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

18Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

The elect of God are without sin today before God, we are spotless and without fault before Him, because of the work of Christ on our behalf. He [ as the scapegoat of old typified Lev 16] removed our sins from before the presences of The LORD our God forever, and in this Love has been perfected, that we the elect may have boldness in the day of Judgment.

Gods True people have no sin that condemns them, not even the sin that remains and indwells our flesh..

Not sure if its relevant or not here, but anyway :)
Therefore, brothers, rather be diligent to make your calling and election sure, for if you do these things, you shall never fall.
(2 Peter 1:10 MKJV)
Sorry...the ''study' was a bit chaotic and disorganized so Im not really sure what its saying for certain. I thought this might apply somehow :)

But John here is saying that those deceive themselves who deny indwelling sin and its reality rom 7:
One thing that is a relief, I hope anyway, is that you seemingly dont deny that you are beyond sin like a few Ive met who bring this sort of topic up. Again, I hope thats the case, the OP was a bit too disorganized for my liking.
Ive run across some views that basically claim they 'cannot' sin and if they do sin its not really them who is sinning...ie they can sin all they want in their flesh but their spirit can never be held accountable for their choice to sin. They believe they can murder, rape and steal all they want and that nothing they do can be held against them ever again.
What a surprise theyre going to be in for on that day.

follower of Christ said:
One thing that is a relief, I hope anyway, is that you seemingly dont deny that you are beyond sin like a few Ive met who bring this sort of topic up. Again, I hope thats the case, the OP was a bit too disorganized for my liking.
Ive run across some views that basically claim they 'cannot' sin and if they do sin its not really them who is sinning...ie they can sin all they want in their flesh but their spirit can never be held accountable for their choice to sin. They believe they can murder, rape and steal all they want and that nothing they do can be held against them ever again.
What a surprise theyre going to be in for on that day.
Yeah, that's antinomianism and basically states that grace covers all so live however you want. Quite an unbiblical view of grace.

i can sin and go to heaven? that's awesome wait till satan hears this one, he's on his way to heaven then too.

savedbygrace57 said:

Jesus Christ IS the only ELECT that stands before God...in the flesh, and WITHOUT SIN!

The rest of us...must have the righteousness of Christ imputed to us before we are part of God's ELECT. In Christ, God calls us who ARE NOT righteous as though we are righteous, because the righteousness of the Son covers our earthly, filthy rags!

• Romans 4:17
    ...God, who giveth life to the dead, and calleth the things that are not, as though they were. ASV

Ret said:
savedbygrace57 said:

Jesus Christ IS the only ELECT that stands before God...in the flesh, and WITHOUT SIN!

The rest of us...must have the righteousness of Christ imputed to us before we are part of God's ELECT. In Christ, God calls us who ARE NOT righteous as though we are righteous, because the righteousness of the Son covers our earthly, filthy rags!

...God, who giveth life to the dead, and calleth the things that are not, as though they were. ASV

Yet God is not playing make-believe is He! Children do this. However God is a god of reality and truth. So the holiness must be genuine or else is is the type of unreality that thrives in churches nowadays.

Care must be taken that we are not imputing make-believe tendencies on God.

Let us not be wise in our conceits.

God will use nothing to bring to nothing those things that are. Just like the nuclear reaction used one extra neutron to start the chain reaction; then it spread from faith to faith.

1 Cor 1:21
21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. KJV

1 Cor 1:25
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
KJV

Joe

Adullam said:
Ret said:
savedbygrace57 said:

Yet God is not playing make-believe is He! Children do this. However God is a god of reality and truth. So the holiness must be genuine or else is is the type of unreality that thrives in churches nowadays.

Care must be taken that we are not imputing make-believe tendencies on God.
Adullam...Yes, care must be taken...God's imputing to us is the work of a moment on His part...and how it affects us is...worked out IN US over our lifetime. BELIEVING is the decision of a moment, but that BELIEVING has to be repeated moment by moment, every time we become anxious, fearful, or judgmental and see our own unbelief, acknowledge our unbelief toward God, given repentence and then rest in HOPE, hope in the imputed righteousness of Christ.

Ret said:
savedbygrace57 said:

The elect have been perfected forever by the offering of christ..heb 10:

14For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

And them that are sanctified, are those He died for, His death sanctified them..

10By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

So evidently, you are not acquainted with Truth..

savedbygrace57 said:
And them that are sanctified, are those He died for, His death sanctified them..
10By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
Therefore, brothers, rather be diligent to make your calling and election sure, for if you do these things, you shall never fall.
And here you seem to think that man doesnt do anything concerning his election ;)

Maybe these questions are for a different thread, but what are the consequences of sin for a Christian?

I just so happen to be one of those Christians who sin every now and then.

In those times, I can hear Satan whispering that I am no good and that God is disappointed with me and that I have put up a wall between me and God. What is the truth though?

I know that I am inherently righteous in my spirit because of the Spirit of Christ in me - but how does my sin affect my relationship to God?
Is it a matter of still being His child, but hurting our fellowship? Does sin inhibit me from receiving God's blessings? I am certain that God will chastise those who knowingly continue in sin - but how much of a roadblock does sin put up in our life.

There are many if/then statements in the Law. If we obey we will be blessed. If we disobey we will be punished. How much of this applies to NT Christians? Do we have to be virtually sin-free before God can really bless us and use us?

Please don't interpret these questions as wanting to know how far I can stray into sin and still be in fellowship with God. Just curious about your insights - since we have all dealt with sin.

aaron asked:

but what are the consequences of sin for a Christian?

fellowship with God is hampered, enjoying His clean presecnce which is invaluable to say the least..Paul says this:

gal 5:

17For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

follower of Christ said:
savedbygrace57 said:
And here you seem to think that man doesnt do anything concerning his election ;)

Man is not doing anything to be elected, thats not what peter says, but he is being exhorted to self examine to see wether or not He is of the election, are their fruits of His election, lest he be a reprobate 2 cor 13:5

Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

If Jesus christ is Truly in one, He produces His fruit in them, as He is in them.. and one of those fruits, will be a true understanding of the Faith..

Those who are sanctified by the offering of christ [ which is His death] have been perfected forever according to the word of God here heb 10:

14For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified

How did they become sanctified ? notice vs 10

Now who does not believe this ?

savedbygrace57 said:
follower of Christ said:
savedbygrace57 said:

Man is not doing anything to be elected, thats not what peter says, but he is being exhorted to self examine to see wether or not He is of the election, are their fruits of His election, lest he be a reprobate 2 cor 13:5

Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

If Jesus christ is Truly in one, He produces His fruit in them, as He is in them.. and one of those fruits, will be a true understanding of the Faith..
You are quite correct. God elected us before the foundation of the world (Ephesians 1:4,5), and last I checked...that was before our time. :) 1 Peter 1 is all about making sure that you are walking diligent in the faith, NOT coming into the faith. What Peter's trying to answer is the question "how do I know that I'm elect?" and his answer is "by the fruit in your life that validates our election"

todum says

You are quite correct. God elected us before the foundation of the world (Ephesians 1:4,5), and last I checked...that was before our time. 1 Peter 1 is all about making sure that you are walking diligent in the faith, NOT coming into the faith. What Peter's trying to answer is the question "how do I know that I'm elect?" and his answer is "by the fruit in your life that validates our election"

The blessings of the covenant will cause the elect to walk in the ways of the Lord ezk 36:

26A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

toddm said:
You are quite correct. God elected us before the foundation of the world (Ephesians 1:4,5), and last I checked...that was before our time. :) 1 Peter 1 is all about making sure that you are walking diligent in the faith, NOT coming into the faith. What Peter's trying to answer is the question "how do I know that I'm elect?" and his answer is "by the fruit in your life that validates our election"
:lol
The excuses never cease to amaze.
Peter is VERY CLEARLY showing CONDITION in this 'elect' status.
You guys make yourselves look completely silly and desperate when you have to pull this type of nonsense.
Little hint...the REST OF US have bibles and CAN READ ;)

savedbygrace57 said:
The blessings of the covenant will cause the elect to walk in the ways of the Lord ezk 36:

26A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
And WHO is God talking to ?
Those who WILL COME To HIM...whom He FOREKNEW from the foundation of the world.
;)

savedbygrace57 said:
aaron asked:

but what are the consequences of sin for a Christian?

fellowship with God is hampered, enjoying His clean presecnce which is invaluable to say the least..Paul says this:

gal 5:

17For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
Apparently we CAN (are able) ;)
I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself with the mind serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.
(Rom 7:25 EMTV)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back