Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The End of an Era

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

JohnDB

OK...
Just a thought...
We all know that "date setting" is really wrong...and we view those who set one are a few bananas short of a boatload...a few screws loose or lost...more nuts than Planters makes.

But for the sake of argument let's say that God shows you that in 25 years America is going to go through complete upheaval... complete chaos. Yes people will live but it's going to be a very rough life there for decades after this catastrophe.

Now...here's more...
The American economy drives about 75% of the world's economy and monetary systems. It also feeds 60% of the world population. It's also the primary source of humanitarian efforts around the world even if performed by others.

So...

Here comes the big question...
What do you do?
Where do you run to? What do you do to take advantage of this insight God gives you? Building an arc is pointless. Telling others is pointless. No one will ever believe you.
So....
What do you do?

OK...
Just a thought...
We all know that "date setting" is really wrong...and we view those who set one are a few bananas short of a boatload...a few screws loose or lost...more nuts than Planters makes.

But for the sake of argument let's say that God shows you that in 25 years America is going to go through complete upheaval... complete chaos. Yes people will live but it's going to be a very rough life there for decades after this catastrophe.

Now...here's more...
The American economy drives about 75% of the world's economy and monetary systems. It also feeds 60% of the world population. It's also the primary source of humanitarian efforts around the world even if performed by others.

So...

What do you do?
Where do you run to? What do you do to take advantage of this insight God gives you? Building an arc is pointless. Telling others is pointless. No one will ever believe you.
So....
What do you do?
Believe me. Moving to New Zealand and leaving the home we've known fore 2 decades is one of the hardest things we've ever done. We're moving to get our son much needed medical care . But we are also leaving to escape persecution. I can't help but wonder if the Lord is forcing us out for our own well-being in another sense. Since my eyes have been forced open to just how corrupt the American system is. Is the Lord preparing to bring America under judgment? Are we being moved to protect us from this? I just don't know. All I know for sure is my son needs help and he can't go on like this forever. So we move for our son. If the move proves to be for another reason then it will reveal itself. But, if I were to whisper something to a fellow post-tribber....it would be ....think about New Zealand.

Where i can see that New Zealand might be a "safe haven". I would need some reasoning as to why there.

The main reason I ask is that in everyone's end time scenario America is destroyed for some reason or another.

So I thought that we could explore this thought with practical suggestions based upon facts and solutions to issues.

Where i can see that New Zealand might be a "safe haven". I would need some reasoning as to why there.

The main reason I ask is that in everyone's end time scenario America is destroyed for some reason or another.

So I thought that we could explore this thought with practical suggestions based upon facts and solutions to issues.
I just hope that by the time you have your facts and practicalities all lined up nice and neat, that your not on a train to a government camp somewhere. Think about the Jews under Nazi domination. Just how were they caught in such an unaware state of mind with all the warning signs everywhere around them? My situation is unique in that we are going to get away from corporate abuse to get medical care. But from what I've seen, We are going through ,what might very well be, a sort of dress rehearsal of the coming Tribulation. Granted our persecution is money/greed based but it could very easily be transferred to Christ-based persecution.

I just hope that by the time you have your facts and practicalities all lined up nice and neat, that your not on a train to a government camp somewhere. Think about the Jews under Nazi domination. Just how were they caught in such an unaware state of mind with all the warning signs everywhere around them? My situation is unique in that we are going to get away from corporate abuse to get medical care. But from what I've seen, We are going through ,what might very well be, a sort of dress rehearsal of the coming Tribulation. Granted our persecution is money/greed based but it could very easily be transferred to Christ-based persecution.
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles...but this thread is about something else.

From what I have seen is that New Zealand has about 40% renewable energies. A massive economy based upon agriculture and forestry and some sea based foodstuffs. Tourism is heavy there. And of course you are either rich or really poor.

Their main trading partners are Britain, USA, Australia and China. They have had several "brain drains". And many people work off-island but return to relax.. bringing home the money.

Cheese output in dollars is more than wool. It can be tropical in climate to really artic...all depending upon where you are.

Toilets flush backwards. They idealize the country life but live in the city.

So...all in all its not horrible. Just was hoping for a better idea.

We had looked into moving to Canada, but the Canadian government seems to have begun mirroring the US government somewhat. The Canadian police also seem to have taken a page from American police academies and have started becoming more and more abusive. My wife and son wanted nothing to do with Canadian winters. I shifted my search to Cuba, of all places, warm weather, low crime but too much culture shock. Thought about all the islands around thereabouts. Nice weather, but each seemed to have drawbacks......crime ,politics, economy, what have you. But then came New Zealand and we found our new home.

If God has given me this much information, then I have to assume that He'll have given some more information too. Namely what He would want me to do. If I don't have that, then I'd pray about it, and hope for direction. In the days of Israel's prophets, God gave a responsibility to the message He gives to the prophets. That they are to relay His message to the people God sends them to. If the prophet doesn't and they don't turn from their sins the prophet is held responsible. If he does tell them and they don't turn from their sins, then the prophet did his duty.

That would be one of my main concerns. What does God want me to do with this information, and would he give me the hard task given to prophets, to give His message to unrepentant and unlistening people. Possibly have the same suffering and hardships that some of the prophets would have had. The second concern (if there was room for this concern without disobeying God's direction) would be for the concern for my family and myself. If it would be possible, and not go against God's will for judgment, I would ask for my family to excape from this hardship and be placed under God's protection.

OK...
Just a thought...

Now...here's more...

So...

What do you do?
So....
What do you do?
There is no safe place TO run to. Where does it say in the bible that Christians should run... anywhere... except to Israeli Jews on the day the antichrist announces he is God to scram posthaste to Petra, not even stopping to pick up their coat? (Matt 24:15-21) Maybe we should all move to Petra now? Seems safe enough for the Jews... for the coming days anyway.

Telling others the Gospel is never pointless.

What to do?:
"Watch therefore, praying always that you may be counted worthy to escape everything that is about to happen, and to stand before the Son of Man." (Luke 21:36)
1. Watch for the Lord's guidance.
2. Pray always in the Spirit.
3. Stand your spiritual ground.

Last edited:

If the Lord's will for me is to not find a "safe haven", should I attempt moving anywhere? All we can do is pray for God's Will to be done, in our lives and everywhere else. Isn't that enough?

Right now I know the Lord wants me to move, and not for Tribulation reasons. He's even shown me precisely where I am to move, and its perfect for me. But either He wants me to know this long before to prepare me mentally and physically, or I'm standing in His way, or its just not His time. I do want to move, but something in me keeps telling me not yet. I have no anxiety over waiting either, but complete peace. When the Lord wants it to happen nothing can stop it, including me.

So...

What do you do?
So....
What do you do?
I think the more important questions are:
1. How long could you feed your family?
2. Where would you find clean water?
3. If someone tried to take your food or harm your family, could you stop them?
If something really catastrophic happened to the US, there really would not be anywhere else to run; we would drag the world down with us.

OK...
Just a thought...

Now...here's more...

So...

What do you do?
So....
What do you do?
If God gives you this insight, he will also give you an answer.

I think the more important questions are:
1. How long could you feed your family?
2. Where would you find clean water?
3. If someone tried to take your food or harm your family, could you stop them?
If something really catastrophic happened to the US, there really would not be anywhere else to run; we would drag the world down with us.
Precisely why I was asking the question. Most of the world would be in upheaval if anything happened to America. But there has to be somewhere to run and weather out the storm of financial and Government crisis.

Looking at how well a place is suitable for hiding in is dependent upon food, water, shelter and self sufficiency...but not too rich as then it will become a target for other people to take over.

Its a tough question. No easy answers.

It would most likely be outside the cities since a city cannot feed itself....mass migration to the countryside. People would have to relearn skills that their ancestors took for granted: raising food, learning how to preserve it, building skills minus the power tools, making clothing......
People would have to band together for mutual protection and sharing of skills and labor, learn to work with horses, home school.....many of the things that were common prior to 1900......
http://www.prepperwebsite.com/mobile/
http://americanpreppersnetwork.com/
http://sustainablog.org/2011/09/how-to-build-a-rocket-stove/

Last edited:
Well yes, if you could get there.
Looking at what happened in the Soviet Union and then Russia when their currency collapsed... getting out of the city is not a simple task. The only thing that helped was the lack of guns. We have no such luxury in America for that. The suburbs are full of guns and people too. Getting past all those potential sniper rifles....whew.

Every major city has suburbs and more rural suburbs. Then finding a place to be self sufficient...water, food, clothing, and shelters...and then hanging on to what you have. Especially when the world around you is in chaos.
Medicines... when there are none. Most everyone takes some kind of medicine. Very few people don't. Even if it is just an antihistamine.

It's just better for most to find another country to live in till things calm down.

Well yes, if you could get there.
Looking at what happened in the Soviet Union and then Russia when their currency collapsed... getting out of the city is not a simple task. The only thing that helped was the lack of guns. We have no such luxury in America for that. The suburbs are full of guns and people too. Getting past all those potential sniper rifles....whew.

Every major city has suburbs and more rural suburbs. Then finding a place to be self sufficient...water, food, clothing, and shelters...and then hanging on to what you have. Especially when the world around you is in chaos.
Medicines... when there are none. Most everyone takes some kind of medicine. Very few people don't. Even if it is just an antihistamine.

It's just better for most to find another country to live in till things calm down.
Nevermind the storms and earthquakes , and we'll using old ways didn't ensure survival in my state.the big Lake in the middle of my state has killed alot in storms.it's diked fir a reason.

It would most likely be outside the cities since a city cannot feed itself....mass migration to the countryside. People would have to relearn skills that their ancestors took for granted: raising food, learning how to preserve it, building skills minus the power tools, making clothing......
People would have to band together for mutual protection and sharing of skills and labor, learn to work with horses, home school.....many of the things that were common prior to 1900......
http://www.prepperwebsite.com/mobile/
http://americanpreppersnetwork.com/
http://sustainablog.org/2011/09/how-to-build-a-rocket-stove/
However, there are more material resources within cities than outside them.

Relearning lost skills is tremendously hard, especially when in a heightened stress situation. My sister assumes she can throw seeds into the grass and expect a bumper crop of veggies to come up, where they will remain for whenever she decides to pick them. :rolleyes

However, there are more material resources within cities than outside them.
Such as?.....and considering if the population does not leave how long do those resources last since replenishment is unlikely or at least difficult and in whose hands?
Relearning lost skills is tremendously hard, especially when in a heightened stress situation.
Absolutely true which is why people would have to band togehter and share knoweledge, experience and skills and protection.....

Such as?.....and considering if the population does not leave how long do those resources last since replenishment is unlikely or at least difficult and in whose hands?

Absolutely true which is why people would have to band togehter and share knoweledge, experience and skills and protection.....
REclaim, REuse, REcycle, REpurpose, REinvent. If you know how to be creative anything is a resource. I wish they had classes in schools on how to be McGyver.

By all means, band and up and share. Until someone with bigger and more guns comes along to take away what y'all have. It's no great wonder the Lord advises us..... "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on the earth, where moth and rust corrupt, and where thieves dig through and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust corrupts, and where thieves do not dig through and steal." (Matt 6:19, 20)

and

"For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel's, will save it." (Mark 8:35)

REclaim, REuse, REcycle, REpurpose, REinvent. If you know how to be creative anything is a resource. I wish they had classes in schools on how to be McGyver.

By all means, band and up and share. Until someone with bigger and more guns comes along to take away what y'all have. It's no great wonder the Lord advises us..... "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on the earth, where moth and rust corrupt, and where thieves dig through and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust corrupts, and where thieves do not dig through and steal." (Matt 6:19, 20)

and

"For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel's, will save it." (Mark 8:35)
I understand the biblical perspective but when bellies are empty and there is nothing in sight to change that....what do you do? Sit down and wait to die? God did not make us so in my opinion; we try, we struggle,....we live....at least we try to live.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back