Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Evil Of Islam

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Just look at what is going on today with Islam, they are committing much evil on the planet, they will kill a innocent person in a New York minute. Because we won't convert to Islam the Quran and the Hadith tells them to kill us.

Just look at what is going on today with Islam, they are committing much evil on the planet, they will kill a innocent person in a New York minute. Because we won't convert to Islam the Quran and the Hadith tells them to kill us.
Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through. (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

I don't think you can call Islam evil because the Qu'ran tells Muslims to kill non believers, when the Christian Bible says to kill an entire town and burn it to the ground if one person in that town is a non believer.

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through. (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

I don't think you can call Islam evil because the Qu'ran tells Muslims to kill non believers, when the Christian Bible says to kill an entire town and burn it to the ground if one person in that town is a non believer.

You have it wrong. First off, these were the Hebrews, so then you have to direct your comment to Jews as well. Secondly, while the principles of the Law are in place, the penalty no longer is. Do you know why?

You have it wrong. First off, these were the Hebrews, so then you have to direct your comment to Jews as well./QUOTE]
Oh don't worry, I do.
Secondly, while the principles of the Law are in place, the penalty no longer is. Do you know why?
I imagine it's an almost identical answer that Muslims give when for answering similar questions. Feel free to correct me though.

I imagine it's an almost identical answer that Muslims give when for answering similar questions. Feel free to correct me though.

You missed the question. The question was why is it not required for the penalty of the Law to be carried out in such a manner? Obviously the radical Muslims (e.g. ISIS) do so as evidenced by their unique habit of beheading people(or whatever else they do) unlike anyone else. But you don't see Christians or Jews doing so.

The Christian bible is contains examples of life under the first covenant (works), and the second covenant (Grace). Your examples are from the first, whereas Jesus introduced the second and made the first obsolete.

Luk 9:51 ¶ And it came to pass, when the time was come that he should be received up, he stedfastly set his face to go to Jerusalem,
Luk 9:52 - And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him.
Luk 9:53 - And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.
Luk 9:54 - And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
Luk 9:55 - But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
Luk 9:56 - For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.​

And as much as I caution people against using the Commentary, the New Testament, I'm going to say here that this one passage in not a stand alone verse and you need Thompson's Chain Reference to do a deep study on this because Jesus in the God that wrote Deuteronomy. The whole Word of God must be reconciled into one message.

The Christians have not been hood winked since Tyndale gave the common man the scriptures. I have looked into the Qu'ran and 164 times the Qu'ran calls for the death of the Jew or the death of the follower of the Book (Christian) or both.

I'm still looking for where God told us to slaughter the Muslim.

I'm still looking for where God told us to slaughter the Muslim.

That's likely because it wasn't narrowed down to Muslims. Christians are told to kill anyone who isn't a Christian. And thus, your search ends:

1)If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

2) Suppose a man or woman among you, in one of your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, has done evil in the sight of the LORD your God and has violated the covenant by serving other gods or by worshiping the sun, the moon, or any of the forces of heaven, which I have strictly forbidden. When you hear about it, investigate the matter thoroughly. If it is true that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, then that man or woman must be taken to the gates of the town and stoned to death. (Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT)

That's likely because it wasn't narrowed down to Muslims. Christians are told to kill anyone who isn't a Christian. And thus, your search ends:

1)If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

2) Suppose a man or woman among you, in one of your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, has done evil in the sight of the LORD your God and has violated the covenant by serving other gods or by worshiping the sun, the moon, or any of the forces of heaven, which I have strictly forbidden. When you hear about it, investigate the matter thoroughly. If it is true that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, then that man or woman must be taken to the gates of the town and stoned to death. (Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT)
Son,
You're very young and you have many, many, miles to travel yet but you know I am a Christian and I have no reason to believe anything other than not well informed. I suggested to you that the book of Deuteronomy was not the Bible but was only a part of it and you appear to be unwilling to spend a small amount of time learning. In another string on these forums the insanity of the Muslim position was being discussed and there was a link to a site that keeps a record of the Sunni killing the Shia and Shia killing Sunni. Last month over 2200 deaths because of religious friction were recorded around the world and likely double that were injured but survived.

I'm a Christian Baptist and in the last hundred years we have not recorded one death of any of the other sects of Christianity nor of them killing us for religious disputes. The Islamists do proclaim they will slaughter me, even though I pray to the Most High God for their prosperity.

These people God spoke to in the book of Deuteronomy, over 3,000, maybe 4,000 years ago were primitive and very mean in their dealings with one another, very much like the Shia Law where they drive trucks over the arms of twelve year eight and nine year old boys for stealing bread because he was starving.

If you can trouble yourself to just read the book of John from the New Testament you will begin to get an idea of what Christianity is about. If you' re Islamic in your faith, a history study of Yashua and a history study of your prophet will be very revealing to you. Don' t bother to read the Bible nor the Qu'ran but go the public library and do the study from History Books that cover the period.

And please, don't hit me with what you do not know. Without the historical perspective you cannot claim to know much of the truths and the lies of this world. Praying for your eternal well being.

Again, you are quoting the Old Testament, and you haven't dealt with the question I asked why this is not necessary for Christians to do this. On the contrary, the New Testament does not endorse this.

Now, where are there Christians today stoning anyone, or destroying a whole town because they don't believe, or whatever else you are worried about? And even at that, keep in mind there are people calling themselves Christian, and do not do what the Bible commands. I'm not sure if you have a problem with the bible, or those claiming to follow it, or both.

Nevertheless, your accusations are totally ludicrous and uninformed. If you're bent on making such accusations against Christians (or the bible), at least get your facts straight.

Before I start, let me preface by saying that I am neither Christian nor Muslim.

I'm a Christian Baptist and in the last hundred years we have not recorded one death of any of the other sects of Christianity nor of them killing us for religious disputes.
Apart from, you know, the entirety of the Troubles in Northern Ireland.
These people God spoke to in the book of Deuteronomy, over 3,000, maybe 4,000 years ago were primitive and very mean in their dealings with one another, very much like the Shia Law where they drive trucks over the arms of twelve year eight and nine year old boys for stealing bread because he was starving.
Let's not forget the WBC, who stand outside the funerals of dead soldiers and tell their relatives that their sons and daughters are burning in hell. Good thing they aren't around any more, hey?
If you can trouble yourself to just read the book of John from the New Testament you will begin to get an idea of what Christianity is about. If you' re Islamic in your faith, a history study of Yashua and a history study of your prophet will be very revealing to you. Don' t bother to read the Bible nor the Qu'ran but go the public library and do the study from History Books that cover the period.
So to understand the bible, you're telling me to not read the bible?

Now, where are there Christians today stoning anyone, or destroying a whole town because they don't believe, or whatever else you are worried about?
Well I suppose I could create a list, just for you. I'll even try to avoid the most obvious Ku Klux Klan killings.

1. Anti-balaka militants sectarian violence against civilians in Central Africa (Source)
2. Anti-hindu violence in India. (Source)
3. The National Liberation Front of Tripura in North-East India is a proscribed Christian terrorist organisation (Source 1) (Source 2).
4. Nagaland, a Christian majority state in India, has seen many terrorist incidents including kidnapping, illegal drug trafficking, extortion, and more. (Source - "Encyclopaedia Of Manipur (3 Vol.)", p. 490)
5. Terrorist acts committed by loyalists and republicans during the Troubles in Northern Ireland.
6. Anders Behring Breivik killed 77 teenagers, and self identified as a "Christian crusader". (Source)
7. The Lord's Resistance Army is a cult and guerrilla army based in Uganda. They conduct massacres, abductions, mutilations, tortures, mass rape, and keep child soldiers, slaves, and sex slaves. (Source)

And lets not forget all the abortion clinics that were targeted by Christian terrorists and doctors that were killed by Christian terrorists.

But other than that, no, I suppose there haven't been any.

And even at that, keep in mind there are people calling themselves Christian, and do not do what the Bible commands.
So, just to make sure I'm clear on where we stand:

1. Blanket statements applied to everyone except Christians - Okay.
2. Blanket statements applied to Christians - Not okay.

Because, I mean, the Qu'ran states that No one should be burned alive or tortured with fire, it condemns the killing of PoWs, or people tied up, or those in captivity, it says that enemy corpses should be returned, along with explicitly stating that residential areas should not be pillaged, plundered or destroyed, and teaches that Muslims should not touch the property of anyone except those fighting against them. (Source).

ISIS ignore all of these rules set out by the Qu'ran. But as is evident in this thread, people still consider ISIS to be true followers of Islam. So, I ask you, either acknowledge that Islam is a religion of peace and that extremists ruin that image by cherry-picking which parts of their religion to follow, or include all of the groups I've listed above as true Christians.

Nevertheless, your accusations are totally ludicrous and uninformed. If you're bent on making such accusations against Christians (or the bible), at least get your facts straight.
How about we wait until a conclusion is reached before we start acting superior, hmm?

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's not forget the WBC, who stand outside the funerals of dead soldiers and tell their relatives that their sons and daughters are burning in hell.
You did not find the Christianity community in support of WBC. The Christians were clearly not in favor of what those wackos were doing and saying...
Show me today the Christian community in support of the KKK ?
Many atrocities have been committed in the name of Christ... It does not follow that the Christian community supported those atrocities..

You did not find the Christianity community in support of WBC. The Christians were clearly not in favor of what those wackos were doing and saying...
Many atrocities have been committed in the name of Christ... It does not follow that the Christian community supported those atrocities..

Exactly right.

A good way to debunk this moral equivalency narrative is to look at how Christians and Muslims behave relative to how the "perfect man" in each religion calls them to behave. Christians who use terrorism behave precisely opposite of how Jesus calls us to behave. Muslims who use terrorism behave precise in accordance with how Muhammad calls them to behave. Christ was a peacemaker living without sin, Muhammad was an execrable terrorist and pedophile.

I know. And I wholeheartedly agree with that.

But why are you not assuming this for Islam, when it is undeniably true? There are 220 million Muslims in South-East Asia alone that you have never heard of, but because a handful are committing atrocious acts under perversions of their holy book, Islam as a whole is getting bashed. I am not against Christians or Christianity in anyway, but what I am firmly against is hypocrisy. If we take every instance of "Muslim" or "Islam" in this thread and replace it with "Jew" or "Judaism", we've created a thread full of Nazis. But for some reason casual racism against Islam is allowed.

Also, in this thread, a Christian fella is using the old testament to justify his beliefs. Why am I getting told that my points are invalid for doing the same?

Last edited by a moderator:
Daniel 7....(NKJV)
23 “Thus he said:
‘The fourth beast shall be a fourth kingdom on earth,
Which shall be different from all other kingdoms,
And shall devour the whole earth,
Trample it and break it in pieces.

Last edited:
I know. And I wholeheartedly agree with that.

But why are you not assuming this for Islam, when it is undeniably true? There are 220 million Muslims in South-East Asia alone that you have never heard of, but because a handful are committing atrocious acts under perversions of their holy book, Islam as a whole is getting bashed. I am not against Christians or Christianity in anyway, but what I am firmly against is hypocrisy. If we take every instance of "Muslim" or "Islam" in this thread and replace it with "Jew" or "Judaism", we've created a thread full of Nazis. But for some reason casual racism against Islam is allowed.

Also, in this thread, a Christian fella is using the old testament to justify his beliefs. Why am I getting told that my points are invalid for doing the same?
who here has said anything against the muslims who are standing up against isis?

220 million should be able to over power isis quickly ...

who here has said anything against the muslims who are standing up against isis?

220 million should be able to over power isis quickly ...

The problem facing so many Muslims: In the eyes of ISIS, far too many Muslims are apostate. That's part of the reason why ISIS is killing fellow Muslims as well as Christians, Jews and others.

Back