Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Existence of the Godhead

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
glorydaz said:
Personally, I think using the term "persons" is what has messed up many people from the get-go.

There is only One God.....He manifests Himself in many ways.
Course, when I say that I usually get jumped on from both sides.
But I'm feeling frisky tonight, so I'll just say it, anyway. :biglaugh

He's the Father because He came in the flesh and we call that coming the Son.
It's easier than saying God and human/God and spirit/God.
He named his jobs and we think that makes three different "people".

We also have the Arm of God, the right hand of God, the Word of God....and on.

I see one God...so, naturally, I see Jesus as God and equal with God because He is God.

Frisky are you??? :drool Well I’m just plan tired at quarter to 1 on the east coast. But I do see your pov. I am also having this conversation with my hairdresser, a trinity believer, who also brings up that right arm thing.

But riddle me this before I go to sleep. Have you every used the expression, “My right-hand man?†Does that mean you are literally speaking about an arm or someone who is there for you and has got your back?

What about this….(forgive me but I don’t have the verse) but there is a scripture where Christ prays and an audible voice is heard from heaven…to which He tells His Father thank you and says the voice wasn’t for his benefit but for the benefit of those listening around him. How can he answer his own self from heaven if he was on earth?

And this….If it was God’s intention to manifest himself as the Son for His earthly task, then when the Son got back to heaven why didn’t he and the Father just meld together again (for lack of a better word). Why doesn’t scripture just describe the Father in New Jerusalem….why tell us about the Father and the Lamb (his Son) if in fact they are the same.

And…and I promise this is it…I’ve got to get to bed. Why in Rev. does Christ talk about His throne and His Father’s Throne…in heaven? Same person same throne?

Interesting. I’m sure I will spend more sleepless nights pouring over scriptures.

Blessings and Good night,

Dee

D4Christ said:
But riddle me this before I go to sleep. Have you every used the expression, “My right-hand man?†Does that mean you are literally speaking about an arm or someone who is there for you and has got your back?
You do know that God is Spirit, right? There isn't a "right-hand man" with God...no matter how much people want to give human attributes to a Spirit. God is always Spirit...he put on humanity for a short time for a purpose. That purpose will be fully realized when the Lord returns for His bride.
What about this….(forgive me but I don’t have the verse) but there is a scripture where Christ prays and an audible voice is heard from heaven…to which He tells His Father thank you and says the voice wasn’t for his benefit but for the benefit of those listening around him. How can he answer his own self from heaven if he was on earth? God is bigger than your human understanding...obviously. :biglaugh
And this….If it was God’s intention to manifest himself as the Son for His earthly task, then when the Son got back to heaven why didn’t he and the Father just meld together again (for lack of a better word). Why doesn’t scripture just describe the Father in New Jerusalem….why tell us about the Father and the Lamb (his Son) if in fact they are the same. They are the same...One God. Answer me this...how can a child be the "Everlasting Father"?
Isaiah 9:6 said:
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

And…and I promise this is it…I’ve got to get to bed. Why in Rev. does Christ talk about His throne and His Father’s Throne…in heaven? Same person same throne? Same God...one throne....One Spirit...One Alpaha and Omega...One God Almighty....One Eternal Father. Different manifestations of the One God.

Interesting. I’m sure I will spend more sleepless nights pouring over scriptures.

Blessings and Good night,

Dee
For some reason, man can't stop trying to set limits on God. He is everywhere all the time. He has no beginning or end. He knows your every thought. And yet, you question how He could come in the flesh and dwell among us while still being God. That's small potatoes compared to His other wonders. :confused
Job 9:10 said:
Which doeth great things past finding out; yea, and wonders without number.
Romans 11:33 said:
O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back