Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The fear of words

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

milomi78

Guys i really need help and advice.I've never had so much faith in God and as a child i ones dreamt i was walking with Jesus,this has bothered me all my life but somehow i have discarded the thought.I have been struggling so badly with my company and honestly at times i even had suicidal thoughts,I left my wife behind as am a guy who never accepts failure,yes am selfish but my wife has put me through hell during my hard times.Well when i relocated to this small town to restart my life my friend insisted we go to church and ever since i have been to church.
I have had weird dreams ever since i stepped into the church of which i meet angels sitting on the right side of the lord and so many weird things...At times i will drive in my friends car and on the plain fields I'd see angels an going totally insane.I have since decided to be saved and now its getting worse than i ever thought.

I keep dreaming i have 2 years to succeed business wise and after that i need to start being a preacher,doing the work of God...In my new dreams i have to get back to my wife as i should never marry again or divorce.My biggest nightmare is this dream that i have to go tell my pastor to repent himself,to ask God for forgiveness as he's lying to the children of God.Am going mad.

The other message is i have to tell my friend that unless he stops committing adultery God will take everything he has.

Am so confused with my life

milomi78---First of all, before any advise can be given, could you please explain your, interpretation of what, being a Christian is? How did you become a Christian? This question will help determine what your dreams mean, and what significance they have...

Hi milomi78

You should separate walking as a child of God from serving in the ministry.

As a child of God, you should focus on your walk with God first;

1. Your personal life - Identifying those things in you that hinder your walk with God first. Deal with them and overcome them. Most of us enter our Christian life with lots of ungodly baggage. If left untouched, they can resist God in our life, especially when the problem is a spiritual one. With God, build your character, renew your mind with the Word, and establish your desire in the Lord first.

2. Your job/career - Bringing God into your work

3. Your relationship - Bringing God into your relationship with your parents, your siblings, your friends and marriage

The above three will make you a stable and mature Christian first. And when you serve in the ministry, you will be more effective and fruitful. :)

Thank you for all the kind words, Until a month back the last time I was in church was 1994.I personally think after all this years of not going to church this are just ordinary dreams and not callings.I've lived in sin and am sure there are better people to do Gods work as am not worthy,I never even bought a bible the whole of my life.
My questions are answered:thumbsup

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back