Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Feast of Jeroboam happens to fall on Halloween this year.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The 15th of The Eight Month of the Ceremonial calendar(Heshvan)
http://www.voe.org/images/2012_Jewish_Calendar.pdf
1 Kings 12:26-
And Jeroboam said in his heart, Now shall the kingdom return to the house of David: If this people go up to do sacrifice in the house of the LORD at Jerusalem, then shall the heart of this people turn again unto their lord, even unto Rehoboam king of Judah, and they shall kill me, and go again to Rehoboam king of Judah.

Whereupon the king took counsel, and made two calves of gold, and said unto them, It is too much for you to go up to Jerusalem: behold thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt. And he set the one in Bethel, and the other put he in Dan. And this thing became a sin: for the people went to worship before the one, even unto Dan. And he made an house of high places, and made priests of the lowest of the people, which were not of the sons of Levi.

And Jeroboam ordained a feast in the eighth month, on the fifteenth day of the month, like unto the feast that is in Judah, and he offered upon the altar. So did he in Bethel, sacrificing unto the calves that he had made: and he placed in Bethel the priests of the high places which he had made. So he offered upon the altar which he had made in Bethel the fifteenth day of the eighth month, even in the month which he had devised of his own heart; and ordained a feast unto the children of Israel: and he offered upon the altar, and burnt incense.
In a sense this was a counterfeit Tabernacles/Sukkot, though it was also perhaps inspired by the standard Pagan Mid-Automm Holidays, form which Samhain and inventively Halloween dirive in the 1st place.

But since Jeroboam is a Prototype of the Antichrist (Being given 10 Tribes/Nations, Right hand Withered (Zacheriah 11:17) I think it might be be possibly Prophetically relevant.

You must have been reading my mind. Last year I posted similar here:

http://www.christianforums.net/showthread.php?t=37836&highlight=Jeroboam's+Halloween

I joking refer to the October 31st as the Gregorian calendar Halloween and then I refer to Jeroboam's Halloween which always occurs at full moon of the eighth month on the Hebrew calendar, such is the case this year.

Actually, I stumbled onto this fact several years ago by myself, suspecting that the "full moon" associated with Halloween had something to do with the 8th month of the Hebrew calendar and Jeroboam --- it was blatantly obvious to me. When I researched it, I found there was credence to my suspicion.

th_Bellikos6.jpg

:) your birthday card

Yeah, I remember that thread. I'm still creeped out at the thought of chocolate candy offered to idols. :verysad

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back