Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Gap Theory, What Do you Believe ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Lewis

Belief in a Pre-Adamic Creation

This doctrine also referred to as the "Ruin-Reconstruction Theory" has been included in a number of reputable Bible commentaries.
Like many Bible doctrines, the controversial Genesis gap teaching comes into dispute in some areas of its principles. There are, however a number of questions answered legitimately by this doctrine, that otherwise have no clear answers from a biblical perspective. (Bible quotes following are from the KJV version.)
The Genesis Gap in a Nutshell

This doctrine proposes that the creation of earth in Genesis chapter 1, that God gave Adam dominion of, was actually a “re-creation†and not the originally created earth. The original creation is mentioned in a single verse of the chapter (verse one) which states, “In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.â€
In verse two of Genesis chapter one, it states, “And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.†The Hebrew word “hayah†that was translated “was†in this second verse has within its definition the meanings “became,†“to become†and “came to pass.†This can properly be interpreted to mean that the earth “became without form and void.â€

An early Aramaic Old Testament paraphrase called the Targum of Onkelos, written early in the second century, renders Genesis 1:2 as “and the earth was laid waste," revealing a possible time-gap between verses 1 and 2. The earth also appears to be in a chaotic condition with darkness and a flood of water covering it. Other ancient writers including 5th century Augustin also refer to an earth that was originally created and afterward in need of having order brought back to it within these two verses.
The Great Flood Before Adam

Bible scholars who recognize this destruction of the original earth, as being a flood that destroyed prehistoric life have found reference to a catastrophic flood mentioned in the scriptures that do not match Noah’s flood, as described in Genesis chapter 8, which receded off of the earth slowly. This earlier flood and/or destruction of the earth, is also believed to be referenced in the following scriptures:

• Psalm 104:5-7, which says how God covers the earth with “the deep†and afterward removes it with a “thunderous rebuke.â€
  • Genesis 1:9, which says that God commands “let the dry land appear.â€
  • Jeremiah 4:23-27 says that Earth is "without form and void" and quaking but there is “no man†and the “birds of the heavens have fled.†God proclaims he “will not make a full end.â€
  • 2 Peter 3:5-7 discusses how the heavens were “of old†and the earth was “overflowed with water and perished†– followed by the “heavens and earth which are now†existing.
  • Isaiah 45:18 says that God did not originally create the earth in “vain†from the Hebrew “tohu va bohu†– the same term translated in Genesis 1:2 as, “without form and void.â€
Angelic Rebellion and the Pre-Adamic Earth

Some Bible scholars believe that the rebellion of the angel “Lucifer†who became the fallen angel “Satan†and the angels that followed him caused the destruction of the pre-adamic earth. The Old Testament scriptures in Isaiah 14 and Ezekiel 28 are passages that have been believed for many centuries to be referring to the fall of this mighty, “anointed†angel. Both of them state that he fell due to “pride†and not because he tempted Adam in the Garden of Eden.
They also refer to his being “cast out of heaven, to the ground†and “into hell.†This compares with scriptures in 2 Peter 2:4, Jude 6, Matthew 25:41 and Luke 10:18 that refer to angels falling and being placed into hell. It is important to note that many Bible scriptures refer to hell as being in “the heart of the earth†and “prepared for the devil and his angels†but there is no mention of its creation in Genesis.
Read on

Isaiah and Ezekiel were addressing both men who lived at the time and the evil spirits influencing these men. Many of the things attributed to them can only apply to angelic beings. The same principle is described in Ephesians 6 which states that “we wrestle not against flesh and blood†and it describes the “rulers of darkness†that influence human beings. At one point, Jesus rebuked Peter, saying, “get the behind me Satan,†referring to the evil spirit influencing him at that moment (Matthew 16:23).
Important Questions Answered

This doctrine answers the question as to whether the fall of angels believed to have become “devils†(demons) was pre-adamic or after the creation of Adam and his earth-dominion. It points strongly to this having been a pre-adamic event for the following reason, posed as a question and answer.
The question is: Isaiah, Ezekiel, II-Peter and Jude state that angels were cast down and incarcerated in hell, so if the temptation of Adam was the cause of that fall, why are they not still being held there and why was Satan the only tempter present in the Garden of Eden?
The answer? It's said that the fallen angels were in hell following a pre-adamic rebellion but Satan was loosed for a season to tempt Adam’s faithfulness to God. He will be cast into hell again and afterward "loosed for a little season" to tempt people born on earth during the future 1,000-year reign of Christ (Revelation 20:7-9). Adam’s submission to Satan’s temptation allowed-for the release of other fallen angels from their prison and in Satan gaining power on the earth (Romans 6:6, 2 Corinthians 4:4 and Matthew 4:9)
Some scholars reject the Genesis Gap due to belief that it takes away from the fact of Adam’s sin having been that which brought spiritual death to mankind. The fact is however that Satan in the Garden of Eden was a fallen angel accusing God of lying to Adam and Eve (“thou shalt not surely die,†according to Genesis 3:4).
Christians believe that had Adam not sinned, the sin of the angel both pre-adamic and that occurring in the Garden of Eden would not have passed spiritual death onto mankind. It's believed that it was Adam’s submission to the temptation and his resulting personal sin that led to man's mortality.
Sources:
NAS Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Concordance
The Wycliffe Bible Commentary
Strong's Exhaustive Concordance: Hebrew Dictionary
Chuck Missler Genesis Commentary
The Scofield Bible
Dake's Annotated Reference Bible
Clarence Larkin Dispensations
The Controversial Genesis Gap Doctrine: Belief in a Pre-Adamic Creation | Suite101.com

I believe it was an age before the one we are now in,what happened then is the reason we are now in flesh bodies.......

Three World Ages Bible Study

Did you know that there was an earth age before this one? That the earth is really millions of years old? There was a time that we all lived on this earth in our spiritual bodies and everyone was happy. To find out what brought that to an end, read our study on the rebellion of satan These two studies go hand in hand to explain why we are here and what brought the first earth age to an end. I'm not talking about reincarnation as we go though this earth age one time only. In this study we are going to take a look at the first earth age and how God destroyed it.

Genesis 1:1-2
V1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
The word 'beginning' is Strong's number 7225 and means re'shiyth (ray-sheeth'); from the same as 7218; the first, in place, time, order or rank (specifically, a firstfruit).

The word 'created' is Strong's 1254 and means bara' (baw-raw'); a primitive root; (absolutely) to create; (qualified) to cut down (a wood), select, feed (as formative processes): -choose, create (creator), cut down, dispatch, do, make (fat).

God does not give us a year when He did this, just that He did it "In the beginning". The earth is not 7000 years old as some Christians claim but many millions of years old. It is only the earth age we live in now, the second, that is about 7000 years old. The dinosaur bones and fossils that are found date back more than 7000 years and are from the first earth age.

V2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
The word 'was' is Strong's number 1961 and means hayah (haw-yaw); a primitive root [compare 1933]; to exist, i.e. be or become, come to pass (always emphatic, and not a mere copula or auxiliary).

The words 'without form' is Strong's 8414 and means tohuw (to'-hoo); from an unused root meaning to lie waste; a desolation (of surface), i.e. desert; figuratively, a worthless thing; adverbially, in vain.

The word 'void' is Strong's 922 and means bohuw (bo'-hoo); from an unused root (meaning to be empty); a vacuity, i.e. (superficially) an undistinguishable ruin.
God did not create the earth without form and void but it became that way. God destroyed the first earth age because of the Rebellion of Satan.

Isaiah 45:18
V18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God Himself That formed the earth and made it; He hath established it, He created it not in vain, He formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

The word 'vain' is the same word that 'without form' is in Genesis 1:2 Strong's 8414. God created the earth to be inhabited but Satan's rebellion caused God to destroy that earth age. That was the first earth age and we now are living in the second earth age. The first earth age as well as the third earth age are spiritual ages meaning we just have our spiritual bodies. It is only in this second earth age that we have flesh and spiritual bodies. Just so you know, I'm not talking about reincarnation. We live in this second earth age one time and one time only. Some people may claim to have lived on earth hundreds or even thousands of years ago but they are possessed by evil sprits. That was going on a lot when Christ was on the earth and I feel it will be happening more and more until Christ returns again.

Now lets go to II Peter and read how God destroyed the first earth age.
II Peter 3:1-8

V1 This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:

V2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:
Peter wants to remind us of the things that where spoken about by others in the Bible.

V3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

V4 And saying, Where is the promise of His coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

The word "scoffers" is Strong's 1703 and means empaiktes (emp-aheek-tace'); from 1702; a derider, i.e. (by implication) a false teacher.

The word "lusts" is Strong's 1939 and means epithumia (ep-ee-thoo-mee'-ah); from 1937; a longing (especially for what is forbidden).

There are many false teachers walking after their own lusts today. They teach the lusts of their own mind and not the true word of God. They teach such lies like Christ will rapture them away before the great tribulation or that the mark of the beast is a chip or tattoo. We also have people that say Christ will never return at all. Then there are groups of people that set a date for Christ to return and when it don't happen they get all bummed out and kill themselves. That just adds fuel for the people that say He is never coming back anyway. Be smart and do what Christ said. Watch and wait. Don't set dates because the only one that knows the date is God. Just get yourself ready for that day by reading God's word so you will not be caught off guard and deceived by Satan.

V5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
V6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

The word "perished" is Strong's 622 and means apollumi (ap-ol'-loo-mee); from 575 and the base of 3639; to destroy fully (reflexively, to perish, or lose), literally or figuratively.

Some people desire to be ignorant to the fact that the earth is more than seven thousand years old when there is scientific proof which God's word aligns with. The dinosaur bones that are found toady are from the first earth age when dinosaurs walked the earth. Satan likes to play a lot of tricks but this is not one of them. Dinosaurs are talked about in God's word by God Himself in the book of Job. Read Job 40:15-24 and all of chapter 41 We were on the earth in our spiritual bodies in the first earth age with the dinosaurs. Because of the rebellion of Satan God destroyed fully that earth age with a flood. This is not talking about Noah's flood which happened in this earth age because it was not destroyed fully.

I Peter 3:20
V20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

V7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

This is talking about the earth age we live in now and looking forward to the Lord's day.

V8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

God does not count time like we do. It takes a thousand of our years to make one day for God. In the story of creation, God took six days to do it and then rested on the seventh. So, six days for God would be six thousand years for us. The seventh day would be another thousand years to make seven thousand years total. The earth age we live in now is almost seven thousand years old. I'm I saying Christ will return soon? No. I'm not setting a date and you shouldn't either. This is just some food for thought that we all should be getting ready for the day that Christ does return.

Last edited by a moderator:
Continued

Lets go to one more place where it talks about the flood of the first earth age.

Psalms 104:5-9
V5 Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.

As we read in Isaiah 45:18 God created this earth to be inhabited. We all walked this earth in the first earth age when we were in our spiritual bodies. We walk on it now in our flesh bodies and those that go to heaven will be on this earth in their spiritual bodies once again. This earth will never go away and heaven will be on this earth after the great white throne judgment of God.

V6 Thou coveredst it with the deep as with a garment: the waters stood above the mountains.

V7 At Thy rebuke they fled; at the voice of Thy thunder they hasted away.
The word "hasted" is Strong's 2648 and means chaphaz (khaw-faz'); a primitive root; properly, to start up suddenly, i.e. (by implication) to hasten away, to fear.
We know that this is talking about the flood of the first earth age and not Noah's because in Noah's flood the waters did not hast away. In Genesis chapter 8 we read it took the water in Noah's flood months to dry up. In the first flood, God wanted the earth dry and it was dry, instantly.

V8 They go up by the mountains; they go down by the valleys unto the place which Thou hast founded for them.

V9 Thou hast set a bound that they may not pass over; that they turn not again to cover the earth.

God promised Noah and He is telling us again that He will never flood the earth again like He did in the past.

Now lets document from God's word that we lived in the first earth age. Lets go to the book of Job. Job's whole life fell apart as he was being tested by Satan and spent most of the book talking to his three friends. They all thought that they had the answers to why these things happened to Job. We are going to pick up the story with God's first address to Job.

Job 38:1-7
V1 Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
V2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?
V3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou Me.

God is asking Job why he listens to his friends when they have no idea what they are talking about. God is saying to Job, If you know so much, I'm going to ask you some questions and lets see you answer them. All of mankind put together knows very little compared to the wisdom of God.

V4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
V5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
V6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

God is asking Job where he was when He created the earth. This is something that happened many millions of years ago. God is taking us back to creation and the first earth age.

V7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Not many people shouting for joy now a days. This is looking back in time when we all where happy in heaven and everything was going great. This happened before the rebellion of Satan.

So now we know that there was an earth age before this one that we all lived in. There was no flesh in that earth age as we just had our spiritual bodies. God destroyed the first earth age completely because of the rebellion of Satan and that a third of His children followed Satan. He did that with a flood that covered the whole earth. By reading this study and the rebellion of Satan, you will know the answer to that age old question, "Why are we here?" I'll give you the answer now and it is we are being tested. God want's to know who loves Him and who does not. That's it, plain and simple.

Three World Ages Bible Study

By understanding the beginning,the end,as well as all of God's Word is much easier to understand....

so this first earth had no sun for the days and nights? and what about the fact that biological clocks of all live are based on lunar cycles.

To believe that there was a Gap you have to understand the about angels, demons and disembodied spirits, as well as certain passages that you can read at the below link.

Origin of Demons

that implies death before man who put on the earth.

for by one man adam death entered the world.

besides the earth being void means that it didnt have any shape when God started the creation.

I skimmed over the entire gap theory (aka first earth age) and generally agree with all that.

However, that being said, as the article pointed out, if there was pre-Adamic man, it was during that age and they are now gone and destroyed. I personally refer to these as "man-like" beings just as apes are for example, and these are the skeletons they are finding today.

This is different than a pre-Adamic man created on the sixth day doctrine that is going around these days. Some folks believe that much of humanity was created on the sixth day and Adam and his descendent's on the 8th day. At first I was oblivious to this doctrine and when I talked about "pre-Adamic" man with these folks I thought they meant the "man" between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2 and they thought I believed in the sixth day creation and we were talking past each other until I stated something out of the timeline and then gathered I was talking about something different.

I do not accept 6th day creation of a generic man, but was indeed Adam created on the 6th day. Genesis chapter one is describing the generations of the creation as an overall view, and then chapter 2 focuses in detail.. Genesis chapter 5 then records and recaps in like manner the generations of Adam to which it clearly says Adam was created in God's image (alluding to Genesis 1:27).

When asked about divorce, Jesus quotes BOTH Genesis 1 and 2 to refer to the same original couple, so that in itself clinches it and is enough evidence for me (not to mention the same testimony in apocryphal books as well).

So, what's the point of the Gap theory then? The point is not to tell of different types of men, but rather to show what happened to this earth BEFORE Adam was here. Satan was then an "angelic Adam" so-to-speak, but then rebelled. When God then took the throne from Satan, he intended to create a being after Himself to be superior to angels to do the job. That was Adam and Satan's jealousy provoked Adam to sin so as to has the power back again (which is why he is known as the prince of the power of the air right now in control of this earth). Apocryphal books claim that God mandated all the angels of God worship Adam, and Satan was not about to worship a clay being, and thus went on the rampage. As a matter of fact, Hebrews 1 has the secondary interpretation of the "firstbegotten" in the world as being Adam and the worship of him is apparently alluding to the apocryphal story.

I can go on and on into the Genesis 6 incident and how that related to Hebrews 1 and brings up the point about worshiping angels, but already this post is long so I doubt anyone would read it.

besides the earth being void means that it didnt have any shape when God started the creation.

Some stuff, huh?:screwloose
But whose?

Regarding death before Adam, I think the theory there is that when Satan fell it brought that about the same as Adam's fall brought it onto the whole creation. This is why God destroyed the earth and recreated it this time with Adam with the purpose for a new beginning and eternal life.

If that sounds far-fetched, then consider the fate of animals today. I find it unfair that death to them is brought on by a being that is not of their species. Therefore, the obvious conclusion is that whoever is in control of the earth answers for everything under them. The bible teaches that creation will be restored with the appearing of the sons of God the way it was supposed to have been had Adam not sinned.

the apes etc. would imply that the moon and stars were also destroyed! and that this also negates the yec position. hmm i will send a link from a creationist site on the dating of the earth and how tenous and problematic it has been.

if interested.

keep in mind we can by anaylising bones tell what the creature ate and also what diseases it may have had.

OP is an interesting topic and something that we cannot really know but can speculate about,there may have been another creation before this one,however I really do not see much in the bible to support it. First, the word EARTH is defined by Gen 1:10 as being DRY LAND,not the planet. When we read it this way it kind of different...In the beginning God created the atmosphere(heaven) and dry land(earth),and the dry land was without form and void(no dry land was formed or existed), and the Spirit of God moved upon the surface of the waters(this describes a planet covered in water). I suppose that there could HAVE BEEN dry land before,however it is not clear. I have a little different angle,I notice patterns,satan is described in the first and last books of the bible as reptilian,Jesus used reptiles to describe demons,we know there was a world before this one that was ruled by reptiles,also the man who claimed to have been attacked by two demons in hell(Bill Wise)said that they were reptile in appearance(though with human shape). Also,a serpent is something that is really different than a human. Hey,maybe satan was the head reptile over a reptilian planet and God destroyed it and made this new age with a being created in HIS image to be in charge rather than a reptilian world run by the head reptile(satan) ha,ha,who knows?

OP is an interesting topic and something that we cannot really know but can speculate about,there may have been another creation before this one,however I really do not see much in the bible to support it. First, the word EARTH is defined by Gen 1:10 as being DRY LAND,not the planet. When we read it this way it kind of different...In the beginning God created the atmosphere(heaven) and dry land(earth),and the dry land was without form and void(no dry land was formed or existed), and the Spirit of God moved upon the surface of the waters(this describes a planet covered in water). I suppose that there could HAVE BEEN dry land before,however it is not clear. I have a little different angle,I notice patterns,satan is described in the first and last books of the bible as reptilian,Jesus used reptiles to describe demons,we know there was a world before this one that was ruled by reptiles,also the man who claimed to have been attacked by two demons in hell(Bill Wise)said that they were reptile in appearance(though with human shape). Also,a serpent is something that is really different than a human. Hey,maybe satan was the head reptile over a reptilian planet and God destroyed it and made this new age with a being created in HIS image to be in charge rather than a reptilian world run by the head reptile(satan) ha,ha,who knows?

Haha, I like the way you think Sam.

No one can know for sure, but we will find out someday =D

Not to be offensive but, it appears to me that "gap Theory" stems from a lack of faith in the abilities of our Lord. All things are possible through Him, we do not need to create silly loop-holes, if you will, to maintain the integrity of the Word. "Gap theory" is an attempt to appease the secular world, that is wrong and un-Christian.

http://www.christianforums.net/f45/gap-theory-23715/

That's your last "Gap Theory" topic, Lewis. Posting it for reference purposes. Has a lot of good posts in there. People should read it.

Belief in a Pre-Adamic Creation

This doctrine also referred to as the "Ruin-Reconstruction Theory" has been included in a number of reputable Bible commentaries.
Like many Bible doctrines, the controversial Genesis gap teaching comes into dispute in some areas of its principles. There are, however a number of questions answered legitimately by this doctrine, that otherwise have no clear answers from a biblical perspective. (Bible quotes following are from the KJV version.)
The Genesis Gap in a Nutshell

This doctrine proposes that the creation of earth in Genesis chapter 1, that God gave Adam dominion of, was actually a “re-creation†and not the originally created earth. The original creation is mentioned in a single verse of the chapter (verse one) which states, “In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.â€
In verse two of Genesis chapter one, it states, “And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.†The Hebrew word “hayah†that was translated “was†in this second verse has within its definition the meanings “became,†“to become†and “came to pass.†This can properly be interpreted to mean that the earth “became without form and void.â€

An early Aramaic Old Testament paraphrase called the Targum of Onkelos, written early in the second century, renders Genesis 1:2 as “and the earth was laid waste," revealing a possible time-gap between verses 1 and 2. The earth also appears to be in a chaotic condition with darkness and a flood of water covering it. Other ancient writers including 5th century Augustin also refer to an earth that was originally created and afterward in need of having order brought back to it within these two verses.
The Great Flood Before Adam

Bible scholars who recognize this destruction of the original earth, as being a flood that destroyed prehistoric life have found reference to a catastrophic flood mentioned in the scriptures that do not match Noah’s flood, as described in Genesis chapter 8, which receded off of the earth slowly. This earlier flood and/or destruction of the earth, is also believed to be referenced in the following scriptures:

• Psalm 104:5-7, which says how God covers the earth with “the deep†and afterward removes it with a “thunderous rebuke.â€
  • Genesis 1:9, which says that God commands “let the dry land appear.â€
  • Jeremiah 4:23-27 says that Earth is "without form and void" and quaking but there is “no man†and the “birds of the heavens have fled.†God proclaims he “will not make a full end.â€
  • 2 Peter 3:5-7 discusses how the heavens were “of old†and the earth was “overflowed with water and perished†– followed by the “heavens and earth which are now†existing.
  • Isaiah 45:18 says that God did not originally create the earth in “vain†from the Hebrew “tohu va bohu†– the same term translated in Genesis 1:2 as, “without form and void.â€
Angelic Rebellion and the Pre-Adamic Earth

Some Bible scholars believe that the rebellion of the angel “Lucifer†who became the fallen angel “Satan†and the angels that followed him caused the destruction of the pre-adamic earth. The Old Testament scriptures in Isaiah 14 and Ezekiel 28 are passages that have been believed for many centuries to be referring to the fall of this mighty, “anointed†angel. Both of them state that he fell due to “pride†and not because he tempted Adam in the Garden of Eden.
They also refer to his being “cast out of heaven, to the ground†and “into hell.†This compares with scriptures in 2 Peter 2:4, Jude 6, Matthew 25:41 and Luke 10:18 that refer to angels falling and being placed into hell. It is important to note that many Bible scriptures refer to hell as being in “the heart of the earth†and “prepared for the devil and his angels†but there is no mention of its creation in Genesis.
Read on

Isaiah and Ezekiel were addressing both men who lived at the time and the evil spirits influencing these men. Many of the things attributed to them can only apply to angelic beings. The same principle is described in Ephesians 6 which states that “we wrestle not against flesh and blood†and it describes the “rulers of darkness†that influence human beings. At one point, Jesus rebuked Peter, saying, “get the behind me Satan,†referring to the evil spirit influencing him at that moment (Matthew 16:23).
Important Questions Answered

This doctrine answers the question as to whether the fall of angels believed to have become “devils†(demons) was pre-adamic or after the creation of Adam and his earth-dominion. It points strongly to this having been a pre-adamic event for the following reason, posed as a question and answer.
The question is: Isaiah, Ezekiel, II-Peter and Jude state that angels were cast down and incarcerated in hell, so if the temptation of Adam was the cause of that fall, why are they not still being held there and why was Satan the only tempter present in the Garden of Eden?
The answer? It's said that the fallen angels were in hell following a pre-adamic rebellion but Satan was loosed for a season to tempt Adam’s faithfulness to God. He will be cast into hell again and afterward "loosed for a little season" to tempt people born on earth during the future 1,000-year reign of Christ (Revelation 20:7-9). Adam’s submission to Satan’s temptation allowed-for the release of other fallen angels from their prison and in Satan gaining power on the earth (Romans 6:6, 2 Corinthians 4:4 and Matthew 4:9)
Some scholars reject the Genesis Gap due to belief that it takes away from the fact of Adam’s sin having been that which brought spiritual death to mankind. The fact is however that Satan in the Garden of Eden was a fallen angel accusing God of lying to Adam and Eve (“thou shalt not surely die,†according to Genesis 3:4).
Christians believe that had Adam not sinned, the sin of the angel both pre-adamic and that occurring in the Garden of Eden would not have passed spiritual death onto mankind. It's believed that it was Adam’s submission to the temptation and his resulting personal sin that led to man's mortality.
Sources:
NAS Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Concordance
The Wycliffe Bible Commentary
Strong's Exhaustive Concordance: Hebrew Dictionary
Chuck Missler Genesis Commentary
The Scofield Bible
Dake's Annotated Reference Bible
Clarence Larkin Dispensations

The Controversial Genesis Gap Doctrine: Belief in a Pre-Adamic Creation | Suite101.com
This thread should have been tagged with a warning for heresy.

So explain Jeremiah 4:23-28 KJV which had never happened before, and please don't try to use Genesis 1 and 2 because this is another time.

Jeremiah 4:23-28

King James Version (KJV)

23I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.
24I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.
25I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.
26I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.
27For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.
28For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black; because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.

So explain Jeremiah 4:23-28 KJV which had never happened before, and please don't try to use Genesis 1 and 2 because this is another time.

King James Version (KJV)

23I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.
24I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.
25I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.
26I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.
27For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.
28For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black; because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.
I don't know why but I have often thought of this place in scripture, it is very dramatic,"there was no man and all the birds of the heaven were fled". I always took this to mean the coming judgment of God against an evil world.

King James Version (KJV)

quote the whole thing

29The whole city shall flee for the noise of the horsemen and bowmen; they shall go into thickets, and climb up upon the rocks: every city shall be forsaken, and not a man dwell therein.
30And when thou art spoiled, what wilt thou do? Though thou clothest thyself with crimson, though thou deckest thee with ornaments of gold, though thou rentest thy face with painting, in vain shalt thou make thyself fair; thy lovers will despise thee, they will seek thy life.

and before hand

thou wilt return, O Israel, saith the LORD, return unto me: and if thou wilt put away thine abominations out of my sight, then shalt thou not remove.

2And thou shalt swear, The LORD liveth, in truth, in judgment, and in righteousness; and the nations shall bless themselves in him, and in him shall they glory.
3For thus saith the LORD to the men of Judah and Jerusalem, Break up your fallow ground, and sow not among thorns.
4Circumcise yourselves to the LORD, and take away the foreskins of your heart, ye men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem: lest my fury come forth like fire, and burn that none can quench it, because of the evil of your doings.
5Declare ye in Judah, and publish in Jerusalem; and say, Blow ye the trumpet in the land: cry, gather together, and say, Assemble yourselves, and let us go into the defenced cities.
6Set up the standard toward Zion: retire, stay not: for I will bring evil from the north, and a great destruction.
7The lion is come up from his thicket, and the destroyer of the Gentiles is on his way; he is gone forth from his place to make thy land desolate; and thy cities shall be laid waste, without an inhabitant.
8For this gird you with sackcloth, lament and howl: for the fierce anger of the LORD is not turned back from us.
9And it shall come to pass at that day, saith the LORD, that the heart of the king shall perish, and the heart of the princes; and the priests shall be astonished, and the prophets shall wonder.
10Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people and Jerusalem, saying, Ye shall have peace; whereas the sword reacheth unto the soul.
11At that time shall it be said to this people and to Jerusalem, A dry wind of the high places in the wilderness toward the daughter of my people, not to fan, nor to cleanse,
12Even a full wind from those places shall come unto me: now also will I give sentence against them.
13Behold, he shall come up as clouds, and his chariots shall be as a whirlwind: his horses are swifter than eagles. Woe unto us! for we are spoiled.
14O Jerusalem, wash thine heart from wickedness, that thou mayest be saved. How long shall thy vain thoughts lodge within thee?
15For a voice declareth from Dan, and publisheth affliction from mount Ephraim.
16Make ye mention to the nations; behold, publish against Jerusalem, that watchers come from a far country, and give out their voice against the cities of Judah.
17As keepers of a field, are they against her round about; because she hath been rebellious against me, saith the LORD.
18Thy way and thy doings have procured these things unto thee; this is thy wickedness, because it is bitter, because it reacheth unto thine heart.
19My bowels, my bowels! I am pained at my very heart; my heart maketh a noise in me; I cannot hold my peace, because thou hast heard, O my soul, the sound of the trumpet, the alarm of war.
20Destruction upon destruction is cried; for the whole land is spoiled: suddenly are my tents spoiled, and my curtains in a moment.
21How long shall I see the standard, and hear the sound of the trumpet? 22For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge

is he talking about total destruction of isreal and its removal from the landscape ie judah? yup.

who was jermamiah adressing? the poeple of judah. if there were cities prior to the men of today, why does it say here this?

25I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled

so either men lived before genesis one or adam wasnt the first man to walk the earth. it mention mountians . that means tectonic activity and also the stars.hmm

i think this is just an acopolyptic hyberbole.

I don't know why but I have often thought of this place in scripture, it is very dramatic,"there was no man and all the birds of the heaven were fled". I always took this to mean the coming judgment of God against an evil world.
it could be the final solution for the earth. thus the need for a new heaven and new earth. the new earth wont have a sea. so it maybe that God will destroy the earth.

it doesnt fit lewis idea of gap creationism as that implies a clear violation of death entered the world through adam. God didnt say that he wouldnt destroy the earth, just not with a flood. peter spoke of the elements melting with a fervent heat.hmm

it may be after the millenium as men survive the final battle as that is only in isreal not on all the earth.

In the first earth age,we didnt die,we just went back to heaven,only the animals died,ie the dinosaurs....It's like this,had satan not rebelled,we would never have been made flesh...

In the world that was (2nd Pet 3:6 , Gen 1:1) all souls lived, we were all alive in the first earth age. Then satan rebelled (Isa 14:12-14) and caused one-third of the souls (God's children) to join him in a rebellion and attempted take-over of the Throne of God (Rev 12:4a). At that time, we were all alive yes, but we were in spiritual bodies (1st Cor 15:44).

God promptly destroyed that first earth age (Gen 1:2a, and recalled all souls back to Him, so to speak. At that time satan (Lucifer, the devil, the dragon,... he's the same one entity) was judged to eternal death, "...and never shalt thou be any more" (Ezek 28:16-19). This judgment has not yet been executed, but is written of in Rev 20:10).

God now had a dilemma on His hands, what to do with the one-third of His children who joined satan and rebelled against God? Well God chose not to destroy those one-third of His children as He had sentenced satan to destruction. look at it like this: "if you had three children, could you bring yourself to kill one of them, no matter how they had betrayed you?"

So God created this second earth age in where the souls would be tried again. Is this a second chance, you ask? Yes it is. Will there be any more second chances in this age? No, "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment" (Heb 9:27). This entire age, this world, and the existence that we know is one big second chance. But not all fell in the first earth age, not all followed satan. But all must go through this second age, this flesh life, wherein every soul is born innocent into this world having no recollection of that first age, nor whether they stood or fell during that first age.

Unfair? Well, we know that God is not unfair! And I wonder which of us would have resent it, or would have objected if God decided to give the one-third of our brethren a second chance by running this second age? Not that I say that God acted by committee. But we are all here nonetheless.

And before we get into too much into finger-pointing at the one-third who followed satan — the other two-thirds didn't do so hot either. For if all of the other two-thirds had remained steadfast, the rebellion would have been put down without requiring God's drastic intervention (the termination of an entire age). Perhaps the great majority of those remaining two-thirds were like the great majority of people today; i.e., while they are not inherently evil, they are monumentally indifferent.

When I bring up the below verse

Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

most say God knew because He knows everything,I try to point out that it's not that,but He actually knew him....Also in the verses below........

Romans 9:11
"(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of Him That calleth;"

Romans 9:13 "As it is written "Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated."

How and why could He hate Easu before He was even born,simple,He knew him in the first earth age.......

I mean,look at Paul,a persecuter of Christians,until Christ intervened,why did He,appear to Paul the way He did,think about it......

n2thelight

The inclusion of links to questionable sites will cause the posts to be deleted.

You will not post any messages; links, images or photos that promote a religion or belief other than Biblical and historical Christianity (atheism is considered a "belief" for the purposes of this rule). Discussing these doctrines are fine, as long as the beliefs are not actively promoted. This includes Universal Reconciliation, Universal Salvation, Serpent seed, Dual Seed or Two-Seedline doctrine which are only allowed in the 1 on 1 Debate Forum. This is a Christian Forum as the name suggests.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back