Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Genesis Code

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I saw this movie that postulated an interesting idea. In this Christian movie, some college students define the six days of creation in varying lengths. Day one from a human perspective was 8000000000 years long. Day 2, 4000000000 years long, day 3, 2000000000 years long. Day 4, 1000000000 years long. Day 5, 500000000 years long. Day 6, 250000000 years long. In their explantion, from God's perspective, creation was six days long. From our perspective, creation may have taken 15.75 billion years.

On a side note, Gleason Archer, in his book 'Bible Difficulties', explains that in Genesis, the six days are actually six lengths of time.

I hold to a literal six 24-hour days. I have to say that this theory is interesting.

How long do you think it took Adam to name all of the animals listed in Genesis 2?

Not long!

He had the Lord doing all the "heavy lifting", bringing them to Adam to name.

Out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them. And whatever Adam called each living creature, that was its name.

No more than a year or two at the most.

JLB

Not long!

He had the Lord doing all the "heavy lifting", bringing them to Adam to name.

Out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them. And whatever Adam called each living creature, that was its name.

No more than a year or two at the most.

JLB

I am glad that you said that. According to scripture, that event supposedly was part of day 6 of creation....

I saw this movie that postulated an interesting idea. In this Christian movie, some college students define the six days of creation in varying lengths. Day one from a human perspective was 8000000000 years long. Day 2, 4000000000 years long, day 3, 2000000000 years long. Day 4, 1000000000 years long. Day 5, 500000000 years long. Day 6, 250000000 years long. In their explantion, from God's perspective, creation was six days long. From our perspective, creation may have taken 15.75 billion years.

On a side note, Gleason Archer, in his book 'Bible Difficulties', explains that in Genesis, the six days are actually six lengths of time.

I hold to a literal six 24-hour days. I have to say that this theory is interesting.

Why is it that the only days in question are the first six? Was yesterday 2.6 billion years long? How about the day before that, 18 million years long? What about last thursday? Was that 5.56 million years long? Did it ever occur to you that people who try to disprove a 6 literal day creation are trying to destroy your faith?
"I hold to a literal six 24-hour days. I have to say that this theory is interesting." Really? If you do hold to such things then you must not be holding to tightly if you are so easily swayed. A little yeast works through the whole dough my friend. When people even entertain clear and blatent contradictions to the word of God then Satan comes in and steals the word that was planted in you. "When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart." Dont underestimate Satan he has been doing what he does for 6000 years...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back