Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Gospel In A Nutshell.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

JAG ..

The video - about 1 minute.

The text of the video:

The Gospel In A Nutshell:
"2 Cor. 5:21 He made Him who knew no sin, to be sin for us,
that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him. Let
me unpack those 15 Greek words: He God made Jesus sin.
What do you mean He made Jesus sin? Only in one sense:
He treated Him as if He had committed every sin ever
committed by every person who would believe though in fact
Jesus committed none of them. Hanging on The Cross he was
Holy, Harmless, and Undefiled.
Hanging on The Cross He was the Spotless Lamb, He was never
a split second a sinner. He was Holy God on The Cross, but God
is treating Him -I'll put it more practically, as if He had lived my life.
God punished Jesus for my sin, turns right around and treats me
as if I had lived His life. That's the great doctrine of Substitution and
on that doctrine turned the whole reformation of the Christian Church,
that is the heart of the gospel and what you get is complete forgiveness
covered by the righteousness of Jesus Christ. When God looks at The
Cross He sees you and when He looks at you He sees Christ."
__John MacArthur

JAG

[]

Thoughts?

`

'Gospel' means 'good news':

32And now we proclaim to you the good news: What God promised our fathers 33He has fulfilled for us, their children, by raising up Jesus.

38Therefore let it be known to you, brothers, that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. 39Through Him everyone who believes is justified from everything you could not be justified from by the law of Moses. Acts 13:32-38

The text of the video:

__John MacArthur

JAG

[]

Thoughts?

`
John MacArthur is in for a rude awakening. Even the Apostle Paul said he would stand before the Judgement of God and give an answer as to the deeds HE did while in the body, good and bad. If MacArthur thinks he is getting all the rewards Jesus received no matter how he lived, he’s in for one big shock. God is not so unjust.

2 Cor 5:10

that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him.

When God looks at The
`
That mans order is the wrong way around.

God sees Christ, long before the cross, and we also before the cross, were under the elements of the world. ( without hope. Ephesians 2:12-13.)

When the fulness of the time appointed of the Father was come, God sent forth His Son, made of a woman, made under the law, to redeem them that were under the law. ( we were in bondage under the elements of the world.)

We were redeemed/made near to God by the blood of Christ. ( the same as animals were sacrificed for us, when in the law, the animals who knew no sin, to be made sin/an offering for sin, for us.)

God laid the iniquity of us all on Christ.

That High Priest Jesus Christ became us, ( we believe in becoming one with Him. John 17:23.) to be holy, undefiled, separate from sinners, made higher than the heavens. ( sitting in heavenly places with Jesus Christ. Ephesians 2:6.)

Isaiah 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Ephesians 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Ephesians 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Galatians 4:2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.
3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:
4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

Hebrews 7:26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;
27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.

Hebrews 10:4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

Specifically about the righteousness of God in Him.

If we believe we are risen with Him, we believe we are alive from the dead, yielding our bodies as instruments of righteousness unto God.

Being swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath, as the wrath of man works not the righteousness of God. ( showing that God does not see us through Christ, but sees Christ through Christ in the working of God in us.( if we did not do the work, we would be deceiving our own selves/the false teachers desire.)

That is being filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ, unto the praise and glory of
God.

Romans 6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

Philippians 1:11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

James 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

I’ve always thought that this very comforting but deeply false teaching that God can only see Jesus when He looks at us rather insulting and troubling. Imagine a believer did something terribly wrong to you and you go the Judge of all the earth and He says, “What are you talking about? I can only see Jesus everywhere!”

The text of the video:

__John MacArthur

JAG

[]

Thoughts?

`
Theme of the Bible: The vindication of Jehovah's Sovereignty and the fulfillment of His purpose for the earth by means of His Kingdom under Christ, the promised offspring. Gen 3:15

Everything in the Bible relates to that.

meaning_orig.jpg

Back