Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The government can't or wont.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

reba

Medicare and Medicaid are very difficult to deal with. They do not pay the provider. They let crazy paper work and beauracy allow them to not pay providers for care that has been provided. We are leaving our small rural practice because although we have been providing care for folks that believe government is paying their healthcare costs, listen; it doesn't! No 'money from Medicaid as of yet since November 1, 2011. Lots of care given but no reimbursement!! Medicare refuses to pay for any care given from November and December 2011 through January 8, 2012.it is a sham!!! The American people believe that the "system" that they have paid in to is covering costs, but it is not! We want to help those who need it. That is what we do as Americans of faith! I am so irritated as I am listening to former President Bill Clinton! Please! We have given so much free care that will never be reimbursed because people need it. It is for the good of the American spirit. We love our community and it's people! Dang it!!! We wouldn't change our ability to help those in need, but these lies are driving me crazy! We will help you! The government beauracy will not!!!!

It sounds to me like you are saying you are involved with, or are a rural healthcare provider. Is that true?

That is odd, considering when my Grandma was going through her cancer treatments this last year, we still received statements from the hospital that showed what Medicare was covering and how much. We still receive statements of what was covered. Just saying that I haven't witnessed this. I'm not denying it, just wondering if maybe its the state you are in? You live in California right Reba?

I don't know about Medicare, but lots of providers have opted out of medicaid. Its not selfishness. My parents know some local docs who did the Medicare+Medicaid thing for years, because they saw it as a way to give back to the community. Then paperwork hassles, lowered reimbursement rates, etc. etc. They opted out.

Well, you know the saying: To err is human; to foul things up takes...bureaucracy.

(...or a computer...)

Like the statement you guys received about your Grandma i received one stating they would not pay him ... they also refused to pay the local eye doctor... Just not going to....

The little hospital here has the same kind of problems...With both medicare and medcaid.

He is the old fashion kind of doc.... he makes house calls... knowing he wont be paid.... His phone number is available to any one...He carries his bag in the pickup has sewen up guys in the store or at the roundups....

Yes lucky me i live in CA

Well, you know the saying: To err is human; to foul things up takes...bureaucracy.
I do believe what was meant to be a good thing just gets buried in the system....

Last edited by a moderator:
I work for a major health care provider here in central Texas. We stopped taking new Medicare, Medicaid, and Tricare patients before ObamaCare was passed. Regardless of the health care reform law, public insurance has abysmal reimbursement rates. That isn't to say that private insurance is much better.

The third party payer system inflates the price of medical care. The purpose of insurance is to mitigate risk, not subsidize cost.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back