Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Great Tribulation

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
May I ask where Jesus was resurrected to Dw? Where do those who are redeemed from the earth go to when they are resurrected?: Re 14:3 and they sing as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four living creatures and the elders: and no man could learn the song save the hundred and forty and four thousand, [even] they that had been purchased out of the earth.

You are very perceptive of realizing that most humans will inherit the earth, but they are not part of the first resurrection recorded in Rev 20:6 rather they are the ones who come to life at the end of the thousand years of verse 5
Scripture says they are standing on Mt Zion which is a hill in Jerusalem.

14 Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion,and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father’s name written on their foreheads

Scripture never says they leave the earth.It says they are standing on it.

Last edited:
After the 1000 years we have the Rapture event with the Great White Throne and some resurrect to life eternal and some to the Lake of Fire.
Then we are all caught up into the air as the Old Earth gets consumed and we come back down to the New Earth and enter into God's rest.

So when does that the Marriage Supper of the Lamb to be? And what is the scripture for it?

I don't know where Dw is... but Jesus was resurrected to Earth.
He walked in the garden, visited the upper room and ate fish with the boys.
That stuff was on the Earth.

To Earth.
All part of that first resurection.

And there seems to be a bit of confusion between the redeemed and the 144k.

Right.
After the 1000 years we have the Rapture event with the Great White Throne and some resurrect to life eternal and some to the Lake of Fire.
Then we are all caught up into the air as the Old Earth gets consumed and we come back down to the New Earth and enter into God's rest.
I don't know where Dw is... but Jesus was resurrected to Earth.
He walked in the garden, visited the upper room and ate fish with the boys.
That stuff was on the Earth.
Thou art DW sir. Jesus was resurrected to earth, but 40 days later returned to heaven:
Ac 1:3 To whom he also showed himself alive after his passion by many proofs, appearing unto them by the space of forty days, . . .Ac 1:9 And when he had said these things, as they were looking, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

And there seems to be a bit of confusion between the redeemed and the 144k.
They are the redeemed sir, just the rendering from that version of the Bible, the KJV renders it: Re 14:3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth
Scriptural evidence Dw?

Nearly the entire Bible says there will be people on earth including those who reign with Christ in the Lord's land.

Ever since Abraham was promised that land 1000s of years ago for an everlasting possession.God will keep his promise he made to Abraham.

Genesis 17:8
The whole land of Canaan, where you now reside as a foreigner, I will give as an everlasting possession to you and your descendants after you; and I will be their God.”

Everlasting is a mighty long time.Abraham will dwell in Canaan for that amount of time.
Nearly the entire Bible says there will be people on earth including those who reign with Christ in the Lord's land.

Ever since Abraham was promised that land 1000s of years ago for an everlasting possession.God will keep his promise he made to Abraham.
I fully agree Shi, the vast majority of God's people will in fact inherit the earth and reside forever upon it Ps 37:29

Scripture says they are standing on Mt Zion which is a hill in Jerusalem.

14 Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion,and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father’s name written on their foreheads

Scripture never says they leave the earth.It says they are standing on it.
They are not standing on that Mt Zion Shi. It is a figurative Mt Zion.

They are not standing on that Mt Zion Shi. It is a figurative Mt Zion.
They are standing on Mt Zion.
Jesus comes back to Jerusalem
Revelation shows Jesus and the resurected saints in the land of Israel for the entire millinium.After which Gog,Persia,Ethiopia surround Jerusalem and God destroys all that host with fire from heaven.
Ezekiel 37-39 confirms this.

Revelation20
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

I am afraid if you do not believe Jesus returned to heaven, not those redeemed from the earth went there there is nothing I can say to change your mind since I showed you the passages. Thanks for your input on it 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Revelation shows Jesus and the resurected saints in the land of Israel for the entire millinium.After which Gog,Persia,Ethiopia surround Jerusalem and God destroys all that host with fire from heaven.
Ezekiel 37-39 confirms this.

Revelation20
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
I gave you my opinion, you gave me yours, now we wait to see how it plays out.

You are quite correct, Jesus was resurrected to earth, and I apologize for not understanding that you understood that, I mistakenly thought you were indicating he did not return to heaven. My misunderstanding came from you stating originally that all in Rev 20 was on earth, and I pointed out how verse 6 was not. Those of the first resurrection are resurrected to heaven sir.

dwb001 is my name. Initials you understand.
You are quite correct, Jesus was resurrected to earth, and I apologize for not understanding that you understood that, I mistakenly thought you were indicating he did not return to heaven. My misunderstanding came from you stating originally that all in Rev 20 was on earth, and I pointed out how verse 6 was not. Those of the first resurrection are resurrected to heaven sir.

Where is any evidence that verse 6 is not on Earth?
Those of the first resurrection are to Earth.
I see no evidence in chapter 20 that anything occurs other than on Earth... the Old Earth.

dwb001 is my name. Initials you understand.

Where is any evidence that verse 6 is not on Earth?
Those of the first resurrection are to Earth.
I see no evidence in chapter 20 that anything occurs other than on Earth... the Old Earth.
Those of the first resurrection are resurrected to heaven sir, Rev 14:3.

Who are those of the first resurrection DWB?

Hmmm... the first resurrection...
  • Well my take would be the 7 Churches. If they endure. The Thyatiran Church will rule the nations. Rev 2:26-27. So I see that Church sitting on the thrones that are set up in Rev 20:4. Fits nicely.
  • Those who didn't take the Mark are also included... this would not include those before the Trib as there was no Mark to refuse. Also if there is no Beast to worship... how can you say that anyone resisted worshipping the Beast? Rev 20:4

Thou art DW sir. Jesus was resurrected to earth, but 40 days later returned to heaven:
Ac 1:3 To whom he also showed himself alive after his passion by many proofs, appearing unto them by the space of forty days, . . .Ac 1:9 And when he had said these things, as they were looking, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

They are the redeemed sir, just the rendering from that version of the Bible, the KJV renders it: Re 14:3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth

Scriptural evidence Dw?
You need to tag a member you are addressing by their user name. It will look like this but no spaces. @ dwb001

We address each member by their member name unless they want us to know their real name. You will address this member as dwb001 unless he wants to give you his given name.

Opening this thread. Please stay on topic and respect the ToS 1.1, 1.3 and 1.5 or this thread will be closed permanently.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back