Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Green religion

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

pugsly

Once upon a time there was a lush garden that sprang up over a billion years. It was full of beauty, of evolving plants and animals living in perfect balance and harmony. Very recently, however, a clever creature evolved--mankind. Man lived for a while in balance and equality with Nature. It was a time of great joy, with no sexual boundaries and everyone shared everything equally.
Then, one day, the first "bad" Man stopped sharing. He entertained the first hierarchical ideals of inequality when he began to hunt for animal meat and then stopped sharing his food, his sex partner and his shelter. He horded food, took a "wife" for himself only and built a private "family" shelter-all of which he now had to defend.
Thus, war and hatred and greed and manipulation were born. Humanity had taken a "wrong turn" or, you might say, fell from Nature's good graces (similar to Adam and Eve in the Garden) because of the advent of hierarchical thinking. And, what we now refer to as "civilization".
But wait....today's Green religion has developed a narrative of redemption where we can set things right again-where we can restore our lost purity with a Green, ethical return to Nature.
Your penance....REDUCE, REUSE and RECYCLE is just the begining.... You must also LOATH all hints of human domination.....expunge all hierarchical thinking (especially religion) from your life! Deconstruct civilization back to the soil and live "free" again in harmony with Nature.

Now, that's not too much to ask is it?

Well since we don't have a second earth in our pant's pockets, wouldn't it be a wise idea to worry about keeping the only world that we have somewhat funcional so it can sustain our species?
It's not a religion, it's a necessity. Some people put a lot of passion into environmentalism, but passion isn't making it a religion.

Well since we don't have a second earth in our pant's pockets, wouldn't it be a wise idea to worry about keeping the only world that we have somewhat funcional so it can sustain our species?
It's not a religion, it's a necessity. Some people put a lot of passion into environmentalism, but passion isn't making it a religion.

I've laid out for you a view of Nature and Humanity that is based on several false premises....ie.....that Nature is utterly equal and at peace and that human beings are out of order via our adoption of "hierarchical" views (religion for example)......that the idea of "marriage", "family", "home", "personal possesions" and "civilization" are contrary to natural harmony.

Now, there is a God who wants us to dominate and subdue Nature and indeed our very own natures.....as the ultimate path to order and peace....(eg.....if I keep my greed in check I won't abuse the environment....or if I keep my libido in check I won't rape or if I keep my anger in check I won't kill....etc). Letting our natural inclinations run loose is the opposite of responsible stewardship of the resources God has given us.

The Green religion deconstructs our spiritual reasons for not acting like wild animals.....which is not a path to peace and harmony but rather the rule of the Strong over the Weak....as we see in the animal kingdom.

Im sure God wasn't worried about his creation when he flooded it and killed many a species.oh. I know a woman who is into that passion I would hardly call her not a fanatic.

I've laid out for you a view of Nature and Humanity that is based on several false premises....ie.....that Nature is utterly equal and at peace and that human beings are out of order via our adoption of "hierarchical" views (religion for example)......that the idea of "marriage", "family", "home", "personal possesions" and "civilization" are contrary to natural harmony.

Now, there is a God who wants us to dominate and subdue Nature and indeed our very own natures.....as the ultimate path to order and peace....(eg.....if I keep my greed in check I won't abuse the environment....or if I keep my libido in check I won't rape or if I keep my anger in check I won't kill....etc). Letting our natural inclinations run loose is the opposite of responsible stewardship of the resources God has given us.

The Green religion deconstructs our spiritual reasons for not acting like wild animals.....which is not a path to peace and harmony but rather the rule of the Strong over the Weak....as we see in the animal kingdom.
I think most of them are just sick and tired of watching those who claim to be Christian sit around and do nothing while the environment is destroyed, and maybe a lot of those Christians are participating in its destruction.

this Christian cares but im also skeptical of things just because a certain money hungry group wants to make money.

I recycle, I also cut of lights not in use.

Every single person living the modern lifestyle is contributing to the "destruction" of the environment if that is how one defines it,those oil companies,chemical companies,mining companies ect are not out there doing their thing just to kill spotted owls and snail darters....they are supplying the eagerly waiting to consume masses,some of whom point fingers at others and fly around in private jets to tell the rest of us that we are raping the planet by consuming perhaps one tenth in a year of what they consume in a month to just get by and survive.

Back