Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The "Hello" thread!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
For you arachniphobes and gamers:

154_health_bar_spider.jpg

[CSB]

When I was a kid we had an Atari 800 computer that had a game called "Mountain King" (yes it even had the music). Well, the idea was to go through the different levels of the mountain and pic up as many diamond bits as you could. On the bottom floor of the mountain there was a huge spider that would first come out and wrap you in a web, then if you were unable to escape, come back and "finish you off."

Us kids, knowing how my mom felt about spiders encouraged her to play the game without telling her what was going to happen. We told her to go down the bottom floor, and when the spider appeared (which, since this was an 80's computer game the graphics were pretty bad) she freaked out and dropped the controller. The spider wrapped her little guy in a web, then since she didn't escape in time the spider finished her off.

Good times....

[/CSB]

Hi all!
I don't know if we have a similar thread on the forum, but i thought it would be nice to just post a Hello, Good day or Good evening to all the wonderful folks on here when we come onto the forum!

So i'll say .............

Hi everyone!:)

Mark

Hello, Mark, from othe Great Basin Desert.

Hello, Mark, from othe Great Basin Desert.
I once drove from Phoenix to LA. As we came near to Yuma I could see the mountains in the far distance and a thought occurred to me. It is amazing how anyone on foot with a team of oxen, a wagon, all their possessions, and their children once stood there looking across that vast expanse, not knowing where the next water supply was, and said to themselves, "We are going there!"
Purely amazing!

Good afternoon,

I once saw this utube video where a man had a large jar, climbing a ladder, to capture a huge spider on the ceiling. The man's little daughter said, 'Be careful daddy.' Just as the man was starting to quickly put the jar over the huge spider, the spider jumped on the man, and he freaked out tripping on the ladder and falling to the ground. In the background, you could hear the man's little daughter say, 'I told you to be careful.' lol

- Davies

I am actually terrified of spiders, true story. That's why I know God has a sense of humor, I see one bigger than my little finger nail and I scream like a girl and run. We get big jungle tarantulas in the house sometimes and i run out. Thayanee has to kill them for me. Everyone thinks it's hilarious except me! Gonna have nightmares now just thinking about them....
Goodnight all and God bless
The World's biggest and strongest spider web was found in Madagascar.
82 feet (25 meters)—about as long as two city buses. :o

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/...r-webs-madagascar-science-pictures-strongest/

Good morning everyone, Fariecat,BB Gun? Hmmmmmmn THAT"s a great
idea!
Knotical the wolf spider in that picture is about the same size as the Jungle tarantula's we get here. The wolf spiders are harmless but still freak me out.

In oz we have the funnel web spider which can kill you and the red back pictured below. The red back is a relative of your American Black widow. Usually makes someone very sick,but people have died from anaphylactic shock /hypersensitivity. The snake it killed is a whip snake also poisonous, but not deadly.
The photo as below aren't photo shopped by the way. They were taken in my home town.
There are also Golden orb weaver spiders in the northern tropics that build webs that catch birds which they then kill and feed from. Probably similar to the Madagascan one Agape mentioned.

Just to keep us on our toes here in LOS, we have this to deal with quite often (once for me). You always turn the light on when you visit the small room at night.

yes it is a cobra and no,not photshopped

Just to keep us on our toes here in LOS, we have this to deal with quite often (once for me). You always turn the light on when you visit the small room at night.

yes it is a cobra and no,not photshopped

That is when you have "Exit Only" tattooed down below, assuming of course that the cobra can read.

I am actually terrified of spiders, true story. That's why I know God has a sense of humor, I see one bigger than my little finger nail and I scream like a girl and run. We get big jungle tarantulas in the house sometimes and i run out. Thayanee has to kill them for me. Everyone thinks it's hilarious except me! Gonna have nightmares now just thinking about them....
Goodnight all and God bless

Thayanee is a beautiful name! Your wife?
But you guys killing spiders makes me sad. :sad I love spiders. They are so incredible and beautiful. And they can make a "6 feet plus and 200lbs of tattooed martial artist" scream like a little girl, for that epic accomplishment they deserve to live!! :yes
Your wife could capture them with a drinking glass or something like that and put a sheet of paper under it to carefully entrap the spider inside the glass, and then carry it outside and find a safe spot to set it free. That's how I would handle a spider I have to get rid of (usually I just let them live in my room if they want to, they don't bother me at all... but then, middle European spiders tend to be very harmless, don't know about the Asian ones).

When I lived in northern Maine I had a pair of room mates who were massive arachnaphobes. Like burn the house down there's a spider arachnaphobe. I had also taught the wife half of the couple how to (safely and accurately) fire our pellet gun. One day there's a wood spider -- big giant fuzzy harmless spiders native to that area -- on the stairs to their cabin (their cabin was on the 2nd floor, workshop was underneath). So the wife half goes into the workshop, gets the pellet gun and calmly shoots the wood spider dead. Just so they could go into their house ...

Well normally I'd be sad about the killed spider, but that story made me laugh hard.
Plus, the story confirms a stereotype people have about Americans: There's no problem that could't be solved with a gun. :biggrin

Thayanee is a beautiful name! Your wife?
But you guys killing spiders makes me sad. :sad I love spiders. They are so incredible and beautiful. And they can make a "6 feet plus and 200lbs of tattooed martial artist" scream like a little girl, for that epic accomplishment they deserve to live!! :yes
Your wife could capture them with a drinking glass or something like that and put a sheet of paper under it to carefully entrap the spider inside the glass, and then carry it outside and find a safe spot to set it free. That's how I would handle a spider I have to get rid of (usually I just let them live in my room if they want to, they don't bother me at all... but then, middle European spiders tend to be very harmless, don't know about the Asian ones).

Hi Claudia, yeah wifes name. Pronounced Thai-ahh-neee.
Sad? nope sorry . Break into my house like a thief in the night and you will pay dearly.
Deserve to live? Agreed,but not within a 200metre radius of my place.
Epic accomplishment? Now that's just plain mean:)
Asian spiders have harmless and harmful. Unfortunately I don't stick around long enough to ask them which they are.

We have both black widows and brown recluses here, and I really don't care to find out what they will do to me should I allow them to bite me. Especially the brown recluse since they have the necro-toxin.

Claudya, would you want to try to catch a wolf spider (like the one I posted) with a glass and piece of paper?

Claudya, would you want to try to catch a wolf spider (like the one I posted) with a glass and piece of paper?
Hm, maybe with a 10 liter bucket and a big piece of paper?
But I read on wikipedia that most wolf spiders are harmless, so I'd rather keep it, give it a name and teach it tricks. :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back