Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study The I AM of the Bible-Part 1

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I want to look at the Seven I AMs of the gospel of John.It is a basic necessity for all believers to know automatically the themes of the 4 gospels, and to whom they were written.
This is ultra basic.The gospel of Matthew was written to the Jewish believers in first century Israel and the theme of the book is "Jesus the Messiah the King of the Jews." Messiah means The Anointed One and HE was promised to Israel and had to be born of the line of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Judah, and David, so HE is an Israelite. This is the English translation of the word in the Hebrew Old Testament.In the New Testament, HIS title is THE CHRIST.
Because Matthew was writing to a Jewish audience he does not need to explain things, such as binding and loosing, as these words were employed by the religious leaders of that day to emphasise their human authority over the people of Israel. When we study the same events in Mark and Luke they often explain thing of the Jewish background but Matthew never needed to.
The theme of the gospel of Mark is "Jesus the Messiah the SERVANT OF YHWH". Mark wrote primarily to a Roman audience. He knew that that Romans idea of things was action, specifically an order given an order obeyed.Hence it is no surprise that 40 times in this gospel we see Jesus did the will of HIS FATHER immediately, straightaway, forthwith-euthus in the Greek. This theme is based on a major theme of the prophet Isaiah. Jesus came as a man to do the will of the FATHER.HE had to set aside the independent use of HIS divine attributes. Most of the works HE did were in conjunction with the HOLY SPIRIT , WHO anointed HIM publicly when Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist. Jesus could have used HIS divine attributes at any time in HIS thirty-three years plus but for all that time HE submitted to the will of the FATHER. Hence whilst Jesus is omniscient in HIS deity GOD THE FATHER had to wake HIM each morning to train HIM in The WORD in HIS humanity, as prophesied in Isaiah 50:4-9.
The theme of Luke is " Jesus the Messiah the SON OF MAN", emphasising HIS perfect humanity, and this gospel was written primarily not Greeks. One of the characteristics of the Greeks has they wanted everything in an exact chronological order, and hence Luke is the only one to write his gospel in the precise order in time, and he confirms this in Luke 1:3-4.
The gospel that emphasizes the deity of Jesus the most is the gospel of John and his theme is " Jesus the Messiah, the SON OF GOD". This is the latest written of the gospels and the audience was to all. Essentially John writes even to unbelievers as he makes clear in John 20:30.
All the gospels prove all of these themes but each had its own specific emphasis.These themes about Jesus are based on.The BRANCH motif found in Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Zechariah, and whilst each writer chose HIS own theme it was under the direction.of the HOLY SPIRIT.
Please, please remember these themes.Next time I will look at something in the Old Testament concerning the man/ title. I AM.By the way, you need to know that much of the structure of the gospel of John is based on three sevens ie 7 signs, 7 discourses and 7 I AMs.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back