Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The idea of making money out of jesus..

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Thas

Now I don't mean this in a nasty or judgmental way but I just get feel a bit bad when giving to my "church". Most of the money goes towards wages that keep the place up and running and also the events they do that help countless people. But it feels as if I'm paying them to tell me about Jesus (Needless to say I rarely give). Also Worship bands such as Hillsong United that sell their CD's it pays them. I know we should use our talents to advance the kingdom but it just feels a bit materialistic. Any thoughts?

The money we give to the ministry should never be questioned as long as it is not misappropriated for the wrong things as lining the pockets of others. If a Church has a full time staff then they should make a certain wage for the work they put into keeping the ministry functional as at times depending on the Church this can be a full time job.

In the Church we use to have our books were always opened to the public to see where their money was going. Unfortunately people quit giving and all the finances fell on the Pastor and his family, except a very small percentage that did give every week. Eventually, we on the board decided to close the doors of the Church as the Pastor was allowing his family to go in debt and without their needs to be met just to hold on to the building. We became a home Bible study group with those who stayed with us, but even that dwindled down to just a handful of us that still share together.

You mentioned about the money that helps countless people. Is this not a good thing in your eyes or am I misunderstanding what you wrote here. If the band makes money off of the CD's this money needs to go back into the ministry for the whole function of helping others in need as for Missions and for the overall maintenance of the building, utilities and the housing for the Pastor and his family as we are to take care of the Pastor's needs so they can be about our Fathers business in tending the flock.

I hope I shed some light on the Churches finances as when we give we are giving unto the Lord with a cheerful heart as we always want to give our best to further the works of the Lord.

So a church with out heat or lights? Ya get the idea..... When a pastor has to support his family with a job besides being pastor something suffers. Either he can not give the employer the time he should or he must say "i cant make to the hospital while your dear one is suffering i have to go to work...Some folks might be surprised at how often a pastor is called out in the night.... Illness, family fights, accidents,

When we use a service or product we expect to pay for it... Walk into the cafe and dont pay :grumpy I see the services of a church in the same light...

Told to you as a preachers kid.

I am not speaking of the mega churches i do not care for them that is my hang-up

Well, they do need the money.
At my church, our pastor believes that the members have every right to know exactly where the church's money is going. So it's all printed out on some sheets of paper each month and passed out during business meetings.

Now I don't mean this in a nasty or judgmental way but I just get feel a bit bad when giving to my "church". Most of the money goes towards wages that keep the place up and running and also the events they do that help countless people. But it feels as if I'm paying them to tell me about Jesus (Needless to say I rarely give). Also Worship bands such as Hillsong United that sell their CD's it pays them. I know we should use our talents to advance the kingdom but it just feels a bit materialistic. Any thoughts?

You sound like the perfect candidate to evangelize the Jews and start the first Jewish Church where you collect te tithes.

Do not muzzle the Ox is a verse which means you as such a gospel spreading minister ti the unsaved Jews should, indeed be "feed" bythe congregation you build.

Back