Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study The Judgement of Christ

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
ok i will turn the table what is it you dont understand when i say separate

You don't have to turn any tables as I know where you are coming from as many teach two resurrections being at different times, but that is not what is written.

Matthew 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: 32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: 33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

John 5:27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. 28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Rev 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

When I read all the scriptures of Jesus sitting at the right hand of God and these scriptures that speak about the judgement of Christ, the judgement seat of Christ, the Great White throne judgement where God is sitting on the throne and the books that are opened, Matthew 25:31-34; John 5:27-29; 2 Corinthians 5:10; Rev 11:18; Rev 20:4-6; Rev 20:11, 12, this makes me believe that at the Great White Throne judgement God will be sitting on His throne and Jesus is there seated at Gods right hand now on His throne. All (saints and sinners) have been called from their graves (one resurrection) and the sheep are then separated from the goats as the sheep, being those of God and His Son will stand before the judgement seat of Christ as they have been given their new glorified bodies and their names found in the book of life. They will then be judged for their good works they did as being the continued works of the Lord being in Gods will and receive their crown rewards and their inheritance of the Kingdom of God. The goats being those who are not Gods will be judged out of the other books and their judgement is that of rejecting God and His Son and their punishment is being cast into the lake of fire.

Scripture never speaks of two resurrections, but only one resurrection, John 5:28, 29 and a second death being that of death and hell being cast into the lake of fire, Rev 20:14, 15. There are two separate judgements, but only one resurrection as all will occur at the same time when Christ returns and sits on His throne at the Great White Throne Judgement then will God renew the heaven and earth and usher down the New Jerusalem.

John 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Does a King and the Judge bring His sons forth on a public display and judge them there?

How do we not understand?

Jn 5:24 Truly, truly, I say to you he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death in to life.

Now the Lord reproves those He loves, and He does not leave His children unpunished, but the punishment of a child is not like the judgment of a rebellious criminal of the state. That if a fearful judgment indeed. Yet if a person truly hears Him talking to them don't they understanding, and hasn't it been explained? Your are treated as a child raise by a loving father. He explains things to you and teaches you. He disciplines you and reproves you for your sake. He is not harsh but neither is He unwise in bringing you up. Yet you know you do not come into the judgment, but you have passed out of death in to life. So teaching, discipline, reproof, and all that with love is what you find with Him.

And as for Him being King and on the throne, He is already King of kings and Lord of lords. He told Pilot that He was a king but His kingdom was not of this world, and way back in Ps 2:6 we read, But as for Me, I have installed My King Upon Zion, My holy mountain " Perhaps all things are still being set at His feet, and perhaps there is still a rebellion going on, and perhaps He is still give more time to those who need it, but for those that seek Him, listen to Him, and follow Him, they have already pass out of death and into life and do not come into judgment. They are like children in the house.

I really don't think anyone will be denied entrance into the Kingdom because of the number of judgments he thinks scripture reveals.

Mat 5:21 You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of THE JUDGMENT. (Not "the judgements")

Mat 5:22 But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of THE JUDGMENT.(Not "the judgements")

Mat 12:41 The men of Nineveh will rise up in THE JUDGMENT (Not "the judgements")

Mat 12:42 The queen of the South will rise up in THE JUDGMENT (Not "the judgements")

Luk 10:14 But it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at THE JUDGMENT (Not "the judgements")

Luk 11:31 The queen of the South will rise up in THE JUDGMENT (Not "the judgements")

Luk 11:32 The men of Nineveh will rise up in THE JUDGMENT (Not "the judgements")

Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this THE JUDGMENT, (Not "the judgements")

Jde 1:6 And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for THE JUDGMENT (Not "the judgements") of the great day;

Don't worry. Be holy.

the 2 judgments is standard SBC fare. I don't think its that big a deal...eyes on Christ, and Him Crucified, basically (easier said than done...). :)
pssst i m not sbc the saved will not stand in judgement with the lost its not a farce

Last edited:
I really don't think anyone will be denied entrance into the Kingdom because of the number of judgments he thinks scripture reveals.

Mat 5:21 You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of THE JUDGMENT. (Not "the judgements")

Mat 5:22 But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of THE JUDGMENT.(Not "the judgements")

Mat 12:41 The men of Nineveh will rise up in THE JUDGMENT (Not "the judgements")

Mat 12:42 The queen of the South will rise up in THE JUDGMENT (Not "the judgements")

Luk 10:14 But it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at THE JUDGMENT (Not "the judgements")

Luk 11:31 The queen of the South will rise up in THE JUDGMENT (Not "the judgements")

Luk 11:32 The men of Nineveh will rise up in THE JUDGMENT (Not "the judgements")

Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this THE JUDGMENT, (Not "the judgements")

Jde 1:6 And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for THE JUDGMENT (Not "the judgements") of the great day;

Don't worry. Be holy.
not worried i am Holy all be cause of what Christ done for me.... i bet with all your education and degrees you have never been wrong . dont get me wrong i respect your education and degrees.. to the upmost highest wish i had done things different in life.. the white throne judgement and the bema seat judgement are not the same ===separate

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything from Rev 19:11 through Rev 20:1-15 takes place on the last day when Christ returns. There is no more days here on this present earth when He returns as all will be finished like in a twinkling of an eye. I already explained the 1000 years being symbolic in its numbering as I do not see it being literal for what would be the need of another 1000 years before Satan is let loose and cast into the lake of fire. What would possibly take place within a literal 1000 years.

Matthew 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

John 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
Sorry, you're not very convincing to me. In this context you appear to be saying that the 1000 years is not any period of time, it being symbolic, even though you said before it was a "period of time." I guess it being a symbolic period of time means that it is no period of time in your view? If all that passage you mentioned is symbolic only, and has no chronological significance, then what is the reason for the exercise? Why mention any period of time at all, since it seems like a confusion? And confusion it obviously is, since the churches are pretty much split over whether to interpret this passage as literal or figurative. I've got to have a lot more than this to convince me. If it's a burden you can't bear, then perhaps you can point me to your teachers that may give me clearer explanations? I must be honest in saying I'm not taking anyone's word for how to interpret a passage of scripture, since I need the whole process of the hermeneutics used so I can see the proof myself. If it makes no sense to me, I'm not accepting it, regardless of the claim.
TD:)

Sorry, you're not very convincing to me. In this context you appear to be saying that the 1000 years is not any period of time, it being symbolic, even though you said before it was a "period of time." I guess it being a symbolic period of time means that it is no period of time in your view? If all that passage you mentioned is symbolic only, and has no chronological significance, then what is the reason for the exercise? Why mention any period of time at all, since it seems like a confusion? And confusion it obviously is, since the churches are pretty much split over whether to interpret this passage as literal or figurative. I've got to have a lot more than this to convince me. If it's a burden you can't bear, then perhaps you can point me to your teachers that may give me clearer explanations? I must be honest in saying I'm not taking anyone's word for how to interpret a passage of scripture, since I need the whole process of the hermeneutics used so I can see the proof myself. If it makes no sense to me, I'm not accepting it, regardless of the claim.
TD:)

I'm not trying to convince anyone and I have no teachers other than the Holy Spirit and the full context of scripture. It's all God's timing even down to the most minut second. Per those other scriptures I gave about numbering things I believe 1000 years to not be literal.

Jesus says no one knows the day or the hour of His return, but has given us signs to watch for His coming in the clouds. I already explained the chronological of events that will take place beginning with Rev 1-:11 through that of Rev 20 with the great white throne judgement.

In all reality what would be the purpose of chaining Satan for a literal 1000 years? Will God wait another literal 1000 years before the great white throne judgement after all, both saints and sinners, have been raised from the grave on the last day when Christ returns?

I believe what many are missing is that everything from Rev 19:11 through Rev 20 is done on the last day as I have already explained this.

Have you never read Matthew 25:31-46?
That's Jesus describing how he will judge when he comes.
He will judge both the righteous and the wicked at that judgment.
Don't believe me.
Read it for yourself.

Those are His people standing before His throne, not a mix of unbelievers and believers.

Please read the context as well as the language of Matthew 25:31-46 and you will see what Jesus taught.

The context begins in Matthew 24:45.

JLB

were suppose to buy it hook line and sinker..

Ezra, it truly doesn't matter to me if one believes me or not. I only give that of what I study in the full context of scripture that I believe to be truth. If I am wrong then the Holy Spirit will convict me like He has many times before when I was wrong. I am teachable and opened for correction, but no man apart from the Holy Spirit teaching them first can teach me nothing.

2 Peter 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

1 John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

I'm not trying to convince anyone and I have no teachers other than the Holy Spirit and the full context of scripture.

Here is the context of Matthew 25:31-46

“For the kingdom of heaven is like a man traveling to a far country, who called his own servants and delivered his goods to them.
Matthew 25:14

again

“But his lord answered and said to him, ‘You wicked and lazy servant, you knew that I reap where I have not sown, and gather where I have not scattered seed. So you ought to have deposited my money with the bankers, and at my coming I would have received back my own with interest. So take the talent from him, and give it to him who has ten talents.
For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away. And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’
“When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: Matthew 25:26-34

All those before His thrown are His own servants.

Not a mix of His servants and unbelievers.

JLB

Last edited:
it truly doesn't matter to me if one believes me or not. I only give that of what I study in the full context of scripture that I believe to be truth. If I am wrong then the Holy Spirit will convict me
then where am i wrong ? does not the same spirit guide me?

https://bible.org/seriespage/two-resurrections

https://www.gotquestions.org/resurrection-first-second.html

i could provide other sources but i have no need .we have been down this road before and i still stand by what i believe. i just came in from a Gospel singing the Hoppers it was church altar call altar used folks praying all over the place. i have not had church like than in a long time.. so i really dont care who thinks i am right or wrong..im blessed

I'm glad you had a good service. It's been a long time since I have been involved in one.

As to gotquestions.org I have an issue with their teaching as it's not a complete work of the full context, but only partial in their explanation. For instance, they only us John 5:29 to define two resurrection. You have to include vs. 28 to understand it is only one resurrection, but two different destinations as judgement is passed on all at the same time before Christ at the great white throne judgement when He separates the sheep and places them at His right hand and the goats on His left hand. The sheep will be given their inheritance of eternal life with the Father and the goats their inheritance of damnation for eternity, Matthew 25:34, 41.

Second, there are no various stages as all will hear the voice of Christ calling them to rise from their graves. The second death is not people, but only death and hell being cast into the lake of fire as there will be no more death or need of the grave.

Those who rose from their graves in Matthew 27:52, 53 were not changed and taken up to Christ, but only went into Jerusalem and were seen by many. Nothing more was ever mentioned about them so this makes these two verses only a conundrum with a trail of speculations, although all the events that took place at that time made the Centurions that witnessed this believers in Christ.

All the topics that are within their website is to be taken in consideration to how they explain scripture. I do like some of their topics, but others fall away from truth in the sense many teachings are a bandwagon teaching.

the 2 judgments is standard SBC fare. I don't think its that big a deal...eyes on Christ, and Him Crucified, basically (easier said than done...). :)

All teachings are of great importance, but I agree that focus does need to be first on Christ and Him crucified. We might not always agree with each other, but none the less we are all brothers and sisters in Christ and should always present ourselves in the manner of God's grace.

not worried i am Holy all be cause of what Christ done for me.... i bet with all your education and degrees you have never been wrong . dont get me wrong i respect your education and degrees.. to the upmost highest wish i had done things different in life.. the white throne judgement and the bema seat judgement are not the same ===separate

Where does it say in scripture the white throne judgement and the bema seat judgement of Christ are at different times?

Here is what is written in the scriptures.

John 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. 24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. 25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. 26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; 27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. 28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Matthew 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: 32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: 33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:...............41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

The Bema seat of Christ is at the great white throne judgment as Christ is now seated on His throne of Glory. God will be sitting on His throne and Jesus is there seated at Gods right hand now on His throne. All (saints and sinners) have been called from their graves (one resurrection) and the sheep are then separated from the goats as the sheep, being those of God and His Son will stand before the judgement seat of Christ as they have been given their new glorified bodies and their names found in the book of life. They will then be judged for their good works they did as being the continued works of the Lord being in Gods will and receive their crown rewards and their inheritance of the Kingdom of God. The goats being those who are not Gods will be judged out of the other books and their judgement is that of rejecting God and His Son and their punishment is being cast into the lake of fire.

Here is the context of Matthew 25:31-46

“For the kingdom of heaven is like a man traveling to a far country, who called his own servants and delivered his goods to them.
Matthew 25:14

again

“But his lord answered and said to him, ‘You wicked and lazy servant, you knew that I reap where I have not sown, and gather where I have not scattered seed. So you ought to have deposited my money with the bankers, and at my coming I would have received back my own with interest. So take the talent from him, and give it to him who has ten talents.
For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away. And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’
“When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: Matthew 25:26-34
during that

All those before His thrown are His own servants.

Not a mix of His servants and unbelievers.

JLB

Again, I never said it was a mix, but that final judgement of those on the right hand and those on the left hand all happens at the same time on the last day at the great white throne judgements were all the books, including the Lamb's book of life are opened and everyone judged out of them. Those whose name are written in the Lamb's book of life have already passed from death unto life and given their rewards for the works they did here on earth as being the continued works of the Lord, Matthew 25:31-40. Those whose names are written in the other books are judged out of them as they go away into everlasting punishment, Matthew 25:41-46.

John 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. 24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. 25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. 26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; 27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. 28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Back