Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The justice of God-Romans 3:28

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

schmikey

In the eternal court in heaven, a trial was taking place. On trial, was the entire human race. The charges were sins committed against God's Law.

For the prosecution, stood the devil. He began to accuse the human race. "Your Honor. I accuse the human race of sins committed against Your Law. They have never measured up to Your standards. They do not deserve Your mercy. They deserve the sentence of eternal death."

Jesus stood for the defense. He spoke on behalf of the human race."Your Honor, I stand here and speak on behalf of the human race. I ask You to
have mercy on them for sins committed. Do not cast them away to eternal death, but grant them Your pardon."

When all of the arguments had been made, and all of the evidence had been made, it was time for the verdict. Then the judge spoke. "You have been found guilty of sin. The sentence is death. For the wages of sin is death." Jesus stepped forward. "I ask the court to let me take their sentence and their punishment. I will suffer and die for their sins so that they will have pardon."

The judge called the human race to the bar. "I will accept the sacrifice of Jesus. Jesus will die for your sins. Through His suffering and death, divine justice will be served. A blessed exchange will take place; Jesus will take your sin and it's punishment, and you will take His holiness and righteousness. You have received grace. You have been justified. You are free to go."

Jesus, who knew no sin, became sin for us. He offered Himself for our sins. He took the pain and punishment so that we would have pardon. Through His suffering and death, there is forgiveness and salvation. This gift is ours through faith in Jesus Christ. God the Father looks at us through the cross, and grants mercy for Christ's sake. We have been justified, we have been set free.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back