Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study The Last Days

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

th1b.taylor

Godlessness in the Last Days

2Tim. 3:1 But understand this, that (See 1 Tim. 4:1) in the last days there will come times of difficulty. 2 For people will be [Phil. 2:21] lovers of self, Luke 16:14; [1 Tim. 6:10] lovers of money, Rom. 1:30 proud, Rom. 1:30 arrogant, abusive, Rom. 1:30 disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 Rom. 1:31 heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, [Titus 1:8] not loving good, 4 treacherous, reckless, 1 Tim. 3:6; 6:4 swollen with conceit, Phil. 3:19 lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having the appearance of godliness, but See 1 Tim. 5:8 denying its power. 1 Tim. 6:20; [Titus 1:14] Avoid such people. 6 For among them are [Titus 1:11] those who creep into households and capture weak women, burdened with sins and led astray by various passions, 7 always learning and never able to 1 Tim. 2:4 arrive at a knowledge of the truth. 8 Just as Ex. 7:11 Jannes and Jambres [Acts 13:8] opposed Moses, so these men also oppose the truth, (See 1 Tim. 6:5) men corrupted in mind and Titus 1:16 disqualified regarding the faith. 9 But they will not get very far, for their folly will be plain to all, Ex. 7:12; 8:18; 9:11 as was that of those two men. (ESV)

1Tim 4:1 Now See John 14:17 the Spirit expressly says that [2 Thess. 2:3-9; 2 Tim. 3:1]; See 1 Cor. 11:19 in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to 1 John 4:6 (Gk.); See Matt. 7:15 deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, spells out or defines the topic very well. (all red notations are for Chain Reference use but are, surely, not all inclusive.)

It is a popular maneuver today that we must not offend folks of other persuasions and this is tauted as the Christian thing to do. Jesus did not teach such a thing, although it is popularly laid at His feet and, as per the teaching of the entire Bible, we, Christians, followers of God are not called to never offend. The Gospel, itself, is like a sharp knife, dividing right from wrong. If I want to be popular, I can return to the stage, ditch my wife and give to the young and the old ladies exactly what they actually want from the Lead Singer of any band. Christians are offensive to the Lost man and as long as we follow God, we will remain so.

Everyone I have ever met wants the period after life to be heavenly, and with most, as long as it's not the Heaven described by God in His book, the Bible. Today, in the catholic Church, it is believed that a man and his wife will spend Eternity in wedded bliss. Remember the lust of the Wedding Night? This expectation defines the “lust” I speak of here. This has nothing to do with what God has taught, or in most cases, attempted to teach us, in the Word of God. There is no, zero, sexual activity in Heaven, please purchase a Hard Copy of the Naves Topical Bible Studies and study the subject without anyone, other than God interceding on your thoughts and study.

We have been living in the last two days since Jesus gave His human body over to the Roman Guard Detail for the sacrifice required, by Him, for the forgiveness of sin. Now about verse 2 of 2Timothy, folks, as the Church of the Christ, we are a disappointing lot. Don't get me wrong, I've never seen an old barn that could not use another coat of paint but when I look at my wife it is not about the make up she wears. My wife understands that I loved and that I love her in a work uniform with no make up at all, I love that lady in any condition I happen to catch her in, at any time of the day.

Women, not always the same as ladies, today are consumed with their outward appearance, lovers of self. Men are no better inside the Church than they were, and likely are, in the clubs and joints I played in as a young man. I was a Soldier, Helicopter Crew Chief, Truck Driver, a Carpenter, a Switchboard Wireman, Forklift Mechanic and a few other occupations in a little better than forty years of my life. Yet, for all of my labor, I wore hundred dollar shirts when I went to the club, whether I was performing or not. I, just like the rest of the world was a lover of self and it was fed by pretty ladies of the evening and I believed the lie that I was happy... BUNK!

This is enough for a topic starter. As mentioned, I copied this from one of my Bible Study programs and it is a great study... if you will read the chain Linked Passages. Comments?

Love ya brother.
Helicopter Crew Chief...
Great thread...I will listen to u here...
Please show me the Bible verses saying that many Christians/believers will abandon faith in the last days...What is the reason for that? Why they will abandon their christian faith? Ponder.

Love ya brother.
Helicopter Crew Chief...
Please show me the Bible verses saying that many Christians/believers will abandon faith in the last days...What is the reason for that? Why they will abandon their christian faith? Ponder.
Jabhat my Muslim friend you are back.The last days?Do you mean the end times which we are in right now?or the tribulation?

Yeah, my police, I am back. Hi.
Edited violation 1.3 & 2.14 TOS reba

Last edited by a moderator:
The time before the return of my God Jesus...He will judge the nations and even Christians...

Love ya brother.
Helicopter Crew Chief...

I believe that is part of the falling away.

2 Thessalonians 2:
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

But i believe it will not be a falling away into unbelief in God but a falling away from the Gospel truth of God into another gospel. I believe people who fall away shall believe they are true followers of God and they shall persecute treu Christians believing they are heretics.

John 16:
2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

God will give people over to a strong delusion and deception in the end times and they shall believe the son of perdition and follow him as god on earth. I believe they shall think that the son of perdition is the Messiah Jesus returned..

Oh Star,
You are right.

The Signs of the Times and the End of the Age: (READ Matth 24)
“Tell us (JESUS), ... And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”

The Son of God says:
For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Messiah,' and will deceive many.
Matthew 24:5
...And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved.
“Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

2 Peter 2 (NKJV)
Destructive Doctrines

2 But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you (CHRISTIANS), who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord (the GOD JESUS) who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction. 2 And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed. 3 By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction does not slumber.

Doom of False Teachers

4 For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; 5 and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly; 6 and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly; 7 and delivered righteous Lot, who was oppressed by the filthy conduct of the wicked 8 (for that righteous man, dwelling among them, tormented his righteous soul from day to day by seeing and hearing their lawless deeds)— 9 then the Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations and to reserve the unjust under punishment for the day of judgment, 10 and especially those who walk according to the flesh (LIVING IN SINS) in the lust of uncleanness and despise authority. They are presumptuous, self-willed. They are not afraid to speak evil of dignitaries, 11 whereas angels, who are greater in power and might, do not bring a reviling accusation against them before the Lord.

Depravity of False Teachers

12 But these, like natural brute beasts made to be caught and destroyed, speak evil of the things they do not understand, and will utterly perish in their own corruption, 13 and will receive the wages of unrighteousness, as those who count it pleasure to carouse in the daytime. They are spots and blemishes, carousing in their own deceptions while they feast with you (CHRISTIANS), 14 having eyes full of adultery and that cannot cease from sin, enticing unstable souls. They have a heart trained in covetous practices, and are accursed children. 15 They have forsaken the right way and gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Beor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness; 16 but he was rebuked for his iniquity: a dumb donkey speaking with a man’s voice restrained the madness of the prophet.

17 These are wells without water, clouds carried by a tempest, for whom is reserved the blackness of darkness forever.

Deceptions of False Teachers

18 For when they speak great swelling words of emptiness, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through lewdness, the ones who have actually escaped from those who live in error. 19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by whom a person is overcome, by him also he is brought into bondage. 20 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. 21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. 22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.”

2 Timothy 3 (NKJV)
Perilous Times and Perilous Men

3 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! 6 For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts, 7 always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8 Now as Jannes and Jambres resisted Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith; 9 but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifest to all, as theirs also was.

The Man of God and the Word of God

10 But you have carefully followed my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, love, perseverance, 11 persecutions, afflictions, which happened to me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra—what persecutions I endured. And out of them all the Lord delivered me. 12 Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution. 13 But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived. 14 But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them, 15 and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Good morning and afternoon to some folks. Jabhat, I see that before I got my coffee and turned
Adstar posted the primary scripture concerning this issue.

The Man of Lawlessness
1 Now concerning See 1 Thess. 2:19 the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our [Matt. 24:31; 1 Thess. 4:15-17] being gathered together to him, we ask you, brothers, 1 2 not to be quickly shaken in mind or Matt. 24:6; Mark 13:7 alarmed, either [1 John 4:1] by a spirit or a ver. 15; [1 Thess. 5:2] spoken word, or ver. 15; [1 Thess. 5:2] a letter seeming to be from us, to the effect that See 1 Cor. 1:8 the day of the Lord has come. 3 Eph. 5:6 Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, 1 Tim. 4:1 unless the rebellion comes first, and [ver. 8; Dan. 7:25; 8:25; 11:36; Rev. 13:5, 6] the man of lawlessness 1 is revealed, John 17:12; [Matt. 23:15] the son of destruction, 2 4 who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, [Isa. 14:14; Ezek. 28:2] proclaiming himself to be God.

I am ¿guilty? of over doing sometimes but I believe there can never be an excess of correct input and to that end I post the paragraph of first concern. The red are some Chain References and some comments from the scripture, interpreting the passage.

Often forgotten because of men's pride and other evil is the important lesson that scripture is self interpreting because it is the Living Word of the Living God.

May God bless the reading of His Word.

closed for moderator review... there will be some clean up .. this is the Bible Study Forum please take the games to an appropriate forum .
Showing disrespect to other members is a violation of the TOS admin

2 Timothy 3 (NKJV)
Perilous Times and Perilous Men

3 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! 6 For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts, 7 always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8 Now as Jannes and Jambres resisted Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith; 9 but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifest to all, as theirs also was.

The Man of God and the Word of God

10 But you have carefully followed my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, love, perseverance, 11 persecutions, afflictions, which happened to me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra—what persecutions I endured. And out of them all the Lord delivered me. 12 Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution. 13 But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived. 14 But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them, 15 and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Good scriptures. Seems you put in some work to put it all together. Well done :)

One thing i will say to reassure and give hope . I strongly believe that those who have accepted the love of the truth mentioned in 2 Thessalonians 2 will be protected by the leading of the Holy Spirit and shall Not be deceived by the great deception. And of course God will not be sending strong delusion to those who have embraced His loving Gospel truth..

2 Thessolonians 2
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

The Quotes were made for you.
Many are runners..but a few are winners ...those who are not suffered the shipwreck of faith by their sins.... living in sins...
Blessings.

Godlessness in the Last Days

2Tim. 3:1 But understand this, that (See 1 Tim. 4:1) in the last days there will come times of difficulty. 2 For people will be [Phil. 2:21] lovers of self, Luke 16:14; [1 Tim. 6:10] lovers of money, Rom. 1:30 proud, Rom. 1:30 arrogant, abusive, Rom. 1:30 disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 Rom. 1:31 heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, [Titus 1:8] not loving good, 4 treacherous, reckless, 1 Tim. 3:6; 6:4 swollen with conceit, Phil. 3:19 lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having the appearance of godliness, but See 1 Tim. 5:8 denying its power. 1 Tim. 6:20; [Titus 1:14] Avoid such people. 6 For among them are [Titus 1:11] those who creep into households and capture weak women, burdened with sins and led astray by various passions, 7 always learning and never able to 1 Tim. 2:4 arrive at a knowledge of the truth. 8 Just as Ex. 7:11 Jannes and Jambres [Acts 13:8] opposed Moses, so these men also oppose the truth, (See 1 Tim. 6:5) men corrupted in mind and Titus 1:16 disqualified regarding the faith. 9 But they will not get very far, for their folly will be plain to all, Ex. 7:12; 8:18; 9:11 as was that of those two men. (ESV)

1Tim 4:1 Now See John 14:17 the Spirit expressly says that [2 Thess. 2:3-9; 2 Tim. 3:1]; See 1 Cor. 11:19 in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to 1 John 4:6 (Gk.); See Matt. 7:15 deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, spells out or defines the topic very well. (all red notations are for Chain Reference use but are, surely, not all inclusive.)

It is a popular maneuver today that we must not offend folks of other persuasions and this is tauted as the Christian thing to do. Jesus did not teach such a thing, although it is popularly laid at His feet and, as per the teaching of the entire Bible, we, Christians, followers of God are not called to never offend. The Gospel, itself, is like a sharp knife, dividing right from wrong. If I want to be popular, I can return to the stage, ditch my wife and give to the young and the old ladies exactly what they actually want from the Lead Singer of any band. Christians are offensive to the Lost man and as long as we follow God, we will remain so.

Everyone I have ever met wants the period after life to be heavenly, and with most, as long as it's not the Heaven described by God in His book, the Bible. Today, in the catholic Church, it is believed that a man and his wife will spend Eternity in wedded bliss. Remember the lust of the Wedding Night? This expectation defines the “lust” I speak of here. This has nothing to do with what God has taught, or in most cases, attempted to teach us, in the Word of God. There is no, zero, sexual activity in Heaven, please purchase a Hard Copy of the Naves Topical Bible Studies and study the subject without anyone, other than God interceding on your thoughts and study.

We have been living in the last two days since Jesus gave His human body over to the Roman Guard Detail for the sacrifice required, by Him, for the forgiveness of sin. Now about verse 2 of 2Timothy, folks, as the Church of the Christ, we are a disappointing lot. Don't get me wrong, I've never seen an old barn that could not use another coat of paint but when I look at my wife it is not about the make up she wears. My wife understands that I loved and that I love her in a work uniform with no make up at all, I love that lady in any condition I happen to catch her in, at any time of the day.

Women, not always the same as ladies, today are consumed with their outward appearance, lovers of self. Men are no better inside the Church than they were, and likely are, in the clubs and joints I played in as a young man. I was a Soldier, Helicopter Crew Chief, Truck Driver, a Carpenter, a Switchboard Wireman, Forklift Mechanic and a few other occupations in a little better than forty years of my life. Yet, for all of my labor, I wore hundred dollar shirts when I went to the club, whether I was performing or not. I, just like the rest of the world was a lover of self and it was fed by pretty ladies of the evening and I believed the lie that I was happy... BUNK!

This is enough for a topic starter. As mentioned, I copied this from one of my Bible Study programs and it is a great study... if you will read the chain Linked Passages. Comments?
PREACH IT BROTHER!!

Where us my Muslim police? Bye, Lady. Many blessings.
wave.gif
You missed me....yes?

Back