Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Lord's Diet

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Pard

OK, so not His diet, but the one He convicted me to go on.

So, I'm over weight. In April I decided it was about time I brought my weight concerns before the Lord. I expressed how I wished to be healthy in weight because I was a temple to Him and I wished for my temple to Him to be as good as I could possibly make it.

Then, the very next day I decided to watch the 700 Club (I normally do not watch this show). What do I see? I man is showing about his weight lose diet that worked for him. Now I can put two and two together. Here I am asking the Lord to help me lose weight and the very next day I have a feeling that I ought to turn on the 700 Club and right there in front of me is a weight lose program. Well I slept on it and the next morning I felt convicted to try this program. I prayed on it to be sure and sure enough I was.

Anyways the program is basically the Atkin's diet. Very low carb and as much of whatever else you want (my kinda diet!). So I got the book and read it and decided to give it a go.

Sure enough, a little less than 4 months later I had lost over 45 pounds! No joke. I consulted with my doctor and he was surprised. He did some blood work, because he figured my cholesterol would be WAY UP HERE, but I have normal levels. Not only have I lost 45 pounds, but I lost like 6+ inches around my waist and I feel loads better, both physically and mentally.

So I am still over weight, but the Lord told me to stop and to take a fast and I did. When I finished I had dropped 5 more pounds, and have kept it off (amazingly). I have reverted almost all the way back to my previous eating with no weight gain or waist gain, and it has been two months.

Anyways, the Lord told me to start back up again, so here I am. Been back on it for the last few days (since Monday).

The specifics of the diet is really simple. No more than 4 carbs in a serving and no more than 20 carbs in a day. It sounds bad, but I did tell my doctor about it and he said it sounded like it would work and that it was completely healthy for someone like me (since I got more than enough carbs hanging around as it is!). Besides the carb restriction I can eat anything else that I want in any quantity that I want, and of course I refrain from gluttony.

For me it is not so hard to stay on it. I got the Lord keeping me strong and that is tied with the fact that I cannot eat most carb products anyways, since they have milk in them. The only thing I really cut was bread and the occasional sweet. But who needs sweets when you got bacon? :biggrin

Anyways, with another lose I suspect I will be well in the normal zone, weight wise. :thumb

I follow the 'Adam and Eve' diet.

If it doesn't grow on a plant, I don't eat it. My logic just tells me that God created the perfect food sources for us and I feast on it. Just love fruits and veggies. That way I get all the nutrition and fiber that my body needs. I try to eat as much raw food as possible, but in winter I do eat a lot of soup. An apple doesn't look that appetizing if your teeth are chattering.

I lost 41 kg (96 lb) this way and I have maintained my weight since 2001.

Good luck, Ian.

I follow the 'Adam and Eve' diet.

If it doesn't grow on a plant, I don't eat it. My logic just tells me that God created the perfect food sources for us and I feast on it. Just love fruits and veggies. That way I get all the nutrition and fiber that my body needs. I try to eat as much raw food as possible, but in winter I do eat a lot of soup. An apple doesn't look that appetizing if your teeth are chattering.

I lost 41 kg (96 lb) this way and I have maintained my weight since 2001.

Good luck, Ian.

I don't have a name like that for it but I am on a similar diet. I'm vegan. Purely for dietary reasons. I still wear leather and I'm not against other people eating meat and dairy.

I was a vegetarian for a while and I decided to cut out all animal products for a week and see how I felt. It ended up not being hard to stick to at all. I've been meat, egg, dairy and honey free for a month now and I feel amazing. I've lost 10 pounds this last month and a total of 60 since I started my lifestyle change in January of 2010.

I don't deprive myself. I eat until satisfied. My favorite dish is a pasta dish, angel hair pasta, tomato and basil marinara sauce with tofu, mushrooms, baby heirloom tomatoes, purple and yellow cauliflower... it's so good.

Anyway congrats to all of you on your weight loss successes!

Congratulations Pard! I am so happy for you! It's awesome when we get to glorify God with such a testimony. God is involved in ALL areas of our lives. What a wonderful God we serve. I pray blessings over you as you continue to lose weight.

PS: I was attracted to this thread because I thought it was about Jesus' diet. Hehe. That would be an interesting diet to discuss.

:chin Did this work out for you in the long run?

I've recently begun buying/eating Ezekiel bread. It's the first bread that allows me to eat a slice or two and not crave more (doesn't bump the insulin and drop it) like the other breads.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back