Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Mystery of Lawlessness.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Chopper

I believe that the "mystery of lawlessness", spoken of by Paul in 2 Thessalonians 2:7 is a system that today is very important to identify and reject, just as it was when Paul wrote this letter and said "is already at work".

I suggest that the "mystery of Lawlessness" is the world system of evil, that Satan, who is the god of this world, has established to entertain our flesh thus keeping people unsaved or saved but very fleshly.

When people read these verses, they equate the mystery of lawlessness as future, but it's NOT! See what Paul is saying in 2 Corinthians 4:4 "The god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light". And for believers, James says in 4:4, Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God?"

Hey friends, lets be very careful how we respond to the wooing of the world system. And to what degree we involve ourselves in this wicked system. Not all is bad, and unfortunately we need some of it, but do we have to expose our eyes, ears, and thinking to what we know spiritually, is evil? Just take TV for example, when immoral material presents itself on that screen, are we going to watch something else? Oh yes, the wooing of the world, it"s very powerful.

I believe that the "mystery of lawlessness", spoken of by Paul in 2 Thessalonians 2:7 is a system that today is very important to identify and reject, just as it was when Paul wrote this letter and said "is already at work".

I suggest that the "mystery of Lawlessness" is the world system of evil, that Satan, who is the god of this world, has established to entertain our flesh thus keeping people unsaved or saved but very fleshly.

When people read these verses, they equate the mystery of lawlessness as future, but it's NOT! See what Paul is saying in 2 Corinthians 4:4 "The god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light". And for believers, James says in 4:4, Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God?"

Hey friends, lets be very careful how we respond to the wooing of the world system. And to what degree we involve ourselves in this wicked system. Not all is bad, and unfortunately we need some of it, but do we have to expose our eyes, ears, and thinking to what we know spiritually, is evil? Just take TV for example, when immoral material presents itself on that screen, are we going to watch something else? Oh yes, the wooing of the world, it"s very powerful.

The Context is clear -

9 Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name's sake. 10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come. Matthew 24:9-14

... because lawlessness will abound.

More food for thought.

JLB

The Context is clear -

9 Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name's sake. 10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come. Matthew 24:9-14

... because lawlessness will abound.

More food for thought.

JLB

:goodpost It's strange my friend how these passages seem to slip by without much notice. In my last thread, I had read over 2 Thess. 2 a lot, then all at once my spirit jumped on that statement and I thought to myself, wait a minute, that lawlessness is now! Boy oh boy, when we hear of shootings, and evil men doing terrible things to innocent by-standers, lawlessness sure comes to the surface....How close do you think we are to Christ's coming?

It is important to note that, the return to the practices of the law of Moses is referred to as lawlessness.

The Lawless one of 2 Thessalonians 2, is the same "prince who is to come", who confirms a covenant that will empower the Jews to build the very Temple in which he will go to and proclaim himself as God.

He that initiates the return to animal sacrifices, and building of this Temple is call the man of sin, the son of perdition, as well as the lawless one.

It is this deception through the working of "signs" and "wonders" that will ensnare many to follow him and worship him as the "messiah".

It is this lawless one that the Lord will personally destroy with the brightness of His Coming.

8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 2 Thessalonians 2:8-10

When the Lord returns at the end of the age, there will be a temple, and there will be a lawless one.

JLB

It is important to note that, the return to the practices of the law of Moses is referred to as lawlessness.

The Lawless one of 2 Thessalonians 2, is the same "prince who is to come", who confirms a covenant that will empower the Jews to build the very Temple in which he will go to and proclaim himself as God.

He that initiates the return to animal sacrifices, and building of this Temple is call the man of sin, the son of perdition, as well as the lawless one.

It is this deception through the working of "signs" and "wonders" that will ensnare many to follow him and worship him as the "messiah".

It is this lawless one that the Lord will personally destroy with the brightness of His Coming.

8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 2 Thessalonians 2:8-10

When the Lord returns at the end of the age, there will be a temple, and there will be a lawless one.

JLB

Thank you for that addition. It blows my mind that the Temple is being built. Prophesy before our eyes.

Thank you for that addition. It blows my mind that the Temple is being built. Prophesy before our eyes.

Also I will post a link for the Jerusalem Covenant that was established in May 1993, and signed by all the leaders of Israel, the "many".

Well, the link for this Jerusalem Covenant has been taken down because of the controversy over this issue.

http://www.christianactionforisrael.org/covenant

Here is an alternant one -

http://www.shalomjerusalem.com/jerusalem/jerusalem9.htm

This Covenant basically says Jerusalem belongs to the Jews, and if "confirmed by a world leader, would authorize the building of the Temple.

Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; But in the middle of the week He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering...

JLB

Joh 12:28 Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.
Joh 12:29 The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spake to him.
Joh 12:30 Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes.
Joh 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
Joh 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me

Joh 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

Who is Jesus calling the prince of this world..

Joh 12:28 Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.
Joh 12:29 The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spake to him.
Joh 12:30 Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes.
Joh 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me

Who is Jesus calling the prince of this world..

The prince who is to come is a human.

The prince of the world is a reference to Satan.

JLB

Joh 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out. So what is Jesus saying here? Is satan cast out?

Joh 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out. So what is Jesus saying here? Is satan cast out?

What does this have to do with the context of this thread?

We are talking about the Temple that is about to be built.

The lawless one who will go to the Temple and proclaim himself as God.

Jesus will personally destroy this lawless one with the brightness of His Coming.

This is at the end of the age.

The lawless one is a man.

Satan being cast out is another subject for another thread.

JLB

The OP said this...I
suggest that the "mystery of Lawlessness" is the world system of evil, that Satan, who is the god of this world, has established to entertain our flesh thus keeping people unsaved or saved but very fleshly.

So my question is to the OP...

I am not good at diagramming sentences...cast out of the world would be my guess... I'll see what the OP has to say..

I am not good at diagramming sentences...cast out of the world would be my guess... I'll see what the OP has to say..

This phrase is associated with the great tribulation, which is a distinct 3 1/2 year period.

9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. Revelation 12:9

When this happens, there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world, nor ever shall be.

Look at what the next verse says -

...Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time."

This event is associated with the 3 1/2 years of Daniel's 70 th week, as the following verse says -

14 But the woman was given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent.

JLB

Really I sure dont see what you are saying in those words of Jesus... To each his own...

oh 12:30 Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes.
Joh 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.
Joh 12:33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.
Joh 12:34 The people answered him, We have heard out of the law that Christ abideth for ever: and how sayest thou, The Son of man must be lifted up? who is this Son of man?

Really I sure dont see what you are saying in those words of Jesus... To each his own...

oh 12:30 Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes.
Joh 12:34 The people answered him, We have heard out of the law that Christ abideth for ever: and how sayest thou, The Son of man must be lifted up? who is this Son of man?

Out of these 5 verses, only one has anything to do with this thread.

Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

Which is another way of saying; the prince of this world shall be cast out.

The prince of this world shall be cast out at the time the book of Revelation says he will be...

Jesus is the One who gave called John up to heaven to show him these things.

JLB

Hi Reba, In looking over the verses that you posted, I believe the prince of this world is Satan. He is seen in the antichrist, false prophet, beast etc. They are all tied into Satan. Jesus, at a point in time, after the tribulation and prior to the new heavens, will lock him up for a thousand years and loose him, then throw him into the lake of fire. Satan is finished forever!

Let me see if i understand you Chopper... Jesus says Joh 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

and you say not until after the tribulation is that correct?

Let me see if i understand you Chopper... Jesus says Joh 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

and you say not until after the tribulation is that correct?

Yes. Jesus is speaking prophetically. He would be crucified soon which would set the stage for Satan's demise. He was saying that His death will defeat Satan. Of course there is a time from His death to the tribulation, but He is looking forward to the final consumation (Rev. 20:10). Remember when Jesus said "it is finished? That statement is tied into the Scripture that you are speaking about.

Yea He said it was finished that is a done deal right .... and He said 'now' He did not say it will be finished 2000+ years from now..... I will not continue this point Chopper... You are a good brother and a welcome voice in these forums thank you for your reply :thumbsup

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back