Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The "New Age"

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Lance_Iguana said:
Panin said:
I am obvioulsy not referring to the new testament. Proverbs for example. The bible has been written over a period of 2000 years.
You mean 6000? The Buhhda comparisons are almost all New Testament, and are towards Jesus. Buhhdism has none of the Ritual laws that Judaism has, and about half of the 10 comandments are common sense, and many civilizations even had some of those laws before they where handed down to Moses.

The catholic church did not establish the bible or Christianity, Catholism is a counterfit organisation. If you got that from a History book, there is a good enough reason not to believe everything you read.
Peter was head of the Catholic Church, and the first Pope. The catholic church was the original church, but started to splinter when the church became corrupt. Gnostic teachings and Luther where the first examples of splintering denominations.

[quote:3315le8y]Can I ask you, are you a Christian?
Angnostic Pantheist. So no, I'm not a Christian.[/quote:3315le8y]

No the bible was written over a 1600 year period to be precise, and Peter was an apostle and deciples of Christ He was never the Pope of the Roman Catholic Churchs. Your research information is disinformation.

Buddhist teachings are very similar to the proverbs which appear in the old testament.

Catholisim is not and never was Christianity, and the catholic church wanted to put Luther to death for preaching the truth of the gospel and for wanting the people to have the scriptures to read, which of course back then was not allowed by the catholic church, hense the term the Dark ages.

Are you on a Christion site to argue with Christians and push interest in other religions, or do you have a genuine interest in the truth of Biblical Christianity?. No offense , but it appears that you do not have much understanding of what that actually is.

Panin said:
No the bible was written over a 1600 year period to be precise, and Peter was an apostle and deciples of Christ He was never the Pope of the Roman Catholic Churchs. Your research information is disinformation.
" And you are the Rock in wich I will build my Church" - Jesus.
Peter was the leader of the original Church of Jesus Christ. He was the first Pope. The Talmac was the Jewish History and was collected over thousands of years by multiple writers and through handed down Stories. The Old Testament is the Torrah. The New Testament was compiled a few hundred years after the death of Jesus.

Buddhist teachings are very similar to the proverbs which appear in the old testament.
You'll have to be more specific, and once again. The Buhhda was from India, wich had no Judaic ties.

Catholisim is not and never was Christianity, and the catholic church wanted to put Luther to death for preaching the truth of the gospel and for wanting the people to have the scriptures to read, which of course back then was not allowed by the catholic church, hense the term the Dark ages.
The term the Dark ages, came about because of the Fall of Rome, the surpression of philisophical study, The Cursades, the Black Plague, and rampant poverty and torture. There is no one reason for the name the Dark Ages. You are also refrencing the Coruption I mentioned. Luther formed Lutherianism, the first well known denomination to split off from the Original Church.

Are you on a Christion site to argue with Christians and oush interst in other religions
I have interests in religion, but I'm not preaching any of them. I am her disscussing with Christians, because I want a Christian point of view to balance out the Athiest and liberal point of view I get on a few of the forums I frequent.
, or do you have an genuine interest in the truth of Biblical Christianity. No ffense , but it appears that you do not have much understanding of what that actually is.
I am talking from a historical stand point, not dogma or denomination biased views.. That is my understanding.

http://www.unification.net/ws/theme100.htm[/url]

. Luther formed Lutherianism, the first well known denomination to split off from the Original Church.

It was called Lutheriansim because of Luthers name obviously, but Luther was a simply a born again christian prostesting againts the catholic church over seriously clear biblical doctrinal truths in the bible. Truths the catholic church, which you seem to want to insist is a Christian organisation, was against the public knowing. They where busy fleecing the flock, charging for prayers to dead relatives that where supposedly in a place (purgatory) that doesn't even exist. (The last pope only recently recanted on this heresy).

I am her disscussing with Christians, because I want a Christian point of view to balance out the Athiest and liberal point of view I get on a few of the forums I frequent.

Fair enough, although you seem to be more interested in getting across your point of view than listening to anyone elses, espescially a Christian point of view.

Panin said:
Why do you assume this scripture implies that he was a Roman Catholic Pope, and what is your source?
My source is the Bible. Choose witch ever interpritation you want. All state that Jesus choose Peter to lead the Church, and he did. After Jesus Died, he led the Christian movement until Paul.

The greatest worth is self-mastery. (Buhhda)

“One who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand on the battlefield." ~ Buddha

Pro 16:32 [He that is] slow to anger [is] better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.

Practially all religions have a similar proverb. This is just one of hundreds.

http://www.unification.net/ws/theme100.htm
Buddha talked about recognizing the person's own divinity. Proverbs talked about knowing God and being patient. These passages aren't the same. Both Talk about control, but aren't in the same context.

It was called Lutheriansim because of Luthers name obviously,
yeah I know.
but Luther was a simply a born again christian prostesting againts the catholic church over seriously clear biblical doctrinal truths in the bible.
Luther was a Catholic.
Truths the catholic church, which you seem to want to insist is a Christian organisation
It was the first Christian organization, and the very organization that collected and made the Bible.
, was against the public knowing. They where busy fleecing the flock, charging for prayers to dead relatives that where supposedly in a place (purgatory) that doesn't even exist. (The last pope only recently recanted on this heresy).
Did you miss both times where I stated Corruption existed in the Church? I stated that twice. I know why Luther left the church. I think its you who dosen't understand that the Catholic Church that Luther left, wasnt' the same as it was when it started. Politics changed the Catholic Church. It was still the first Christian Church.

Fair enough, although you seem to be more interested in getting across your point of view than listening to anyone elses, espescially a Christian point of view.
How is pointing out historical fact making my point unChristian? How dose stating my political opinions make me UnChristian? I listen and respond to what is said to me. Listening isn't automaticly agreeing. If I wasn't listening. I wouldn't be responding in teh way that I am.

My source is the Bible. Choose witch ever interpritation you want. All state that Jesus choose Peter to lead the Church, and he did. After Jesus Died, he led the Christian movement until Paul.

The bible doesn't mention the word Pope or catholic, so evidently the bible can not be your source.

The greatest worth is self-mastery. (Buhhda)

“One who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand on the battlefield." ~ Buddha

Pro 16:32 [He that is] slow to anger [is] better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.

Practially all religions have a similar proverb. This is just one of hundreds.

http://www.unification.net/ws/theme100.htm
Buddha talked about recognizing the person's own divinity. Proverbs talked about knowing God and being patient. These passages aren't the same. Both Talk about control, but aren't in the same context. [/quote]

Thats complete bunkum. All of these proverbs are referring to self control and have essentially the exact same meaning. You need a new pair of glasses mate. LOL. The buhhdist version has no connection with ones divnity.

I know why Luther left the church. I think its you who dosen't understand that the Catholic Church that Luther left, wasnt' the same as it was when it started. Politics changed the Catholic Church. It was still the first Christian Church.

Well, no it wasnt the first Christian Church at all, nor has it ever been Christian, Constantine was the instigator of the catholic church in 320ish AD.

How is pointing out historical fact making my point unChristian? How dose stating my political opinions make me UnChristian?
I didnt say anything about what you are saying is unchristian. I said you obviously have no idea what Christanity is.

I am aslo saying what you are pointing out to be historical fact (in your opinion), is an actual fact, not a fact at all. The catholic church has never been and never will be christian. There is documented evidence of the catholic churches murderous rampages throughout history resulting in the deaths of over 100 million Christians. And their crime for this death penalty was merely that they would not renounce the Lord Jesus Christ as their saviour and the only way to heaven.

So not only do I refute your opinion on Peter being the first pope of the Catholic Church, and now evidently Paul is the second Pope if you hypothesis is to be used, I take great umbridge at what you are saying aswell.

Can I ask, are you a lapsed catholic?? Or where you brought up catholic??

Panin said:
The bible doesn't mention the word Pope or catholic, so evidently the bible can not be your source.
The Bible aslo dosen't say the words "penguin, walrus, or automobile". You are fishing. I said Jesus said Peter was to be the leader, and my source is the Bible. Prove me wrong. I have already provided my sourc.e

Thats complete bunkum. All of these proverbs are referring to self control and have essentially the exact same meaning. You need a new pair of glasses mate. LOL. The buhhdist version has no connection with ones divnity.
Yes Buhhdism is about reaching your own divinity and obtaining enlightenment. I've actually studied Buhhdism and know the quotes in context. You haven't, you've admitted to it. You quote mined somthing that sounded similar, but has no relavence to proverbs.

Well, no it wasnt the first Christian Church at all, nor has it ever been Christian, Constantine was the instigator of the catholic church in 320ish AD.
*bangs head against desk*. The Catholic Church was the FIrst Church! IT COLLECTED ALL THE BOOKS THAT ARE IN THE VERY BIBLE LUTHER USED. CONSTANTINE DIDN'T FORM THE CHURCH. HE ALLOWED IT TO EXIST. Learn your own history.

I didnt say anything about what you are saying is unchristian. I said you obviously have no idea what Christanity is.
I know what Christianity is, We disscused the actual beliefs of Christianity, so there is no way for you to judge my knowledge on it.

I am aslo saying what you are pointing out to be historical fact (in your opinion), is an actual fact, not a fact at all. The catholic church has never been and never will be christian. There is documented evidence of the catholic churches murderous rampages throughout history resulting in the deaths of over 100 million Christians.
The Prodastands did this to. You are just like snobish Atheists who claim all of christianity is bad thanks to acts of both Catholics and Prodastents. You are blamming teh many on teh actions of a few.
And their crime for this death penalty was merely that they would not renounce the Lord Jesus Christ as their saviour and the only way to heaven.
The inquisition was politics.

So not only do I refute your opinion on Peter being the first pope of the Catholic Church, and now evidently Paul is the second Pope if you hypothesis is to be used
I never stated Paul was the 2nd pope. So there is no hypothesis.
, I take great umbridge at what you are saying aswell.
You haven't proven me wrong, only saying that I'm wrong. PROVE ME WRONG!

Can I ask, are you a lapsed catholic?? Or where you brought up catholic??
Nope

Lance_Iguana

You are fishing. I said Jesus said Peter was to be the leader, and my source is the Bible. Prove me wrong. I have already provided my sourc.e

First up, merry Christmas.

Well no, you said Peter was the frist Pope of the Roman Catholic Church. WHich is a bald face lie. First and fore most because it is not in the bible, you know that document you are claming as your source for this balderdash. Hello, is anybody home??

I dont need to prove something that is self evident. You are assuming and stating that Peter was the first Pope of the catholic church. And if Paul took over from Peter as you also stated, then that would make Paul the second Pope. The burden of proof rests with you.

Yes Buhhdism is about reaching your own divinity and obtaining enlightenment. I've actually studied Buhhdism and know the quotes in context. You haven't, you've admitted to it. You quote mined somthing that sounded similar, but has no relavence to proverbs.

Dude you're obviously a master maniplulator if you can manipulate all similarities out of the Biblical proverb and the buddhist proverb examples that I posted, which really makes a meanigfull discussion with you pointless. .

*bangs head against desk*. The Catholic Church was the FIrst Church! IT COLLECTED ALL THE BOOKS THAT ARE IN THE VERY BIBLE LUTHER USED. CONSTANTINE DIDN'T FORM THE CHURCH. HE ALLOWED IT TO EXIST. Learn your own history.

I dont need to learn a false misreprentation of Christianity from a non Christian. The catholic bible to this day includes far more books that the 66 inspired books of God.

I know what Christianity is, We disscused the actual beliefs of Christianity, so there is no way for you to judge my knowledge on it.

Your knowledge of it is zero becuase you claim catholism to be a true and th efrist representation of Christianity, which is a total load of rubbish. Define Christianity then please.

The Prodastands did this to. You are just like snobish Atheists who claim all of christianity is bad thanks to acts of both Catholics and Prodastents. You are blamming teh many on teh actions of a few.[

Insteresting considering I have never claimed that.

quote] And their crime for this death penalty was merely that they would not renounce the Lord Jesus Christ as their saviour and the only way to heaven.
The inquisition was politics.[/quote]
In that case why where people put to death based on religious beliefs?

[quote:91ibqueg]You haven't proven me wrong, only saying that I'm wrong. PROVE ME WRONG!
[/quote:91ibqueg]

Again, the burden of proof rests with you to prove the rubbish statements you have been making through out this thread, you seem to have set yourself up as the foremost informed mind on all world religions, well your in a christian forum now, and your ignorance of Christianity and its history is claringly obvious. If you where not so arrogant and proud, I may have been bothered to furnsih you with some facts, but you would clearly just manipulate all truth form it and shift your ground to yet more sinking sand.

And finally, Happy New Year.

I will not argue on Christmas.

You have manipulated what I have said, and made assumptions that aren't there.

All I will say is this.

There is no Catholic Bible. They use the King James Bible. Unless you are saying that Bible isn't the real Bible.

Peter is the liniege ( not by genetics but by election) of where Popes are from and based in Catholacism.

I never said Paul was a Pope. I said he was a leader in Christianity. You don't have to be a Pope to be a leader. With the exception of the Gospels and revelations, he wrote the majority of the New Testament.

The Catholic Church was the original Christian Church. The denominations broke off when the Church refused reform and became corrupt with political influence.

You admited to being ignorant of Buhhdism, yet still atempt to tell me you know that the Buhhda plagerised Judaism and Christianity. Even though I have repeatedly pointed out that Judaism never came near India and that Buhhda lived 500 years before Jesus, so there is no way he or his followers stole Jewish/Christian heritage that they never encountered.

I also never claimed to know about all the world religions.

You never talked to me about the values or beliefs of Christianity, so you know nothing about my knowledge.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back