Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study The New Covenant

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
First and Second Covenants [Old Covenants]

New Covenant [Third]

The New Covenant (or New Testament) is the promise that God makes with humanity that He will forgive sin and restore fellowship with those whose hearts are turned toward Him. Jesus Christ is the mediator of the New Covenant, and His death on the cross is the basis of the promise.

First and Second Covenants [Old Covenants]

New Covenant [Third]

The New Covenant (or New Testament) is the promise that God makes with humanity that He will forgive sin and restore fellowship with those whose hearts are turned toward Him. Jesus Christ is the mediator of the New Covenant, and His death on the cross is the basis of the promise.

a question please, what happens when a Christian breaks the blood Covenant of Christ? :bible

I don't know what the Bible says. Personally, it means that I would be estranged from God. That is my definition of Hell. If I cannot have God in my life it would destroy me. Other people on thi board will give you the correct answer. I don't really know. I just know how much I love God and want to do anything in the asks.

The Covenant is

Show me a verse that says that? :study

But to understand you right. Do you mean breaking it in your own life or a person.
I think that we can break the effect of it.. but not possible to break it in general.
No.
If I understand the question right..

But to understand you right. Do you mean breaking it in your own life or a person.
I think that we can break the effect of it.. but not possible to break it in general.
No.
If I understand the question right..

greeting
there are statues and commandments that must not be broken with grace always a warning the Old Covenant tells us about the New Covenant

See Deuteronomy 6:1- 3 Hebrews 10:28 Matthew 5:17

greeting
there are statues and commandments that must not be broken with grace always a warning the Old Covenant tells us about the New Covenant

See Deuteronomy 6:1- 3 Hebrews 10:28 Matthew 5:17

The New Covenant is between the Father and the Son. It is not between the Christian and God. We who place faith in Jesus Christ come into that Covenant only as recipients. Not as those responsible to keep the Covenant. That covenant is in place and will always be the responsibility of Jesus Christ.

So, when you believe you fail, or when you fail, the Covenant is still in place. Because of Jesus Christ. The Father looks to Jesus Christ concerning this Covenant. And He finds no fault in Him. All authority has been given to the Son. (Matt. 28:18) All of it. And the Son, Jesus, is the One that died for us.

That is pretty handy to have the One in all authority, be your judge, Who died for you.

Concerning (Heb. 10:28), that is addressing going back to the Old Testament sacrifices after you have become a believer. That is saying Christ's blood is an unholy thing. It is not addressing you having sinned or broken the terms of the New Covenant. In other words, it is more a warning to those trying to go back under the law after receiving Christ and the grace He provided.

Quantrill

The New Covenant is between the Father and the Son. It is not between the Christian and God. We who place faith in Jesus Christ come into that Covenant only as recipients. Not as those responsible to keep the Covenant. That covenant is in place and will always be the responsibility of Jesus Christ.

So, when you believe you fail, or when you fail, the Covenant is still in place. Because of Jesus Christ. The Father looks to Jesus Christ concerning this Covenant. And He finds no fault in Him. All authority has been given to the Son. (Matt. 28:18) All of it. And the Son, Jesus, is the One that died for us.

That is pretty handy to have the One in all authority, be your judge, Who died for you.

Concerning (Heb. 10:28), that is addressing going back to the Old Testament sacrifices after you have become a believer. That is saying Christ's blood is an unholy thing. It is not addressing you having sinned or broken the terms of the New Covenant. In other words, it is more a warning to those trying to go back under the law after receiving Christ and the grace He provided.

Quantrill

Oh my! That seems to me to be exactly right. And so well spoken as a person who really has started to understand what the new covenant really means.
Amen!

Your quite welcome. I would encourage a look into the dispensations of Scripture. Also a Scofield study Bible. I think you would benefit much from it.

Quantrill
Thanx
I will check it out. Heard about it before but forgot.
?

Quantrill

Do you have any scriptural support for the first statement?

greeting :salute
a question please, what happens when a Christian breaks the blood Covenant of Christ? :couch

“Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his master made ruler over his household, to give them food in due season? Blessed is that servant whom his master, when he comes, will find so doing. Assuredly, I say to you that he will make him ruler over all his goods. But if that evil servant says in his heart, ‘My master is delaying his coming,’ and begins to beat his fellow servants, and to eat and drink with the drunkards, the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him and at an hour that he is not aware of, and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Matthew 24:45-51

• and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

JLB

(Heb. 8:6)

Quantrill

Heb 8:6 only says that Jesus is the mediator of the New Covenant (as does Heb 9:15), not that the Covenant is made between the Father and the Son.

Moreover 1Tim 2:15 says: "For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus" (RSV). That could be taken to suggest that the New Covenant is between God and men with Jesus as mediator, just as the Mosaic Covenant was between God and men with Moses as the mediator.
Mungo

Heb 8:6 only says that Jesus is the mediator of the New Covenant (as does Heb 9:15), not that the Covenant is made between the Father and the Son.

Moreover 1Tim 2:15 says: "For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus" (RSV). That could be taken to suggest that the New Covenant is between God and men with Jesus as mediator, just as the Mosaic Covenant was between God and men with Moses as the mediator.
Mungo

Jesus Christ is the mediator of the New Covenant as the Covenant is between Him and the Father. His blood is the basis for that Covenant. (Matt. 26:28) "For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins." How can that not be a Covenant between Christ and the Father?

It is not between man and God. The Old Covenant was between Israel and God. This is why it was necessary for the people to ratify the Covenant. (Ex. 24:7-8) Thus the Gentile world was not under the Old Covenant. Only Israel.

We as Christians don't ratify anything concerning the New Covenant. We came into that Covenant by faith in Jesus Christ.

Quantrill

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back