Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study The New Jerusalem

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
B

ByGraceThruFaith

John 14:
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
(NOTE: Right now, Christ is preparing a heavenly place for us!)

Here is a glimpse: (Revelation 21:2-6-10-14-16-17-23)

Rev 21:
2 I John, saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven,

6 Jesus said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning & the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God

14 the city had twelve foundations

16 the city lieth foursquare, & the length is as large as the breadth: & he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length & the breadth & the height of it are equal.
(NOTE: Furlong 1/8 mile = 660 feet. 1500 miles wide, 1500 miles long, 1500 miles high)

17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty & four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.
(NOTE: Cubit aprox 18"= Walls aprox 216 ft thick made of 10 different precious stones)

21 the twelve gates were twelve pearls: every gate was made from one pearl: & the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass. (PEARLY GATES!)

23 the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof
(NOTE: Filled & lite by the Shekhinah Glory of the Lord!)

If you believe that Jesus, the Son of God, bought & paid for your sins on the cross, died & rose again. Then you will be a citizen of the New Jerusalem.

“God raised you up with Christ and seated you with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus” (Ephesians 2:6).

The invitation is extended:

“The Spirit says, ‘Come!’ And let the one who hears ‘Come!’ Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wish take the free gift of the water of life” (Revelation 22:17).

Some numbers for fun:
KJV: 1500 miles high: if you cut in a floor every 12 ft. That would be 660,000 storeys high x 1500 miles long x 1500 miles wide.

Again #'s for fun:
I'm gone say 1 floor every 1000 ft. that would be the the height of an average skyscraper in most usa citys. So, aprox 5 floors per mile x 1500 miles 7,500+ storeys. that would equal the living land mass of aprox 89 earths.

Matthew 24:27 For as the lightning comes out of the east, and shines even to the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
(NOTE: Speed of light/His 2nd coming aprox 186,000 miles per second)

Revelation 4:1 (A) After this I looked, and, behold, a door [was] opened in heaven:

Revelation 21:2 I John, saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven

Final thought with some additional speculation:

Strong's Concordance #3389 https://www.biblehub.com/hebrew/3389.htm
Yerushalaim or Yerushalayim: probably "foundation of peace," capital city of all Isr.
Part of Speech: proper name, of a location
Transliteration: Yerushalaim or Yerushalayim

For dual also see:
h3389 https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?t=nasb&strongs=h3389

In Hebrew any word ending in ""im"" is pural. So, everytime we say Jerusalem we are actually saying Jerusalem's.

Jacob's Ladder leads to a Gate that opens the door to the 3rd heaven. Gen 28:11-13 16-18

One day soon, God will again, open that dimensional gate. And directly above the earthly City of Jerusalem we will see the New Heavenly Jerusalem. Amen

I'm with you on all of this except Jerusalem does not end in "im" as there is only one Jerusalem here on this present earth and it to will pass away with the first heaven and earth as God will make all things new again and then will usher down the New Jerusalem from the third heaven.

Rev 1:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

I'm not sure if the description of the New Jerusalem found in the scriptures is literal or symbolic in its description in how grand it will be as with God all things are spiritual in His realm. It's like we do not know what we will look like in our new glorified bodies, but to only know we will be like Christ in His glorified body whatever that looks like, 1 John 3:1, 2. Even those who followed Him including His disciples did not recognize Him in His glorified body.

But, it really doesn't matter how our mind visions all of this as what matters is that we are prepared through the Spiritual rebirth in our inner man to be a part of His kingdom in the New Jerusalem.

I'm with you on all of this except Jerusalem does not end in "im" as there is only one Jerusalem here on this present earth and it to will pass away with the first heaven and earth as God will make all things new again and then will usher down the New Jerusalem from the third heaven.

The English translation loses the "im". The post stated any HEBREW word.

The post provided this info:

Strong's Hebrew: 3389. יְרוּשָׁלַ֫םִ (Yerushalaim or Yerushalayim).

I closed the post with this:

Jacob's Ladder leads to a Gate that opens the door to the 3rd heaven. Gen 28:11-13 16-18

One day soon, God will again, open that dimensional gate. And directly above the earthly City of Jerusalem we will see the New Heavenly Jerusalem. Amen

Additional context:

Gal 4:

22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.

23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
(NOTE: Pauls allegory speaks of BOTH Jerusalem's)

26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Heb 12:22 You have come to Mount Zion, even to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, where angels gather
(NOTE: Heavenly Jerusalem)

Rev 19:4 Then the twenty-four elders of the ""heavenly Sanhedrin"" & the four living creatures fell prostrate and worshiped God, Who sits on the throne, saying, Amen!
(NOTE: Heavenly Sanhedrin)

Rev 21:2 And I saw the holy city, ""the new Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God"", all arrayed like a bride beautified and adorned for her husband;
(NOTE: ""the new Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God"")

Jewish Sages speak of two Jerusalems: Yerushalayim Shel Mata (Jerusalem Below) and Yerushalyim Shel Maala (Jerusalem Above).

The English translation loses the "im". The post stated any HEBREW word.

The post provided this info:

Strong's Hebrew: 3389. יְרוּשָׁלַ֫םִ (Yerushalaim or Yerushalayim).

I closed the post with this:

Additional context:

Gal 4:

22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.

23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
(NOTE: Pauls allegory speaks of BOTH Jerusalem's)

26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Heb 12:22 You have come to Mount Zion, even to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, where angels gather
(NOTE: Heavenly Jerusalem)

Rev 19:4 Then the twenty-four elders of the ""heavenly Sanhedrin"" & the four living creatures fell prostrate and worshiped God, Who sits on the throne, saying, Amen!
(NOTE: Heavenly Sanhedrin)

Rev 21:2 And I saw the holy city, ""the new Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God"", all arrayed like a bride beautified and adorned for her husband;
(NOTE: ""the new Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God"")

Jewish Sages speak of two Jerusalems: Yerushalayim Shel Mata (Jerusalem Below) and Yerushalyim Shel Maala (Jerusalem Above).

OK, I understand the "im" now. But, what is written in Galatians 4:22-26 Paul is speaking about how the law can not coexist with grace.

The way you are making it sound, and please correct me if I am wrong, is that the New Jerusalem will be ushered down and literally hover in the air over the present Jerusalem that is already here on this present earth.

If this is what you are saying this can not be because this present first heaven and earth will pass away and God will renew all things and then will He usher down the New Jerusalem placing it right here on the new earth where the old Jerusalem used to be as that part of the earth has always been the promised land.

Now, here is another thought about the size of the New Jerusalem as being literal as I see it only symbolic of how large the area of 1500 square miles would be compared to how many people here on earth beginning with Adam throughout all the generations that are caught up to Christ on the last day when He returns. Could 1500 square miles contain this many people, I don't know as none of us know how many will be gathered together on that day as I would think it would be a massive amount of people.

OK, I understand the "im" now. But, what is written in Galatians 4:22-26 Paul is speaking about how the law can not coexist with grace.

The way you are making it sound, and please correct me if I am wrong, is that the New Jerusalem will be ushered down and literally hover in the air over the present Jerusalem that is already here on this present earth.

If this is what you are saying this can not be because this present first heaven and earth will pass away and God will renew all things and then will He usher down the New Jerusalem placing it right here on the new earth where the old Jerusalem used to be as that part of the earth has always been the promised land.

Now, here is another thought about the size of the New Jerusalem as being literal as I see it only symbolic of how large the area of 1500 square miles would be compared to how many people here on earth beginning with Adam throughout all the generations that are caught up to Christ on the last day when He returns. Could 1500 square miles contain this many people, I don't know as none of us know how many will be gathered together on that day as I would think it would be a massive amount of people.

Here's my thoughts:

The Lord gives Moses instructions to build the:

Tabernacle/God's dwelling place/Tent of Meeting.

Ex 25:
8 And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them.

9 According to all that I shew thee, after the pattern of the tabernacle, and the pattern of all the instruments thereof, even so shall ye make it.
(NOTE: The Lord showed Moses the Heavenly Tabernacle pattern & all the instruments thereof, to copy)

The Heavenly Sanctuary

Hebrews 9:
11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;

Dan 6:10 Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his God, as he did aforetime.
(NOTE: Daniel kneeled, opened the window, faced east/Jerusalem then prayed. The Rabbi's teach the prayer is carried east to the Temple Mt. And then goes straight up to the Lord in Heaven)

Alter of Incense
The Priest (the go between of man & God) was to mix the gums. And burn them on the Altar of Incense in the Temple. This represented the prayers of God’s people. It's smoke going straight-up (all day everyday) unto/before the Lord as a sweet smell/perfume.

Revelation 5:8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

Rev 8:3 And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.

Ex 30:7 And Aaron shall burn thereon sweet incense every morning: when he dresseth the lamps, he shall burn incense upon it.

Ex 30:8 And when Aaron lighteth the lamps at even, he shall burn incense upon it, a perpetual incense before the LORD throughout your generations.

Psalms 141:2 - Let my prayer be set forth before thee [as] incense;

The altar of incense is a shadow of the intercession of Christ. Our Great High Priest mixes our flawed prayers with His sweetness, then our prayers go before the Father in His righteousness

My point:
I glean from scripture shared. The earthly Temple is directly under the Heavenly Temple. We can't see it, Jacob was aloud to see the dimensional/door/gate opened (see post above for chap & verse)

2 Kings 6:
8 Then the king of Syria warred against Israel

14 The Syrian king sends a LARGE force & surrounds the city

15 Elisha servant see the LARGE army & begings to soil his underware (im paraphrasing lol)

16 Although there are only the two of them. Elisha tells his servant, Fear not: those with us are far GREATER then the enemy army.

17 Elisha prays asking the LORD to open his servants eyes, that he may see. The LORD opens Elisha's servants the eyes. And he sees the mountainside filled with mighty angels of the Lord in chariots of fire dressed for battle.

You know the rest of the story. Elisha blinds the entire army. Leads them into the city. Instead of the normal KILL ALL the enemy. He has them feed & sends them home. When the Syrian king tries to send them back. The soldiers say WE AIN;T MESSIN with Elisha again (I digress).

My point: The Lord opened Jacobs spiritual eyes (Jacobs latter scripture shared in op) & also allowed Elisha & his servant see into the spiritual realm/dimension.

Based on the scripture's shared. I conclude the Heavenly Jerusalem is directly above the earthly city of Jerusalem. And one day soon God will allow us to see it

Back