Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Origin of Marriage

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Re: Chick-fil-A: True Censorship

You do understand what asexual reproduction is, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

In my belief system, biblical evidence trumps the world. How about in your belief system?

My belief: ALL "evidence" shall be evaluated honestly and equally, that includes biblical amd secular.

Nope, not one Unique homo spapien and a unique homosapien women and man.

What happens is that they mated with the previous SUB species, whch probably was homo Erectus.

Over time, they might form homospaiens partners, but the two is not needed at all to start off humanity.

Your ignorance about our origins is shocking.

There was a (Mito)Eve, but she was far from being the first human.

There was an (Y-Chrome)Adam, but he was also far apart from the beginning.

In fact, they were thousand(s) of years apart from eachother.

Yup that's what you guys like to say, as well as name call.

Considering there is not even a consensus if homo erectus is even related to to homosapien(human). It would be nice to see some DNA on those fossils to end wild speculation. But then you evo's faith is incredible. It becomes very difficult to talk legitimate science with folks who are so devout in believing 19th century myth. But my grandma taught me how to spot a fairy tale: they always begin "a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away". [Inflammatory remark removed by staff.]

Considering there is not even a consensus if homo erectus is even related to to homosapien(human). It would be nice to see some DNA on those fossils to end wild speculation. But then you evo's faith is incredible. It becomes very difficult to talk legitimate science with folks who are so devout in believing 19th century myth. But my grandma taught me how to spot a fairy tale: they always begin "a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away". A shame yours did not. ; )

What? Umm, excuse me.

Homo Erectus
Homo Sapiens

Its nice to know what ALL animals(and plants) are related to us. Its a known fact.

The cros and the Neanderthals could sexually copulate with eachother.

Correction: I was mistaken, Erectus evolved into H. heidelbergensis, but the idea is that H. heidelbergensis is just a simply more adapt H.Erectus, and so H.Erectus was just a ill-adapt H. heidelbergensis.

H.Spaiens, mated probably with H. heidelbergensis.

Considering there is not even a consensus if homo erectus is even related to to homosapien(human). It would be nice to see some DNA on those fossils to end wild speculation. But then you evo's faith is incredible. It becomes very difficult to talk legitimate science with folks who are so devout in believing 19th century myth. But my grandma taught me how to spot a fairy tale: they always begin "a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away".

"In the beginning" isn't that the start of your Bible?

Legitimate science? Evolution is legitmate science.

I should know, I am, by definition, a scientist.

Who are you to dictate what science is and is not?

http://archaeologyinfo.com/homo-erectus/

Hey, everyone. Let's keep this discussion civil, please.
2.5: Respect each others' opinions. Address issues, not persons or personalities. Give other members the respect you would want them to give yourself.

It is a violation to misquote or misrepresent another member.

Any personal problems with another member, then deal with it through private messages. No harassing members via PM. No public posting of PMs. Publicly announcing who is on a member's Ignore list is prohibited.

Respect where others are in their spiritual walk, do not disrupt the flow of discussion or act in a way that affects others negatively including when debating doctrinal issues, in the defence of the Christian faith, and in offering unwelcome spiritual advice.

What? Umm, excuse me.

Homo Erectus
Homo Sapiens

Its nice to know what ALL animals(and plants) are related to us. Its a known fact.

Also, we know that Erectus lived with humans, and can reproduce with them.

The cros and the Neanderthals could sexually copulate with eachother.

Homo Erectus is a distinct species that is now considered a Hominid. /rollseyes

Please catch up with modern science and classifications things have changed over the last 100 years.

Homo Erectus is a distinct species that is now considered a Hominid. /rollseyes

Please catch up with modern science and classifications things have changed over the last 100 years.

I have made the correction in one of my earlier posts.

The theory still stands. They did not need two homospiens to be created, they just needed a subspecies to mate with.

It is very probable this is what happened.

Btw, a hominid is still able to mate with another hominid, thats why they are SUB species of eachother. One gave rise to another.

Neaderthals and humans were able to interbreed. What is to say that early humans didn't interbreed with another subspecies?

Back onto marriage:

The origins of marriage is clear, it did not come from judaism, nor christianity. The custom of marriage, as practiced during the time the OT was written, was very very common. It seems only sensible that the biblical writers were raised to believe this was the way god had made marriage, or that thats the way marriage was orignally preformed.

Such was not the case.

A little off topic but I was watching a debate between Richard Dawkins and an Australian priest last week.

When Dawkins mentioned all life having a common ancestor the priest seemed to think that that shared ancestor was some sort of monstrous chimera comprising elements of all species which subsequently emerged. That's a frightening image:eeeekkk

I think the idea of simple to complex forms was a little beyond him.

Anyway, back to topic:lol

The theory still stands. They did not need two homospiens to be created, they just needed a subspecies to mate with.

Unfortunately DNA & the fossil record does not support that myth.

I seem to recall readin a recent article that proposed that modern Humans did not mate with Neanderthals as was previously believed.

How much of the Neanderthal genome have the sequeneced btw? Is it pretty much completely sequenced by now?

I'm pretty sure that they found around 4% of Neanderthal DNA in non-Africans. Not much of a contribution really

I seem to recall readin a recent article that proposed that modern Humans did not mate with Neanderthals as was previously believed.

How much of the Neanderthal genome have the sequeneced btw? Is it pretty much completely sequenced by now?

I'm pretty sure that they found around 4% of Neanderthal DNA in non-Africans. Not much of a contribution really

And Alex, how long did neaderthals exist? How long was it since they were extinct?

These questions are essential because D.N.A changes over time.

Four precent is still a number in its own right.

Did you know that we frow a coat of fur, and webbed feet, but we lose it in the womb?

I just read an article arguing that we DIDN'T mate, but it didn't provide any evidence, it just saying that the four precent MIGHT be able to be connected with common ancestry.

It didn't provide any evidence than the emergence of a new hypothesis.

Also: http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/sma...ids-did-humans-mate-with-neanderthals-or-not/

Its not a question of is it possible, it is, but a question of HOW OFTEN.

So, it is quite possible for a early homo-sapien to mate with a subspecies to create nore homosapiens.

The theory still stands.

And Alex, how long did neaderthals exist? How long was it since they were extinct?

These questions are essential because D.N.A changes over time.

Four precent is still a number in its own right.

Did you know that we frow a coat of fur, and webbed feet, but we lose it in the womb?

Oh, of course:thumbsup I mean, our immune systems probably owe a lot to what that 4% probably did contribute. I wasn't saying that it was an in significant number.

Yeah. You can find all sorts of genetic studies related to this if you do just a cursory bit of research.

Was talking to the dude who claimed we can't/or didn't have sexual relations with other subspecies.

Was talking to the dude who claimed we can't/or didn't have sexual relations with other subspecies.

Ooooooh. I got the wrong end of the stick.

Yeah. In fact I believe one of the problems of sequencing the Neanderthal genome for example is that their bones are so contaminated by Human DNA it makes it really difficult to extract what you need.

Ooooooh. I got the wrong end of the stick.

Yeah. In fact I believe one of the problems of sequencing the Neanderthal genome for example is that their bones are so full of Human DNA it makes it really difficult to extract what you need.

Yeah, but the fact is that his claim is really easy to refute.

You were right in pointing out that other animals have life long partners.

While it might be for other things, Marriage is essentially a evolutionary based, social instiution.

The Bible has no original claim on marriage due to the fact that science, and even ancient historians has pointed to an alternative view.

Back