Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Pagan Easter

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The devil cannot be redeemed. Those rituals were first observed in honor of Satan. What belongs to him cannot be "christianized".

so the cross is out? we shouldn't use that In words or the bible? that was satan's first. Babylon used that to uhm worship tammuz.

so the cross is out? we shouldn't use that In words or the bible? that was satan's first. Babylon used that to uhm worship tammuz.

Why would you want to worship a cross anyways?
The person whom laid down His life on the cross, is whom you should worship.

They didn't teach this in school

The cross was worshipped by the Pagan Celts long before the incarnation and death of Christ. "It is a fact," says Maurice, "not less remarkable than well-attested, that the Druids in their groves were accustomed to select the most stately and beautiful tree as an emblem of the Deity they adored, and having cut the side branches, they affixed two of the largest of them to the highest part of the trunk, in such a manner that those branches extended on each side like the arms of a man, and, together with the body, presented the appearance of a HUGE CROSS, and on the bark, in several places, was also inscribed the letter Thau." It was worshipped in Mexico for ages before the Roman Catholic missionaries set foot there, large stone crosses being erected, probably to the "god of rain." The cross thus widely worshipped, or regarded as a sacred emblem, was the unequivocal symbol of Bacchus, the Babylonian Messiah, for he was represented with a head-band covered with crosses..

http://www.biblebelievers.com/babylon/sect56.htm

tob

Why would you want to worship a cross anyways?
The person whom laid down His life on the cross, is whom you should worship.
one isn't worshipping the cross but the fact is jesus died on that pagan icon. that is my point.
so by saying its a sin to use eggs or to use the word easter and we don't use either as a diety but think of the cross and the blood as it is mentioned.as quest as shown with the eggs she had as a kid during easter.

therefore your position must mean that the word,images of cross is a sin. that is what the jw teaches word for word. since the pagan ritual of easter is included with that image its all bad. jesus died on the stake not the cross. which has no historical accuracy.

my point is that the object satan used, God took that and used it to HIS glory.

in the torah,

"cursed is him who hangeth on a tree". 1500 years before the cross occurred that is in the tanach.

They didn't teach this in school

The cross was worshipped by the Pagan Celts long before the incarnation and death of Christ. "It is a fact," says Maurice, "not less remarkable than well-attested, that the Druids in their groves were accustomed to select the most stately and beautiful tree as an emblem of the Deity they adored, and having cut the side branches, they affixed two of the largest of them to the highest part of the trunk, in such a manner that those branches extended on each side like the arms of a man, and, together with the body, presented the appearance of a HUGE CROSS, and on the bark, in several places, was also inscribed the letter Thau." It was worshipped in Mexico for ages before the Roman Catholic missionaries set foot there, large stone crosses being erected, probably to the "god of rain." The cross thus widely worshipped, or regarded as a sacred emblem, was the unequivocal symbol of Bacchus, the Babylonian Messiah, for he was represented with a head-band covered with crosses..

http://www.biblebelievers.com/babylon/sect56.htm

tob
celts where were when rome crucified jesus? oh Galatia. in gaul and defeated. they weren't as old as Babylon.
I the early cross and the accurate one is that it was a tau shaped. the top had the marking of sentence for the accused as the rcc has it in their older images.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_cross
since some used w.e. vine.

here
According to W. E. Vine, the cross was used by worshipers of Tammuz, an Ancient Near East deity of Babylonian origin who had the cross-shaped taw (tau) as his symbol.[4]
I

it goes back to the time of Egypt as well the ankh.

I have better things to do then argue of the symbols in the church. frankly I never give that much thought. its missing the point. the fact that he died is greater. if one is that offended then don't use them. but im not going to miss church and call this webpage my church. I could post what events transpired and some members likely sent a boy to the edge even closer then he should have been to his near suicide and the staff knows this is true.

so this site nor church is perfect. enjoy your religious legalism and judging. feel free to say that I wont because of I see that but don't damn those look like me that knows this well and doesn't see a problem

Jehovah's witness indoctrination doesn't just get forgotten. im waiting for some one to call the trinity pagan. that has yet to happen but I know that argument.

I have better things to do then argue of the symbols in the church. frankly I never give that much thought. its missing the point. the fact that he died is greater. if one is that offended then don't use them. but im not going to miss church and call this webpage my church. I could post what events transpired and some members likely sent a boy to the edge even closer then he should have been to his near suicide and the staff knows this is true.

so this site nor church is perfect. enjoy your religious legalism and judging. feel free to say that I wont because of I see that but don't damn those look like me that knows this well and doesn't see a problem

Jehovah's witness indoctrination doesn't just get forgotten. im waiting for some one to call the trinity pagan. that has yet to happen but I know that argument.

None of what you posted is happening in this thread. You must have it confused with another one.

None of what you posted is happening in this thread. You must have it confused with another one.

it has happened on this forum. you don't attend church. the other poster wont set foot on any church.

online church isn't committal at all. no accountability, im sorry but it is. that is a fact.sometimes that is all it that one can be.but how does one Baptist another online? communion. that will be interested. self communion? by ones lonesome or over snap chat? I can see the times for that but if its over that. well then show me how its consistent to have a cross on a webpage and also don't want to use an egg for easter, both are pagan. churches I have been to don't always to egg hunts. this year mine didn't plan one to my knowledge. if they did then the school will do it. but not for the service. which is usually done separately. sunday I will know. but knowing the ladies they will work jesus right in. fun for chocolate, jesus dying on the cross taught first.

I see no difference tween those two.

which we did with the cross. the early church didn't use the cross. they use the fish symbol with the letters for doctrinal statement or other thing which included a dove. yet no threads on the pagan origins of the cross. a dove is also in islam and used for twitter. heathens repent!
I tried to talk about the pagan origins of the cross one time long ago as the exact same contrast you are pointing out here. Almost everyone ignored me and those who responded acted as if I was crazy and didn't know what I was talking about.

I tried to talk about the pagan origins of the cross one time long ago as the exact same contrast you are pointing out here. Almost everyone ignored me and those who responded acted as if I was crazy and didn't know what I was talking about.
I had to give all that up. I think my testimony in short of what I was indoctrinated in shall due:

1) hell?! nope pagan, lie of the devil god doesn't damn a person for eternity
2) eternal soul? that is pagan
3) cross, trinity, easter , all pagan
4)heaven for the 144,000 , earth for all others
that is but a part of what I had to let go. until this site I never thought that the Christian would argue for 1,2,parts of 3.

waiting for 4.

it has happened on this forum. you don't attend church. the other poster wont set foot on any church.

online church isn't committal at all. no accountability, im sorry but it is. that is a fact.sometimes that is all it that one can be.but how does one Baptist another online? communion. that will be interested. self communion? by ones lonesome or over snap chat? I can see the times for that but if its over that. well then show me how its consistent to have a cross on a webpage and also don't want to use an egg for easter, both are pagan. churches I have been to don't always to egg hunts. this year mine didn't plan one to my knowledge. if they did then the school will do it. but not for the service. which is usually done separately. sunday I will know. but knowing the ladies they will work jesus right in. fun for chocolate, jesus dying on the cross taught first.

I see no difference tween those two.

Again, this has nothing to do with the topic.

Again, this has nothing to do with the topic.

so the cross isn't pagan? yet the easter usage is a sin?

funny pagan is pagan it is revelant. we may focus on the easter egg in this thread but well someone said what satan uses god cant redeem? funny I was used very much by satan. god cant redeem?
I don't have any crosses in my house. im not into that. I don't wear one. have one in my truck. none on the lawn. none as bumper sticker.

the cross was very much satan and god used that to redeem man and planned that long before Egyptian ankh, the other pagan myths had their versions. so yes its on topic.

The devil cannot be redeemed. Those rituals were first observed in honor of Satan. What belongs to him cannot be "christianized".

No one is suggesting that the devil can be redeemed but we most certainly can take pagan things and give them new meanings to point people to Christ. This is precisely what Paul did in Athens when he took the altar "To the unknown God" and pointed he worshipers to God.

There is more on this idea here: http://www.str.org/articles/is-christmas-pagan#.VR7G7btFBdg

so the cross isn't pagan? yet the easter usage is a sin?

funny pagan is pagan it is revelant. we may focus on the easter egg in this thread but well someone said what satan uses god cant redeem? funny I was used very much by satan. god cant redeem?
I don't have any crosses in my house. im not into that. I don't wear one. have one in my truck. none on the lawn. none as bumper sticker.

the cross was very much satan and god used that to redeem man and planned that long before Egyptian ankh, the other pagan myths had their versions. so yes its on topic.

If you wish to discuss the origins of the cross, create a thread and we'll talk.

Right now you need to stop derailing this thread.

Just a thought.

The topic is Easter.

Yes, the symbolism.
There isn't anyone who can prove where those symbols FIRST came from.
Archeology does not go as far back as Noah.
Mythology has the story of Pandora's box. Why did they have that story? Was it because the generations before them told of the Garden and Eve's transgression? And then through the centuries, like playing telephone, those stories got twisted out of shape?

Rom 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

So if one is worshiping the egg that God created and giving the egg the glory that belongs to God as the creator then they are in the same boats as those in Romans 1:23.
I personally don't know anyone who worships the egg in place of the creator or worships the sun at a sunrise service. Do you?

We can still discuss this without anyone getting upset. Right....?

2.4: No Trolling. Do not make an inflammatory remark just to get a response. Address issues not personalities. Respect where people are in their spiritual walk, and respect all others in general. Respect where others are in their spiritual walk, do not disrupt the flow of discussion or act in a way that affects others negatively including when debating doctrinal issues, in the defense of the Christian faith, and in offering unwelcome spiritual advice.

No one is suggesting that the devil can be redeemed but we most certainly can take pagan things and give them new meanings to point people to Christ. This is precisely what Paul did in Athens when he took the altar "To the unknown God" and pointed he worshipers to God.

Actually, this is what Paul had to say about their altar.

Acts 17
23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription,To The Unknown God. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.
24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
<snip>
29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Actually, this is what Paul had to say about their altar.

Acts 17
23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription,To The Unknown God. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.
24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
<snip>
29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Gary, what are you trying to save us from? What do think will happen to us if we do an easter egg hunt?

In your opinion, what are our consequences for participating in a easter egg hunt?

Back