Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Passover of God

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Why would a covenant in which God said he would remember our sins and iniquities no more require a covering and sacrifice for those sins?

If the Blood of Jesus is removed as a covering there no longer remains a sacrifice for sin.

Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
Eph 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

I understand that, but at the same time I challenge you, if you had to choose one, which would it be and why?
They are one and the same thing, so I don't see how I could choose one and not the other.
Christ's blood is God's grace in this matter of salvation and the forgiveness of sin.

Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
Eph 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Good job. That was the other reference I was grasping for.

"...the exceeding riches of his grace (expressed) in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus" (vs. 7)

And yet what remains when there remains no sacrifice for sin?

Death.

Hebrews 10
26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.

Death.

Hebrews 10
26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.

I knew you'd find it. :thumbsup

The Blood of Christ. Because even if I made the wrong choice, I'm forgiven. :sohappy

I could not make that choice.. .. To my mind that is like asking Can God create a rock He can not lift...

I choose Grace, and Grace all day long. The Grace of God has been from everlasting, and shall be to everlasting. The covenant made with Abraham was based upon Faith through the Grace of God. The Blood of Christ was not needed that Abraham might live according to the Grace bestowed upon him by the Lord. The Blood of Christ was a one time event, a sacrifice once for all time. And like the scripture says in the book of Hebrews, that if you sin willingly after receiving the gift of God, then there remains no more sacrifices for sin, which would then make his blood of none effect. But if there remains to me no more sacrifice for sin, then the Faith that lies within my heart shall rest in the Grace that the Lord has bestowed upon me.

Death.

Hebrews 10

The correct answer would be Grace, for those who trust in the Lord.

The correct answer would be Grace, for those who trust in the Lord.

"but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries."

That doesn't sound like Grace.

So you want to go back to sacrificing animals? Why?

I choose Grace, and Grace all day long. The Grace of God has been from everlasting, and shall be to everlasting. The covenant made with Abraham was based upon Faith through the Grace of God. The Blood of Christ was not needed that Abraham might live according to the Grace bestowed upon him by the Lord. The Blood of Christ was a one time event, a sacrifice once for all time. And like the scripture says in the book of Hebrews, that if you sin willingly after receiving the gift of God, then there remains no more sacrifices for sin, which would then make his blood of none effect. But if there remains to me no more sacrifice for sin, then the Faith that lies within my heart shall rest in the Grace that the Lord has bestowed upon me.
God's grace in the form of the blood of Christ has been the basis for the saving power of faith from the beginning of time:

18 knowing that you were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold from your futile way of life inherited from your forefathers,
19 but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ.
20 For He was foreknown before the foundation of the world, but has appeared in these last times for the sake of you
21 who through Him are believers in God...
(1 Peter 1:18-21 NASB)

9 ...His own purpose and grace which was granted us in Christ Jesus from all eternity,
10 but now has been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus...
(2 Timothy 1:9-10 NASB)

Abraham had faith that God would provide a son that would inherit the promises made to him. That is the faith that justifies. We have that same faith. We also believe God's word that he has provided a Son that inherits the blessing on our behalf. That Son, of course, being Jesus.

It's impossible to separate the faith that justifies from the promise of the son that God would provide who would lay hold of the blessings God has promised.

"but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries."

That doesn't sound like Grace.

So you want to go back to sacrificing animals? Why?

Why would Grace require going back to a sacrifice. For those whom hold a certain fearful expectation of judgement and fiery indignation, I can promise you one thing: they have never known the Grace of God. Many people live in doubt and fear that the blood of Christ no longer covers their sin, and they doubt their salvation. The knowledge of sin will always cause me to doubt my salvation. The knowledge of God's Grace within me will never leave doubt.

Back